Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
    Simms does not care for the giants. Eli included. you hear it in his voice when he calls the games. the name Simms and Elite never show up in the same sentence . Elite is not always the numbers. Eli has a presence as an elite QB and many times does play like and elite QB. Simms could only wish to have that! F Simms!
    what?? SB XXI 22 of 25 passes completed for 268 yards and three touchdowns

    and yet if eli throws 1 td the whole game you all call him elite and best player on the team. come on now be fair

    Comment


    • #92
      I don't totally agree with Simms, but I definitely understand why someone would say that. Outside of the 2 Super Bowl runs Eli hasn't been great when it comes to production. "But but but Eli is great in the 4th quarter"....that's the niche Eli has had to keep his name in the debate along with the 2 Super Bowl MVPs. What about all the issues though? Throughout the Coughlin era Eli and KG are the biggest constants on offense. Eli has to share a lot of the blame for the teams redzone issues. Elite QB's put up a lot of touchdowns. There's no debating that. So it's difficult to make strong arguments for Eli when he struggles in that department.


      “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
        Simms does not care for the giants. Eli included. you hear it in his voice when he calls the games. the name Simms and Elite never show up in the same sentence . Elite is not always the numbers. Eli has a presence as an elite QB and many times does play like and elite QB. Simms could only wish to have that! F Simms!
        I disagree completely.

        Simms has a job to do as an analyst.....but he'll always be a NY Giant.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
          Honestly, he is right. He has been a mess for the last 4 games. Out of the elite QB's in the NFL, how many of those guys have had 4 game slumps like this? I like Elli as our QB, but I have to agree with Simms on this one.
          Well, to be fair, Brees started off the season with a 4-game skid, but you can just as easily blame that on lack of Payton.

          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

          Comment


          • #95
            I don't even care anymore... I wouldn't trade Eli for anyone. He doesn't need to prove anything to Phil Simms. He will go down as the Giants greatest quarterback of all time and that's fine with me. Yes he will be better then Simms when all is said and done.
            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              You put Simms in this system, coddle him like this staff has coddled Eli, given him Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz (instead of Byron Williams, Lionel Manuel, Ernest Gray and Bobby Johnson) let him play with these rules in the secondary and roughing the QB, and he puts up all time great numbers.

              If you take Eli Manning and put him in the system that Phil Simms was in, Eli would have dominated that era. The system Phil Simms was in was painless and seamless. Eli would have thrived with that O line and run game. Heck, if Eli Manning were the QB back then, Mark Bavarro may have put up Gronkowski numbers. Our O line and run game was so great that when Hoss, a guy that ran a 4.28 40 took over, he rarely had to run.

              I think Phil Simms would have had issues with this system under Gillbride. I am not saying that he would not have gotten it but it would have taken him longer than Eli. Heck, it took Phil awhile to get the system he was in down and that one was simple as it gets.

              I am not spewing angst at Phil but in my opinion, Eli is a better QB.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                I don't even care anymore... I wouldn't trade Eli for anyone. He doesn't need to prove anything to Phil Simms. He will go down as the Giants greatest quarterback of all time and that's fine with me. Yes he will be better then Simms when all is said and done.
                pretty much this

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Well, to be fair, Brees started off the season with a 4-game skid, but you can just as easily blame that on lack of Payton.
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...580/drew-brees

                  Their defense is horrible. That factors into that 4 game skid to start as well. He still got his though.
                  If you respect others, they will respect you.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                    If you take Eli Manning and put him in the system that Phil Simms was in, Eli would have dominated that era. The system Phil Simms was in was painless and seamless. Eli would have thrived with that O line and run game. Heck, if Eli Manning were the QB back then, Mark Bavarro may have put up Gronkowski numbers. Our O line and run game was so great that when Hoss, a guy that ran a 4.28 40 took over, he rarely had to run.

                    I think Phil Simms would have had issues with this system under Gillbride. I am not saying that he would not have gotten it but it would have taken him longer than Eli. Heck, it took Phil awhile to get the system he was in down and that one was simple as it gets.

                    I am not spewing angst at Phil but in my opinion, Eli is a better QB.
                    you couldn't be more wrong because eli hates to take sacks, he throws it up into double coverage hoping the wr talent can make plays on the ball and Eli doesn't have the accuracy simms had. in that era you could kill a QB, if eli gets touched he makes a face.

                    Comment


                    • Halfway home to 20 pages.
                      If you respect others, they will respect you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                        I disagree completely.

                        Simms has a job to do as an analyst.....but he'll always be a NY Giant.
                        +1
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • WTF does elite mean?

                          I could not give a flying furry one if Eli is elite or not.

                          It's wholly subjective, media coined term, it means jack diddley squat.

                          He's our QB and I for one am grateful.

                          He's taken us to the big one twice, he'll take us to the big one two or three more times before he hangs it up.

                          That either makes him elite or it doesn't ........... either way, you'll never confuse me with someone who gives a ****.

                          Comment


                          • Maybe Phils jealous of Elis success....and the fact that hes a few tds away from breaking his record. Didnt Phil say Eli is elite after superbowl 46? I could be wrong
                            Last edited by dezzzR; 11-13-2012, 03:38 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Simms is jealous Eli has 2 rings as QB, when he had to sit out and watch Hoss finish the job the second time around.

                              Then he eventually lost the starting job to Hoss.

                              Me thinks he still burns up inside and has some animosity towards the Giants.

                              Comment


                              • and another thing Simms knows what elite play is.

                                • 88.0% completion rate (Super Bowl record)
                                • 150.92 passer rating (Super Bowl record)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X