X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
    This from Pro Football Today's power ranking after week 10 games:

11. Giants: Eli Manning doesn’t have a tired arm; his arm is in a coma.
    This whole "tired arm" crap is nothing but BS. The guy is one of the toughest QB's in today's game and one of the few that I feel could have still had a long career back in the day when QB's weren't treated like girls by the refs. Clear as day to me that the team together is dysfunctional and in some way create mental hurdles for themselves, season after season. The season will depend on if THIS YEAR the team breaks through their own mental hurdles. When we are clicking on all cylinders I don't believe we can be beat by any current team out there. Unfortunately, we just don't like clicking on all cylinders most of the year. lol

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      That's what they do, they get paid to do it. We make that possible.
      yup sadly lol

Comment

if you go off eli;s career numbers you see last year he was very good, but other than that no "
        elite" stats now if you are going off his 2 min drill comebacks intangibles and sb's i can see that also. But for the most part Simms is correct.

hopefully this lights that fire under eli.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          Poking fun at the elite labels RF. I got Mike Mayock as my #1 and I'm just not sure where to place Simms. He has his moment where he fanboys over certain players but he can be pretty objective at other times. I question his consistency.
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            if you go off eli;s career numbers you see last year he was very good, but other than that no "
            elite" stats now if you are going off his 2 min drill comebacks intangibles and sb's i can see that also. But for the most part Simms is correct.

hopefully this lights that fire under eli.
            man rooni's having a field day! I haven't seen him this excited since Tiki threatened to come back in the league. Or when Sehorn was in 'Days of our lives'
            Last edited by Rusty192; 11-13-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Phil Simms is one of my personal favorite former players. Someone responded that he also wasn't elite, and I agree with that. But Phil Simms was something to watch in that day and he played when beating up the QB was encouraged.

I don't think the fact that it's Phil Simms saying it makes it any worse or less/more valid than any other talking head.
              This is true, but Phil seems to be carrying a chip on his shoulders about various Giants players. He's made derisive comments about some over the years, but that's always been Phil. It shows on Inside The NFL with him and Chris and it shows the way he announces games. Somewhat Joe Theisman like, if you ask me.

Comment

I'm very upset!!!!
                We have the potential for a knock down, drag out thread with lots of vitriol and name calling.....and I have **** to do.

Nothing is going right today!!!
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                  I don't watch enough AFC games to actually have a real opinion. My brother though, who is a Bills fan, tells me that he drools over Tom Brady.
                  That's because the Pats are run by Bill B. and Phil drools over his jock, but then I do too. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    Simms is a great Giant and beloved by 99% of Giants fans and he was far from Elite.
                    Eli is a better overall QB (IMO) and gets less love overall. So what and who cares. Eli and his crew have two SBs. Good enough for me.....
                    HOF = Elite
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

HOF = Elite
                      sorry Ro....
                      Joe Namath not Elite. More picks than TDs....
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I am a little confused here because I watched Phil on Inside the NFL say the exact opposite of what this article claims he is saying now.
                        sigpic

Comment

sorry Ro....
                          Well, Joe Namath got into the HoF because of the story behind SB3 and his prediction. I think he's a special case lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                            man rooni's having a field day! I haven't seen him this excited since Tiki threatened to come back in the league. Or when Sehorn was in 'Days of our lives'
                            haha you are on a roll today

Comment

sorry Ro....
                              Joe Namath was great. Maybe the purest passer of all time.
                              Stats are not the sole standard in the NFL. If they were Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testeverde would be shoe ins for the Hall.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                                eli has thrown more ints then any qb since his start. but at the same time great comeback wins and 4th qtr play to win sb's. its really hard to define what kind of qb Eli is.

He is a new breed a two faced QB
                                You really think that our complex scheme has nothing to do with his ints??? Come on man give the guy some damn respect. Ints. are not everything. He just started his prime and already threw for 30,000 yards and by the time this year ends he will have over 200 td's. He is elite. You must be one of those fans that are stuck on Simms and never want someone to succeed over him. What other QB's are putting up the numberd he has?? It's a very few. To me Simms would've been better off saying that he considers Elite one or two players instead of what he said.
                                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X