This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    Plunkett has more picks then TDs and has a sub 53% comp.....
    also had only 25k+ yards
    By the time Eli's career ends he will have major stats and rings....he already has 30+K yards, almost 60% comp, and more TD's then picks...
    Like I said I love Simms and it was a different time in the NFL when he played. But to say Eli isnt as good of a QB is just not how I think about it. But thats just me.....
    its all good.......i never said Eli would not get there.....he probably will .....with more rings or stats.
    but if you were to stop the merry-go-round right now .....the answer is no.

and i never said either one was was better.....that's subjective , opinionated , and at least 100 pages debatable !! LOL

i did however , say that Phil is my favorite Giant of all time.....which is not debatable.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Eli Manning is fourth-fastest active QB to reach 200 career TD passes (132 games). Big bro Peyton was fastest (106)
      i dunno if thats accurate...but
      1 of 5 qbs to throw for 3k and 20 tds at least for 6 straight seasons, (eli is on 8th season straight i dunno how many qbs have done that id assume less than 5).

eli is a bonafide elite qb. every qb has a slump now and then. peyton manning threw 4 ints in three straight games in his final playing season at Indy. Brees has 23 ints in 2010, and has actually had quite a few games where he's thrown a game ending int. Rodgers has had a couple of very pedestrian games this season as he did his first yr starting. Big Ben has had some bad slumps himself. Each of these QBs is nonetheless awesome, and exceptional like 90% of the time.
      I couldnt believe it when I saw Skip Bayless and Rob Parker of all people say that Eli is def elite and has done too much for a few games to redefine him. I also found it interesting to learn Skip is close friends with Simms and said he felt that a big part of this was Simms ultra competiveness and knowing Eli was about to pass him on the TDs list and that hurt him a little. I had to check my ears when I heard that from Skip and Skip said he loved Phil as a player but that this comment was bc Phils ego was hurt...

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I saw that on FB..Its not even close to being true.

Elias Stat of the Day: Manning now has 200 touchdown passes, one more than Simms did in his Giants career. He is the fourth-quickest to 200 touchdown throws among active quarterbacks (132 games). Eli's brother got there fastest (106 games_.
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
          its all good.......i never said Eli would not get there.....he probably will .....with more rings or stats.
          but if you were to stop the merry-go-round right now .....the answer is no.

and i never said either one was was better.....that's subjective , opinionated , and at least 100 pages debatable !! LOL

i did however , say that Phil is my favorite Giant of all time.....which is not debatable.
          He is one of my faves too...without question. Rodney Hampton too...
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Eli Manning is fourth-fastest active QB to reach 200 career TD passes (132 games). Big bro Peyton was fastest (106)
            Dan Marino did it in 89 games I believe.

Eli is somewhere around 8 on the list.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Elias Stat of the Day: Manning now has 200 touchdown passes, one more than Simms did in his Giants career. He is the fourth-quickest to 200 touchdown throws among active quarterbacks (132 games). Eli's brother got there fastest (106 games_.
              Piffle.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                Piffle.
                no "piffle"..lol
                the stat that was qouted previously was for actives....

Comment

OK its active QB's.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    OK its active QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      Dan Marino did it in 89 games I believe.

Eli is somewhere around 8 on the list.
                      Mind blowing...

Comment

For the record...Rivers will end up doing it in far less.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dline83;593915]
                          Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Exactly my point, but to denie that stats hold any importance, is incorrect in my mind. Your point also works both ways, if a young fan looked at Eli Mannings 2010 numbers and saw 25 interceptions he/she could make certain conclusions based on those stats that would not tell the whole story of why there were 25 interceptions. My point is that in conjuction with actually seeing the players we are talking about play, the stats add another layer of analysis that we would not have without them.
                          They certainly are great for debating. lol.

I have to admit when I was young I enjoyed looking at the players stats. But of course back then we maybe got to see them once a week from a good newspaper...

Comment

• The fact that this conversation is still happening shows how fickle and pathetic the media is. The fact that we're still even discussing the fact that Eli isn't elite on this board shows how easily we're pulled into a discussion that means nothing. This discussion is moot. Eli has nothing left to prove to anyone, except his team mates. All of our opinions of him, good or bad, don't mean jack squat.

Two time superbowl mvp and so many NFL and Giant's franchise records it's ridiculous. Anyone that doesn't believe he is elite is a bit delusional.

just my two cents.

Comment

• i don't see where how many games played even comes into the equation about reaching 200 td's
                              it should be how many passes , not how many games played.
                              a QB in an offense that throws twice as often should reach any milestone twice as fast.
                              the marker should be pass attempts , not games played.
                              Last edited by stormblue; 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM.
                              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

• [QUOTE=Roosevelt;594011]
                                Originally posted by Dline83 View Post

They certainly are great for debating. lol.

I have to admit when I was young I enjoyed looking at the players stats. But of course back then we maybe got to see them once a week from a good newspaper...
                                Me too Rosie.
                                I used to look at the stats of Phil in 1980 (or was it 1981) where he was stuck at 11 TD's and 9 picks because he was out for the year. I watched other QB's pass him every week.
                                The things we care about where we're young.

Comment

Working...
                                X