This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
    i don't see where how many games even comes into it.
    it should be passing attempts , not games played.
    a QB in an offense that throws twice as as often should reach any milestone twice as fast
    If there is one stat that means the most as far as how well a QB is throwing the ball it would be the ratio between TD's and Int's. It measures production vs. the cost of that production.
    In today's NFL, that number should be at least 2 to 1. All the best QB's always meet that standard (or come close)...except of course one.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I saw that on FB..Its not even close to being true.
      I just found this.,

QUARTERBACK
      # OF GAMES TO REACH 200 TD PASSES
      Dan Marino
      Peyton Manning
      Brett Favre
      Tom Brady
      Johnny Unitas
      Kurt Warner
      117*

Comment

If there is one stat that means the most as far as how well a QB is throwing the ball it would be the ratio between TD's and Int's. It measures production vs. the cost of that production.
        In today's NFL, that number should be at least 2 to 1. All the best QB's always meet that standard (or come close)...except of course one.
        However, only TWO of those guys playing right now have more than one SuperBowl MVP. MS, I couldn’t resist, lol.......

Eli was better on sunday against Green Bay Packers but he still looked a little bit off. Eli missed a couple easy passes and lets hope he calms down and fixes that. I am a huge Eli fan and supporter but I would like to see some consistency from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
          Eli was better on sunday against Green Bay Packers but he still looked a little bit off. Eli missed a couple easy passes and lets hope he calms down and fixes that. I am a huge Eli fan and supporter but I would like to see some consistency from him.
          That's how I saw it, yet I see he's up for some player of week honors. i didn't think he played well enough for something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
            You're kidding right? Have you watched ANY of the season so far?Drew Brees had 4 games where they couldn't even WIN a game. Aaron Rodgers had an early slump when he lost to the seahawks, colts, and 9ers and now us. Brady has been outgunned by Russel Wilson and Kevin Kolb for god sakes. Honestly any guy who thinks Eli isn't elite either hasn't been watching the season or is an idiot. Peyton Manning had an INT happy season in 2010.
            To Brees' credit, his defense is the worst in the league and he STILL got his. Brady still got his in his loss against the seahawks. Even though Rodgers started off 1-3, his stats in those games weren't bad and were posted earlier in thread. You mention those 3 QB's losing to sorry QBs. How about Eli losing to Rex Grosman last year TWICE and Vince Young!!!!! Anyways, you seriously need to get Eli's nuts out of your mouth and see things for what they are. None of those guys went on a 1 td and 6 int slump in any of their games. 1td and 6 ints in a four game stretch is Sanchez like. Just because I don't think Eli is an elite QB doesn't mean that I think he is great QB and a future hall of fame player. He is my guy, but I am not blind to his poor play at times.
            sigpic

Comment

Holy crap G. I'm getting old.

BTW...I must thrash you next week.
              Honestly, I feel old for actually remembering that game. Mid 30's is the perfect age to be I guess. I am pretty much throwing in the towel this ff season. My whole RB corps is hurt less Ray Rice
              sigpic

Comment

• i know some of us are guilty of nit picking on eli for this and that , but he is darn good when he is on. its just the up and down two faced QB thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                  Honestly, I feel old for actually remembering that game. Mid 30's is the perfect age to be I guess. I am pretty much throwing in the towel this ff season. My whole RB corps is hurt less Ray Rice
                  Well then you really don't need to start any of your best players....right?

Plus..you should have picked up Knowshon before I did.

Comment

Well then you really don't need to start any of your best players....right?

Plus..you should have picked up Knowshon before I did.
                    Eff it. Maybe I'll just start all back ups and start my IR guys and give you the W. I picked up Andre Brown for free and he goes down just when he starts killing it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                      OK...let's test your theory. I am predicting HOF for Brett Favre. According to your theory...in all the time that Brett played, he should be the only one that is admitted into the HOF who played in his era...is that how it works?
                      It's my own definition, not the criteria of the actual HoF. Favre will make the HoF. But if it were up to me he wouldn't.
                      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

For the record...Rivers will end up doing it in far less.
                        so what....
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          so what....
                          Exactly.

Comment

ehh not really....see how many rushing TDs there were as well....Not saying this is the deal with Eli but you get the idea.
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              It's my own definition, not the criteria of the actual HoF. Favre will make the HoF. But if it were up to me he wouldn't.
                              why??

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                                i know some of us are guilty of nit picking on eli for this and that , but he is darn good when he is on. its just the up and down two faced QB thing.
                                I don't even nitpick. I accept Eli for everything that he is. He is a great qb that is prone to mistakes. These blind Eli homers make me sick because they act like he can't do anything wrong. It's always everyone else's fault except for Eli's. I don't feel like he is elite and I don't care if he is. He is great for this team and as a giants fan, that's all that I care about.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X