Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    this page has a long way to go before it hits the 255 pages the "Ben is better than Eli" thread had. Courtesy of the legendary Giggles.
    Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

    Now let the games begin.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

      Now let the games begin.
      Ben is hurt and out for three weeks......I guess he gets injured better than Eli.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        Ben is hurt and out for three weeks......I guess he gets injured better than Eli.....
        Eli is made of rubber. Its not a fair comparison. The man has no skeleton or muscle.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Eli is made of rubber. Its not a fair comparison. The man has no skeleton or muscle.
          hence the name Gumby....
          works for him though....he does bleed however....
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

            Now let the games begin.
            their stats were almost identical and Ben didn't even play.
            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

            Comment


            • Ben is better than Eli...at getting injured.
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • What was lost in all the Eli/Elite talk last year was Ben's performance. I think last year was probably his best.

                Hes guilty of dumb **** in his own right. Similar to where Eli would not just take the sack and force a throw for a turnover, Ben would many times do the same thing and get too overconfident in his ability to not be taken down. He would either get stripped for a fumble or throw a pick and last year he also turned a corner in protecting the ball better... lot more dump-offs too.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

                  Now let the games begin.
                  Better at embarrassing his team and fans? Better at being stupid? Putting himself in bar restrooms with young girls? You can have Ben.... I think the Giants made the best choice in the draft.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    had guy who sold dirty water dogs out of the back of his station wagon for like 20 years at park by my house. He knew all the kids in town and their siblings. watched us all grow up. His name was Larry......and Larry was Elite.
                    That guys sounds like HOF material to me......

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                      35% of starting qbs are elite? I don't think that is the literal definition

                      There is no objective nor quantitative definition to elite, that's what makes this thread hilarious.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

                        Now let the games begin.

                        Comment


                        • Century mark on the way?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

                            Now let the games begin.
                            More and more it seems like 2011 Eli was an aberration. Ben's been performing at a higher level more consistently and for longer. Personally, I needed to see one more great season from Eli before I lumped him into Ben's category. That applied to everyone - Cruz, JPP, etc. I needed one more year.

                            After 2011, those that thought Eli was better certainly had a case - especially if they felt that "good" Eli would continue playing at a high level. But now, with Eli struggling and having a sub-par year, putting Eli in Ben's category is becoming more and more far fetched.

                            For arguments sake, if Eli turns it on again at the end of the year, it will be same story of inconsistency that has plagued him throughout his career.

                            I expect Eli to have a big game tomorrow. He's due. And he tends to play the best against the better teams.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                            Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              More and more it seems like 2011 Eli was an aberration. Ben's been performing at a higher level more consistently and for longer. Personally, I needed to see one more great season from Eli before I lumped him into Ben's category. That applied to everyone - Cruz, JPP, etc. I needed one more year.After 2011, those that thought Eli was better certainly had a case - especially if they felt that "good" Eli would continue playing at a high level. But now, with Eli struggling and having a sub-par year, putting Eli in Ben's category is becoming more and more far fetched.For arguments sake, if Eli turns it on again at the end of the year, it will be same story of inconsistency that has plagued him throughout his career.I expect Eli to have a big game tomorrow. He's due. And he tends to play the best against the better teams.
                              We play tomorrow?
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                                stop nit - pickin' CC , i'm not crushing on Hoss, just pointing out that he was
                                merely a serviceable QB and i just strongly believe with Simms it would not have
                                come down to Scott Norwood 's "wide right".

                                ELI > Carr = Simms > Hoss.
                                not so fast there .....

                                there were plays in that 1990 playoff run that Hoss made with his legs that were game changing

                                some in the SB game as well

                                plays I am not sure Simms would have made

                                do I think Hostetler was a better QB than Simms? absolutely not

                                but that playoff run may have looked a bit different without him in there

                                that 49er team was tough ....and Phil struggled a bit against them earlier that season

                                thats not to say Phil would have lost that game......but Hoss did a great job fighting for first downs with his legs when he needed to ......and threw some balls dead on the money when he needed to as well

                                even with Phil in that SB game it very well may have come down to a FG......earlier in the season the Giants lost to the Bills 17-13 in a game where Simms and Hoss both struggled

                                I think Hoss even looked a bit better than Simms that day coming off the bench cold as an ice cube
                                Last edited by YATittle1962; 11-21-2012, 11:52 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X