This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It's not what I'm saying. I implore you to go back and read a few of my last posts. I mentioned a few times about the play-by-play consistency of Eli compared to the other guys. That has nothing to do with MVPs or has more TDs or yards.

And you're not really building a fine case of Peyton and Brady's WTF moments when you just say "yeah they do it too". Give me some examples of stuff they've done that are as hilariously bad as some of the stuff Eli has done. I don't think you can call bias on me when you're the one rocking an Eli avatar and always arguing the Pro Eli standpoint on the Giants forum. Let's be fair here man.
    At least im not rocking a jimmy graham avi.... Saints fan!!
    lol like that matters.

Yeah Im a fan of Eli, Im a fan of the Giants, so obviously I'm a fan of his as well. I don't go jumping into every Eli thread either, I've had many different avatars if you are trying to insinuate something. I'm not gonna pretend Im some unbiased Giants fan, because guess what? they don't exist. If hes playing like garbage, I'll say he is. like with any of our players.

I think im figuring it out now...so because he throws a left handed pick and fumbles the ball after falling on the ground, those kinds of plays are a big reason why he should be kept out of the league of the other QB's because they have never had their share of blunders or stupid mistakes? We watch the Giants, so of course we're gonna see every dumb play in gross detail.

It sounds way to like a, well I called it 'biased' 'specific' is probably a better word, set of circumstances..
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-28-2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=nygfanmaybe;595161]To take a quote from Namath...

"I can't wait for tomorrow because I get better looking every day!!"

I could be dreaming, though...because I do have the same BD as MLKing.[/QUOTE]

That makes 3 of us.
      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
        The reason I put Eli ahead of Peyton, Rodgers and Brees ...

1) Peyton - Great regular season QB ... tries to shoulder too much, especially during the post season. And Eli has more rings in a shorter time span. Peyton definitely gets the nod towards stats but loses to Eli on clutch performances.

2) Rodgers - Hasn't done enough yet to warrant being included (although he is well on his way). But if you're going to put him in the mix, Eli definitely has outdone him resume wise.

3) Brees - Eli edges Brees on clutch performances as well as rings. Brees beats Eli on stats. 2 > 1. Again, if you compare the two as of today. Also Brees has had a MUCH better cast to work with (imo).

You can't be serious.

Put those 3 on this team and we don't need 4th quarter comebacks.
        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          You can't be serious.

Honestly, most of those 4th quarter comebacks came from our defense giving up huge chunks of yards and touchdowns.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• This Thread.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post
              This Thread.

lol
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                A Superbowl is a team accomplishment and since there are a decent amount of examples in NFL history of baddies winning one or at least getting to the dance (Grossman again haha),
                This is why two SB appearances is such a big deal (especially 2 SB wins and even more especially 2 SB MVPs). It's an easy mark to differentiate the Mark Rypiens and Brad Johnsons of the world versus the Eli Mannings and Brett Favres. Not the only mark, but probably the easiest one (which is why SB rings are brought up so often).
                Last edited by Kruunch; 11-29-2012, 09:02 AM.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  You can't be serious.

So untrue.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Is Eli as good as Joe Montana? No.... but at this stage..... I would take him over Big Ben, Rivers, Schuab, Ryan, Vick, Romo, RGIII, Luck, ect. In fact, the only QBs that are playing (or have played) in the same era as Eli that I would "consider" taking over him are Peyton, Brady, Favre, and maybe Brees. Even then I would have to give some serious thought about taking Brady & Favre; Eli has beat those guys when it counted multiple times.

To sum it up, Montana is the best to play the position to date.... in my humble opinion. Guys like Marino were good quality QBs, but the fact they never won a SB lumps them into a different category of good players but for whatever reason did not produce a championship.

Just to add one last wrinke.... durability. Of the above mentioned QBs, besides Favre, who has been the most durable? (just doing my part to keep this thread going through the end of the year)

Comment

• Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
                      Is Eli as good as Joe Montana? No.... but at this stage..... I would take him over Big Ben, Rivers, Schuab, Ryan, Vick, Romo, RGIII, Luck, ect. In fact, the only QBs that are playing (or have played) in the same era as Eli that I would "consider" taking over him are Peyton, Brady, Favre, and maybe Brees. Even then I would have to give some serious thought about taking Brady & Favre; Eli has beat those guys when it counted multiple times.

To sum it up, Montana is the best to play the position to date.... in my humble opinion. Guys like Marino were good quality QBs, but the fact they never won a SB lumps them into a different category of good players but for whatever reason did not produce a championship.

Just to add one last wrinke.... durability. Of the above mentioned QBs, besides Favre, who has been the most durable? (just doing my part to keep this thread going through the end of the year)
                      No way I take Favre over Eli.

Just to add fuel to the fire

Comment

• how come Terry Bradshaw is never thrown in there with those guys.
                        with 4 rings and no losses ...and i'm not so sure his stats aren't online with Joe Cool.
                        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                          how come Terry Bradshaw is never thrown in there with those guys.
                          with 4 rings and no losses ...and i'm not so sure his stats aren't online with Joe Cool.
                          Equal TDs to Int ratio (212/210), lifetime QB rating of 70.9, lifetime completion percentage of 51%, and less than 30k yards passing.

Compare that with Joe's record of twice the TDs to Ints (273/139), QBR of 92.3, 63.2% completions, and 40k yards passing and it's not even close.

Bradshaw is widely seen as a product of his team vs. his team being a product of him.

A slippery slope to be sure considering the conversations we've been having but the stats definitely support that.
                          Last edited by Kruunch; 11-29-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                            how come Terry Bradshaw is never thrown in there with those guys.
                            Bradshaw is comedy relief..... : ) To be serious though, he was a great QB, the hardware don't lie. However, if I had to go back in time and pick any one QB to lead my team, I'm not even giving it a second thought, Montana would be my guy.

Comment

• Can't we just enjoy watching our team play without this impulsive and foolish need to try to lump our very good, but flawed QB in with all time greats?

This is ridiculous. In the list of all time great QB's, Eli isn't even in any conversation. He's not in the top 30, probably not in the top 50. He's not even in the top 5 of QB's right now.
                              You guys drive me nuts. And that's why these silly arguments go on and on. Some of you posters try to make these absolutely ridiculous arguments about Eli that are pure fantasy.

You cling to these two playoff runs which were as much about our great defense during those runs than our QB, and use it to put Eli in some lofty catagory as if all his uneven play during the other 95% of his career never happened. I am very thankful for those runs. They gave me some of my greatest thrills as a Giants fan. Please spare me the "our QB is an all time great" nonsense.
                              Just enjoy our team. This is a very good era to be a Giants fan. We have an outstanding coach and a solid QB.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Can't we just enjoy watching our team play without this impulsive and foolish need to try to lump our very good, but flawed QB in with all time greats?

This is ridiculous. In the list of all time great QB's, Eli isn't even in any conversation. He's not in the top 30, probably not in the top 50. He's not even in the top 5 of QB's right now.
                                You guys drive me nuts. And that's why these silly arguments go on and on. Some of you posters try to make these absolutely ridiculous arguments about Eli that are pure fantasy.

You cling to these two playoff runs which were as much about our great defense during those runs than our QB, and use it to put Eli in some lofty catagory as if all his uneven play during the other 95% of his career never happened. I am very thankful for those runs. They gave me some of my greatest thrills as a Giants fan. Please spare me the "our QB is an all time great" nonsense.
                                Just enjoy our team. This is a very good era to be a Giants fan. We have an outstanding coach and a solid QB.
                                Can't you just accept the fact that you're the fan of a team with an elite QB?

Have another sip of the Kool-Aid ... you know you want to!

P.S. - Eli is DEFINITELY in the top 20 of all time QBs ... possibly top 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X