Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Only because the combatants are amazing.
    "The Amazing Morehead State" - has a nice ring to it

    Comment


    • Originally posted by geonyg View Post
      exactly
      ....in a good way.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I'm an army of 1.
        My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
        So its about stats, and not results?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          So its about stats, and not results?
          Its about whatever I say its about Dezzy.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Bottom line is that Eli is (in my view) the sixth best QB in the NFL. I suppose an argument can be made that he's fifth best. I would disagree but even if I concede that....Is the fifth best QB in the league "elite"?
            I don't think so. But I suppose everyone has a right to their opinion.
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I'm an army of 1.
            My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
            I would say that the 6th best qb in the league, with two Super Bowl wins, two Super Bowl MVP awards, and many other accolades would be considered one of the greats of the era. The word elite really is meaningless, and my argument has never been that he is elite, I do think that he is one of the best qbs in the league, and the best qb the Giants have ever had, just my opinion.

            A qb can be elite from game to game, was Rodgers last game "elite"? How about Payton's three pick performance earlier in the year? The different things that play into each of those games and the outcomes also are rarely taken into consideration. Against the Steelers our line could do barely anything to stop the pressure from getting to Manning. You commented somewhere about the int he threw right into the arms of the linebacker in the Washington game, it is really impossible to know why he did not see the player there, throwing lanes not being open, under pressure, the play breaking down, it could be any multiple of things. Im not making an excuse for the throw or the outcome, bad decision to throw it, but I am saying that to just lay the blame on the fact that he did not see him is really not looking at the play fully. I don't really care if people think Eli is elite or not, but I do think that when he has beaten some of the best qbs in the game on the biggest stages multiple times, that a good amount of credit is due.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I'm an army of 1.
              My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
              I was watching the Giants well before Phil ever hit the scene.

              Eli is SOOOOOO much better then Phil was.

              Is Eli *the* best QB ever? No, certainly not.

              Is he "elite"? Subjective to be sure, but I believe he is.

              Does Phil have sour grapes? Maybe a bit.

              Does Phil throw up controversial talking points like this to keep his name relevant like almost any other analyst and commentator? Definitely.

              Ironically, in 20 years, you'll be talking about Eli in the same manner you're talking about Simms now, and decrying (for "realists" sake) the hot new kid on the block.

              I'm on to you!
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dline83 View Post
                I would say that the 6th best qb in the league, with two Super Bowl wins, two Super Bowl MVP awards, and many other accolades would be considered one of the greats of the era. The word elite really is meaningless, and my argument has never been that he is elite, I do think that he is one of the best qbs in the league, and the best qb the Giants have ever had, just my opinion.

                A qb can be elite from game to game, was Rodgers last game "elite"? How about Payton's three pick performance earlier in the year? The different things that play into each of those games and the outcomes also are rarely taken into consideration. Against the Steelers our line could do barely anything to stop the pressure from getting to Manning. You commented somewhere about the int he threw right into the arms of the linebacker in the Washington game, it is really impossible to know why he did not see the player there, throwing lanes not being open, under pressure, the play breaking down, it could be any multiple of things. Im not making an excuse for the throw or the outcome, bad decision to throw it, but I am saying that to just lay the blame on the fact that he did not see him is really not looking at the play fully. I don't really care if people think Eli is elite or not, but I do think that when he has beaten some of the best qbs in the game on the biggest stages multiple times, that a good amount of credit is due.
                As i said, everyone has a right to their opinion. To me "elite" is the best of the best. 6th best doesn't qualify. If it was 6th out of 100? Maybe. 6th out of 32? I don't think so.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  As i said, everyone has a right to their opinion. To me "elite" is the best of the best. 6th best doesn't qualify. If it was 6th out of 100? Maybe. 6th out of 32? I don't think so.
                  Name the 5 better than Eli.

                  *goes off to pop some popcorn*
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Name the 5 better than Eli.

                    *goes off to pop some popcorn*
                    You figure it out.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      You figure it out.
                      Thought so.

                      Chicken ****.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        Thought so.

                        Chicken ****.
                        Keep dropping that line...I aint biting.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment




                        • Just to show you what a set of balls looks like:

                          1) Tom Brady
                          2) Eli Manning
                          3) Ben Roflbergers
                          4) Peyton Manning
                          T-5) Aaron Rodgers - Drew Brees
                          Last edited by Kruunch; 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            I'd make that bow work.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              You never saw KillBill?
                              My dog is named after that character............ Gogo.
                              Woman at my office is a dead ringer for her.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                                Woman at my office is a dead ringer for her.
                                Does she carry weapons?
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X