X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Is Simms an elite analyst? Discuss.
    I don't watch enough AFC games to actually have a real opinion. My brother though, who is a Bills fan, tells me that he drools over Tom Brady.
    sigpic

Comment

5 pages so far. 15 more to go
      sigpic

Comment

No he is up there, but once in awhile he says quiestionable things and underperforms multiple boradcasts in a row while others may only have an off day here and there. I think he should get a bye week to collect his thoughts and get away from football before he says anything else that is pointless. Of course he may just not be getting enough helped and exposed to too much bad information and runs with it. His team needs to step it up and stop exposing him to nonsense.

Comment

Nobody has ever accused Phil Simms of being a great analyst or being unbiased. I think Phil is talking out his butt on this one but I have no hate for him and I am not going to spew anger at him. The guy is a legendary NY Giant and one tough SOB.

Phil Simms was a great NY Giant. In another system with another coach, he would have had way better stats, although his career stats are not that shabby. The guy did throw for 500+ in a game twice and had a virtually flawless performance in SuperBowl. Heck, Bill Walsh was scrambling trying to trade to draft Phil Simms because of his size, instincts and arm strength. Can you imagine the numbers Phil Simms would have posted in San Francisco under Coach Walsh?

I have mad love for Phil Simms and will always appreciate what he did for NY Giants. I think Phil is just a little upset because Eli will soon surpass him in virtually every passing category in NY Giants history.

It is okay Phil. You were great but Eli is The Best QB in NY Giants History.
          Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 11-14-2012, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
            Ah Simms himself is/was not elite either.......saw his career stats, nothing special.
            I saw his career. He was very special.

But anyway....Is it required that only elite QB's can decide what QB is or isn't elite? If so, we all need to shut up.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
              This from Pro Football Today's power ranking after week 10 games:

11. Giants: Eli Manning doesn’t have a tired arm; his arm is in a coma.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                I don't watch enough AFC games to actually have a real opinion. My brother though, who is a Bills fan, tells me that he drools over Tom Brady.
                I've finally figured it out. Phil Simms is Morehead. And it took me this long to realize it...

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                  NOBODY ever said Eli was the best in the league.......not even his mother.
                  You obviously haven't been reading this MB since SB 46.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Seriously?
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      You obviously haven't been reading this MB since SB 46.
                      +1
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        Phil Simms is one of my personal favorite former players. Someone responded that he also wasn't elite, and I agree with that. But Phil Simms was something to watch in that day and he played when beating up the QB was encouraged.

I don't think the fact that it's Phil Simms saying it makes it any worse or less/more valid than any other talking head.
                        yeah he's just trying to make an honest living........by stirring up ***.

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                          5 pages so far. 15 more to go

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Seriously?
                            Poking fun at the elite labels RF. I got Mike Mayock as my #1 and I'm just not sure where to place Simms. He has his moment where he fanboys over certain players but he can be pretty objective at other times. I question his consistency.

Comment

Simms is a great Giant and beloved by 99% of Giants fans and he was far from Elite.
                              Eli is a better overall QB (IMO) and gets less love overall. So what and who cares. Eli and his crew have two SBs. Good enough for me.....
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                                yeah he's just trying to make an honest living........by stirring up ***.
                                That's what they do, they get paid to do it. We make that possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X