This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    More and more it seems like 2011 Eli was an aberration. Ben's been performing at a higher level more consistently and for longer. Personally, I needed to see one more great season from Eli before I lumped him into Ben's category. That applied to everyone - Cruz, JPP, etc. I needed one more year.

After 2011, those that thought Eli was better certainly had a case - especially if they felt that "good" Eli would continue playing at a high level. But now, with Eli struggling and having a sub-par year, putting Eli in Ben's category is becoming more and more far fetched.

For arguments sake, if Eli turns it on again at the end of the year, it will be same story of inconsistency that has plagued him throughout his career.

I expect Eli to have a big game tomorrow. He's due. And he tends to play the best against the better teams.
    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    We play tomorrow?
    Haha. Sunday can't come fast enough.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
      stop nit - pickin' CC , i'm not crushing on Hoss, just pointing out that he was
      merely a serviceable QB and i just strongly believe with Simms it would not have
      come down to Scott Norwood 's "wide right".

ELI > Carr = Simms > Hoss.
      May i ask who you are that you know my initials?
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Haha. Sunday can't come fast enough.
        Word
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

Now let the games begin.
          I think there is a plot to get this thread to 100 pages, and Morehead must have money on it with this most recent volley... instigating is a 10 yard penalty.... Non-reviewable.

Comment

For arguments sake, if Eli turns it on again at the end of the year, it will be same story of inconsistency that has plagued him throughout his career.
            Yes...Eli has been plagued throughout his career. So far the plague has netted 2 Lombardis. I bet Romo is wishing he could catch the plague.

Comment

May i ask who you are that you know my initials?
              sorry , i can't divulge that information over the webernet.
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Right now...Ben IS better than Eli.

Now let the games begin.
                right now Ben is on the sideline until further notice

Charlie Batch anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  not so fast there .....

there were plays in that 1990 playoff run that Hoss made with his legs that were game changing

some in the SB game as well

plays I am not sure Simms would have made

do I think Hostetler was a better QB than Simms? absolutely not

but that playoff run may have looked a bit different without him in there

that 49er team was tough ....and Phil struggled a bit against them earlier that season

thats not to say Phil would have lost that game......but Hoss did a great job fighting for first downs with his legs when he needed to ......and threw some balls dead on the money when he needed to as well

even with Phil in that SB game it very well may have come down to a FG......earlier in the season the Giants lost to the Bills 17-13 in a game where Simms and Hoss both struggled

I think Hoss even looked a bit better than Simms that day coming off the bench cold as an ice cube
                  i'm sorry YA , but we have had previous QB discussions and i can't go there with you.
                  it is pointless , your idol threw more interceptions than touchdowns and i therefor disagree with your QB judgement....
                  not to say that you are wrong.....just saying we obviously disagree on this one also......
                  so there is no point for us to converse any more on this matter.

i think Simms woulda kicked their ice-bucket , you don't ......that's fine.
                  my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

i'm sorry YA , but we have had previous QB discussions and i can't go there with you.
                    it is pointless , your idol threw more interceptions than touchdowns and i therefor disagree with your QB judgement....
                    not to say that you are wrong.....just saying we obviously disagree on this one also......
                    so there is no point for us to converse any more on this matter.

i think Simms woulda kicked their ice-bucket , you don't ......that's fine.
                    why didn't he kick their ice bucket a few weeks earlier ?

...and look at YAs 3 yr stats with the Giants because that is all I judge him by ....I didn't even know he existed when he was a 49er

his last season is a throw away.....he could barely walk

he was fantastic as a Giant
                    Last edited by YATittle1962; 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

...and look at YAs 3 yr stats with the Giants because that is all I judge him by ....I didn't even know he existed when he was a 49er

And I agree with you! I never heard of Tittle until he came to the Giants! Sadly, we ran into the Packers twice. I still consider the Lombardi Packers as the best team I have ever watched to this day. The Bears game I was positive we would win ---- until Y.A. got hurt!
                      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

well , then i can only judge how Simms would have played in a super bowl by his only other attempt at it.
                        the only question you need to ask is would you have started a healthy Simms over Hoss.

Comment

well , then i can only judge how Simms would have played in a super bowl by his only other attempt at it.
                          the only question you need to ask is would you have started a healthy Simms over Hoss.
                          absolutely

Comment

absolutely
                            Would also like to remind everyone who supports Simms over Eli talking about all he had to overcome in terms of the coaches fans and media. Nobody was tougher mentally than hoss. What that guy endured during his path to super Bowl 25 is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                              Would also like to remind everyone who supports Simms over Eli talking about all he had to overcome in terms of the coaches fans and media. Nobody was tougher mentally than hoss. What that guy endured during his path to super Bowl 25 is amazing.
                              OK I respectfully disagree with that. He didn't have the stomach for Bill Parcells. He said that he told his wife that he wanted to quit the game in the middle of the 90 season because he wasn't starting. Like he should start over Phil Simms.
                              I always thought he was weak in that respect.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                There is no objective nor quantitative definition to elite, that's what makes this thread hilarious.
                                That's like having trouble understanding what the meaning of is is.

Comment

Working...
                                X