This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    "eli isnt a great passer"...i dont even know how to begin with that one...
    Before you do, let me tell you something Eli was saying about his big brother. Someone had asked Eli how Peyton was doing and Eli respond that he "continues to make progress" and that you can see by his throws (that he's throwing tighter spirals - his words) as the season has progressed.

Now let's be honest, Eli has thrown and continues to throw a lot of wobbly ducks. No doubt he has improved, especially with his accuracy, but he just doesn't throw a great pass. And of course we all know that has stopped him from being a two-time SB MVP. So don't get your panties in a bunch over it. Everything is relative. It's just football talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      All QBs wether great, elite, thebest of the best, or whatever have quirks so to speak. Eli's happens to be boneheaded playes here and there and some inconsistency. Ok....so what. Look at that the overall picture thus far and the results....not too bad right?....
      Not bad at all. Now this might be dumb on my part, but I would not trade Eli straight up for any quarterback in the league right now.

Other guys might be a little better, but I'm perfectly happy with Eli.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
        Ever since last season I haven't said Phil was the best. But what I've always said and still believe is that Phil threw the ball much better than Eli does. Eli's accuracy has definitely improved but after this latest slump he's shown that he still hasn't out grown his bad habits. Who knows, maybe he never will.
        Phil threw a nice ball the spiral wise then Eli for sure. I guess he was more accurate but I cant really say that for sure. I have seen Eli hit many a tight window. As you said....Eli isnt out growing anything.....IMO its the way he is....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Not bad at all. Now this might be dumb on my part, but I would not trade Eli straight up for any quarterback in the league right now.

agreed....he works in this system.....
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

That pretty much sums up my feelings on Eli and why I consider him elite.

I would have traded Simms for Montana in a heartbeat.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              Ohhh gotta disagree there big guy.

As for Simms comments, I believe they were more attention driven then anything. Simms is an analyst/commentator and he needs talking point material as much as anyone. But yeah I think part of it was maliciously driven. Phil has never struck me as the overly evolved type.

lol. You might be right, but I've always seen him as the kinda of guy who talks players up. I guy who if he doesn't have something nice to say he doesn't say anything.

I think he was being honest and I didn't take it as a slight against Eli. But what I do think is if you are a HOF'er then you are among the best. And Phil said he thinks Eli is a HOF'er, so I'd say he might be talking out both sides of his mouth.

Comment

Not after Marshall hit him though. He was then damaged goods....lol

Comment

Not after Marshall hit him though. He was then damaged goods....lol
                  Ok you got me there
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Ah, but would Joe have thrived here in the Meadowlands as he did with Joe Walsh? I don't think so.

Comment

• Eli's definitely underwhelming when it comes to the short passing game but I don't think he gets enough consideration for his deep ball accuracy, especially when he puts it in places that defenders can do nothing about. Even down the slump stretch this year, he had a pass or two that was excellent but dropped by the receiver (looking at you Cruz).

I still think Cutler has the best arm in the league when you consider his release time and how fast that sucker travels to the receiver on his deep game. It's ashame that he has anger issues and suffers from inconsistency because he has the tools to be a top QB.

Comment

Phil threw a nice ball the spiral wise then Eli for sure. I guess he was more accurate but I cant really say that for sure. I have seen Eli hit many a tight window. As you said....Eli isnt out growing anything.....IMO its the way he is....
                        I thought last year was a precursor of what was to come. Perhaps I misjudged him.

Comment

lol. You might be right, but I've always seen him as the kinda of guy who talks players up. I guy who if he doesn't have something nice to say he doesn't say anything.

I think he was being honest and I didn't take it as a slight against Eli. But what I do think is if you are a HOF'er then you are among the best. And Phil said he thinks Eli is a HOF'er, so I'd say he might be talking out both sides of his mouth.
                          Oh yeah I don't disagree there ... Simms has been very flattering of Eli in the past (much more so then some other ex-Giants).

Simms, while very conscious of not saying stuff in front of the media as a player, was hell on wheels when the reporters weren't in front of him. LOTS of field recorded stuff that would make a trucker blush. He was never shy about his opinions in pseudo-private.

Comment

Ah, but would Joe have thrived here in the Meadowlands as he did with Joe Walsh? I don't think so.
                            I think so ... Ed DeBartolo Jr. was the driving force on that team, not Bill Walsh (from an emotional standpoint) and he and Parcells were very similar in their interactions with the players.

There's a great episode of The Football Life on Eddie D. on the NFL Network currently btw.

Comment

I thought last year was a precursor of what was to come. Perhaps I misjudged him.
                              I think last year was the best statistical year we can expect from Eli.

Comment

I think last year was the best statistical year we can expect from Eli.
                                He wont put those yards up again but I think he can put up +30 TDs again
                                Last edited by dezzzR; 11-30-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X