This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    "Thus" .... now there's a word that does not get used very much : )
    There may not be 10 that are, in general, "better than Eli".
    But there are more than 10 that are having better years than Eli.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• This whole thread reminds me of the movie "Coming To America"..... where the old men sat around in the barber shop debating famous sports figures... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        oh come on.....if this isnt a soap opera of QB discussion then I dont what it is.....
        You guys are knowledgable and all but its funny to see how the back and forth goes to try to convince one another on who is right or who's points are more valid. Not only now but 20 years from now or for that matter 30 years ago...
        Sorry...that was mean of me. I want you to be happy.
        So let me just say.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Santa is Elite for sure.....
          My kids sure think so ; )

Comment

This whole thread reminds me of the movie "Coming To America"..... where the old men sat around in the barber shop debating famous sports figures... lol
            Jou Loius was the best fighter in the world.
            Ehhh....you dont know from nothin. Rocky Marciano was the best.
            Rocky Marciano?..Rocky Marciano?....Haa...
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

This whole thread reminds me of the movie "Coming To America"..... where the old men sat around in the barber shop debating famous sports figures... lol
              Good analogy.

Only in this debate, someone is saying that Jerry Quarry is in the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Sorry...that was mean of me. I want you to be happy.
                So let me just say.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                see know was that so hard to do...
                thanks....
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

see know was that so hard to do...
                  thanks....
                  Not at all because I love my fellow man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                    4 active: brees Rodgers Peyton BradyThen there's Montana elway Marino unitas Starr staubach. pretty easy.
                    Rodgers is not better than Eli. Neither is Staubach.

Just for the uninformed:

Staubach: 22k passing yards, 153/109 TD/Int, 57% completion, 83.4 QBR, 1 SB MVP, 4 SB appearances, 2 SB Rings (on a HoF team I might add)

Eli: 30k passing yards, 200/140 TD/Int, 58.6% completion, 83.3 QBR, 2 SB MVP, 2 SB appearances, 2 SB rings

And even at conservative estimates, Eli will end his career with 50k passing, 300+ TDs and 60%+ completion percentage.

Nuff said.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• did anyone see skip and rob parker debate when simms said this? i didnt know but apparently skip and phil are good friends. skips a big fan of simms on and off the field. i was shocked when skip and rob parker of all people maintained of course eli is elite. a few bad games dont erase all that hes done and what his true level of play is. skip said that knowing simms as well as he does, that simms made this comment bc his ego was hurt knowing eli was about to pass him on the td list and that he is a better qb than simms. he said simms is ultra competitive and that it stings him a little knowing theres a better qb in giants history than him, and thats where his comment was coming from.
                      i couldnt believe it, the king of knee jerk responses was giving us insight into simms comment. especially couldnt believe that rob parker and skip were so adamant in declarng eli elite when they were some of his harshest critics. i suggest youtubing the clip, very interesting and accurate

Comment

Good analogy.

Only in this debate, someone is saying that Jerry Quarry is in the discussion.
                        Yeah but we love you anyways MS
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post

Just for the uninformed:

Staubach: 22k passing yards, 153/109 TD/Int, 57% completion, 83.4 QBR, 1 SB MVP, 4 SB appearances, 2 SB Rings (on a HoF team I might add)

Eli: 30k passing yards, 200/140 TD/Int, 58.6% completion, 83.3 QBR, 2 SB MVP, 2 SB appearances, 2 SB rings

And even at conservative estimates, Eli will end his career with 50k passing, 300+ TDs and 60%+ completion percentage.

Nuff said.
                          i agree. eli is gonna go down as the greatest giants qb of all time and one of the all time greats. i love how so many of the sports writers who vote on the HoF have come out and said eli and tc are definite hall of famers...we are so lucky our franchise had simms, even luckier to get eli...can u imagine the level of play from the qb who might one day overtake eli the way eli overtook simms?

Comment

Not at all because I love my fellow man.
                            In all seriousness....

I love Eli. I hate his boneheadedness....especially when it extends over periods of time.
                            If Eli's career goes similar to what he is currently doing even with another SB win I dont think as a pure passer and overall QB talent that he will ever be a top 5 in the history of the game. Top 10 most likely.
                            But he will be the best Giants QB for sure. Thats not slighting Simms, Connerly, YA, at all. It just is what it is. The other guys may have been more athletically talented but Eli is a different type of QB he gets it done and the rings are there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post

Just for the uninformed:

Nuff said.
                              The foolishness of this post is so obvious that I won't bother dealing with the speciousness of each point.

But I will say this. Staubach spent his first four years after college in the military. So in the same period guys like Eli were accumulating stats, he was serving our country.

So you're saying you hate America now?????

Comment

Santa is Elite for sure.....
                                Careful ... MS will go all Easter Bunny on yo ***!

Comment

Working...
                                X