Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Bradshaw is comedy relief..... : ) To be serious though, he was a great QB, the hardware don't lie. However, if I had to go back in time and pick any one QB to lead my team, I'm not even giving it a second thought, Montana would be my guy.
    Bart Starr haas to be thrown in this disscussion. The man was a great leader, tough and very clutch.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      The foolishness of this post is so obvious that I won't bother dealing with the speciousness of each point.

      But I will say this. Staubach spent his first four years after college in the military. So in the same period guys like Eli were accumulating stats, he was serving our country.

      So you're saying you hate America now?????
      Fine ... add 4 years of Staubach's best statistical year to his stats. Then add 4 of Eli's worst statistical year to his (we can agree that Eli will play 4 more years?) ... it's not even close.

      And Staubach played on a better team.

      Stop the self loathing and say it with me ... ELI PUT THE E-L-I IN ELITE!
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
        Bart Starr haas to be thrown in this disscussion. The man was a great leader, tough and very clutch.
        I put Bart Starr as one of the Top 10 of all time.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

        Comment


        • The two best QB's in NFL history are playing right now. One in Foxborough, and the other in Denver.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            KOOL-AID? Your putting Eli on a level with guys like Unitas, Montana and Marino and I'M drinking the Kool-Aid?

            The guy is a very good QB. I like the fact that my team has a very good QB. But this nonsense about "all time greatness" is so twisted its not even worthy of discussion.
            But here we are. Discussing it as if its not based on complete delusion. No one (outside a few nutty Eli cultists) think Eli has anything close to the standing some of you guys are giving him.
            Just for arguments sake, here are the stat lines for the first 8 seasons of Eli vs. Montanna. Keep in mind Eli stated 8 games his rookie year to Montana's 1.

            Eli Manning during his first 8 seasons:

            185 TD, 129 INT, 57.6 completion percentage, 27,577 yards, playng in 121 games during that time period with 69 wins and 51 losses, 3 division titles, 2 Super Bowl wins

            Montana during his first 8 seasons:

            141 TD, 76 INT, 62.4 completion percentage, 17,184 yards, playing in 87 games during that time period with 57 wins and 30 losses, 4 division titles, 2 Super Bowl wins

            I dont really see why you say that taking about all time greatness is twisted, these are your own words:

            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I'm an army of 1.
            My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
            I am not arguing that he is one of the great qb of all time, we would have to wait for his career to be over to fairly judge that, but I do firmly believe he is one of the greats of his time, which you stated you do not.
            Last edited by Dline83; 11-29-2012, 11:01 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              In all seriousness....

              I love Eli. I hate his boneheadedness....especially when it extends over periods of time.
              If Eli's career goes similar to what he is currently doing even with another SB win I dont think as a pure passer and overall QB talent that he will ever be a top 5 in the history of the game. Top 10 most likely.
              But he will be the best Giants QB for sure. Thats not slighting Simms, Connerly, YA, at all. It just is what it is. The other guys may have been more athletically talented but Eli is a different type of QB he gets it done and the rings are there.
              That's about the best summation I've heard of for Eli.

              Well done sir.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                Fine ... add 4 years of Staubach's best statistical year to his stats. Then add 4 of Eli's worst statistical year to his (we can agree that Eli will play 4 more years?) ... it's not even close.

                And Staubach played on a better team.

                Stop the self loathing and say it with me ... ELI PUT THE E-L-I IN ELITE!
                My self loathing is not relevant to this discussion.

                Comparing stats from different eras is the act of a desperate, pathetic mind.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  The two best QB's in NFL history are playing right now. One in Foxborough, and the other in Denver.
                  And yet our guy has beaten one head to head on the biggest stage ... TWICE! ... and has more rings than the other.

                  I win!
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    I put Bart Starr as one of the Top 10 of all time.
                    People forget about Starr.

                    The funny thing about Favre is that he will probably end up being the 3rd best QB in Packers history.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      My self loathing is not relevant to this discussion.

                      Comparing stats from different eras is the act of a desperate, pathetic mind.
                      So is comparing QBs of different eras but you invited it in.

                      Not my fault it bit you on the neck.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        And yet our guy has beaten one head to head on the biggest stage ... TWICE! ... and has more rings than the other.

                        I win Oh Wait...Eli didn't play against Tom Brady on the field. Brady had to face the Giants D line. And Eli put up fewer points in 2 SB's than Phil did in 1.

                        I lose !
                        I feel your pain.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dline83 View Post
                          I dont really see why you day that taking about all time greatness is twisted, these are your own words:


                          Originally posted by Morehead State
                          I'm an army of 1.
                          My mission......To keep the glorious memory of Phil Simms fresh in the minds of my fellow MB posters....and to make sure that we all be realistic about Eli.......... That he's a fine player but not one of the greats of this era.
                          I am not arguing that he is one of the great qb of all time, we would have to wait for his career to be over to fairly judge that, but I do firmly believe he is one of the greats of his time, which you stated you do not.
                          Shhhhh ... it's never wise to raise the veil of reality on the mad man.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            Shhhhh ... it's never wise to raise the veil of reality on the mad man.
                            I never said I was sane.
                            But my arguments are.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              I entirely agree with you and feel ashamed at my appalling lack of faith in my own QB ... I will now go flog myself repeatedly.
                              /comfort
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                                Rodgers is not better than Eli. Neither is Staubach.Just for the uninformed:Staubach: 22k passing yards, 153/109 TD/Int, 57% completion, 83.4 QBR, 1 SB MVP, 4 SB appearances, 2 SB Rings (on a HoF team I might add)Eli: 30k passing yards, 200/140 TD/Int, 58.6% completion, 83.3 QBR, 2 SB MVP, 2 SB appearances, 2 SB ringsAnd even at conservative estimates, Eli will end his career with 50k passing, 300+ TDs and 60%+ completion percentage.Nuff said.
                                Ok. Matt Ryan, Joe flacco, cam Newton, Andrew luck, rg3 are all on pace for better numbers than Eli. Oh and aaron Rodgers is leaps and bounds ahead of Eli

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X