X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes but I'm right.
    Crazy...but right. No...wait...I'm right and I can prove it!!!

Comment

Yes but I'm right.
      Then prove it! You never even made a comment about the comparison between Montana and Eli's first eight years, you discredit stats that do not prove your point, I mean the discussion started out as Simms vs Manning and then spiraled into all of this. The truth is that statistically Manning is on track to have an amazing and historic career, will reset ever passing record for the Giants, owns multiple NFL records, owns the best performance by a qb in the postseason (most passing yards in the playoffs), two Super Bowls, and two Super Bowl MVP, just how is that not good for one of the greatest of his time, not all time, but this current period of time in the NFL?

Comment

• did anyone see skip and rob parker debate when simms said this? i didnt know but apparently skip and phil are good friends. skips a big fan of simms on and off the field. i was shocked when skip and rob parker of all people maintained of course eli is elite. a few bad games dont erase all that hes done and what his true level of play is. skip said that knowing simms as well as he does, that simms made this comment bc his ego was hurt knowing eli was about to pass him on the td list and that he is a better qb than simms. he said simms is ultra competitive and that it stings him a little knowing theres a better qb in giants history than him, and thats where his comment was coming from.
        i couldnt believe it, the king of knee jerk responses was giving us insight into simms comment. especially couldnt believe that rob parker and skip were so adamant in declarng eli elite when they were some of his harshest critics. i suggest youtubing the clip, very interesting and accurate

Comment

• This could hit 200 pages!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• I think that Brady and Peyton, by any measure, are the two best QB's in the league at the moment, and it doesn't bother me one whit for others to have other opinions. After those two, I think there are a few others who are more accurate passers than Eli, but nothing shows me that any others are demonstrably better all-around quarterbacks than Eli. Maybe if I were into fantasy football I'd be more swayed by this year's downturn in some of Eli's stats - but in viewing the total package of what a QB brings to the team, I think Phil was caught off base on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dline83 View Post
              Then prove it! You never even made a comment about the comparison between Montana and Eli's first eight years, you discredit stats that do not prove your point, I mean the discussion started out as Simms vs Manning and then spiraled into all of this. The truth is that statistically Manning is on track to have an amazing and historic career, will reset ever passing record for the Giants, owns multiple NFL records, owns the best performance by a qb in the postseason (most passing yards in the playoffs), two Super Bowls, and two Super Bowl MVP, just how is that not good for one of the greatest of his time, not all time, but this current period of time in the NFL?
              Some people don't like to be weighed down with facts.

It's the new diet plan
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Its these kinds of posts that give you Eli Cultists a bad name.

It's not a crime to delude yourself into believing that Eli Manning is some kind of all time great player. But when you say its silly to say that Roger Staubach (a top 5 all time QB) is better than Eli.....we have crossed the line into lunacy.
                Closet Cowboys fan
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  Closet Cowboys fan
                  All we Giants fans could do in the 70's was watch other QB's for other teams, and see who kills us the most. Staubach murdered us. On the rare occasion of our getting ahead he would easily bring his team back and beat us.
                  I don't think I ever saw a better 2 minute QB.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

All we Giants fans could do in the 70's was watch other QB's for other teams, and see who kills us the most. Staubach murdered us. On the rare occasion of our getting ahead he would easily bring his team back and beat us.
                    I don't think I ever saw a better 2 minute QB.
                    Yeah I remember those days well.

And Eli is a better 2 minute QB then Staubach.

Staubach: 23 Game Winning drives, 15 4th Quarter Winning Drives
                    Eli: 25 Game Winning drives, 21 4th quarter winning drives.

Get with the program

Comment

• Roger Staubach wears Eli Manning pajamas...

Comment

Get with the program
                        yeah but thats when QBs got hit all the time and offenses werent passing type offenses so if Staubach was around today he would be way better then Eli....
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Get with the program
                          out of how many opportunities? Dallas was rarely behind.
                          You must have never seen him play. And how many were in the last 2 minutes? Go look that up because that's all you have.

"Stats" seem to be your only argument for anything.
                          Last edited by Morehead State; 11-29-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

out of how many opportunities? Dallas was rarely behind.
                            You must have never seen him play. And how many were in the last 2 minutes? Go look that up because that's all you have.

"Stats" seem to be your only argument for anything.
                            I saw Staubach plenty ... you ain't the only person born before 1960 on these boards

And yes ... god forbid we use actuality versus faulty rose colored romanticism ... what on earth was I thinking?!

Comment

I saw Staubach plenty ... you ain't the only person born before 1960 on these boards

And yes ... god forbid we use actuality versus faulty rose colored romanticism ... what on earth was I thinking?!
                              Well then what the hell are you talking about? You have to know how great he was. Because I've never met anyone who watched Roger Staubach play that didn't think he was an all time great.

Comment

Exactly Kruunch. It is hillarious how folks bring up stats to bash Eli Manning and then dismiss stats when it supports him.

There is no way that Roger Staubach was better than Eli Manning. Heck, Jim Kelly was a better QB than Roger Staubach.

Comment

Working...
                                X