Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phil Simms: "No, Eli Is Not One Of The Elites....."

    "No, he is not one of the elites," Simms said in quotes distributed by CBS. "Because when I hear the word elite, I'm thinking about guys that can make unbelievable plays on the field by themselves. There are very few quarterbacks in that category.

    "So yes, Eli has been a tremendous team player. He has been MVP of the Super Bowl twice. I know that. But the way I look at it, the answer is no."

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2C8Eaubto

    Here we go again.....

  • #2
    Phil Simms was a great Giants quarterback but why, why say this??? I know he gets paid for his opinion but does this mean Romo is an elite qb cause he makes unbelievable plays?? Eli has made unbelievable plays too. 2 That come to mind is sb 42 and sb 46. Man what does this guy have to do to get some respect??
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

    Comment


    • #3
      Ah Simms himself is/was not elite either.......saw his career stats, nothing special.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, if anyone was wondering what we'd talk about for two weeks.......
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Well, if anyone was wondering what we'd talk about for two weeks.......
          lol

          and so it begins!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Well, if anyone was wondering what we'd talk about for two weeks.......
            Two great minds think alike. LOL

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
              "No, he is not one of the elites," Simms said in quotes distributed by CBS. "Because when I hear the word elite, I'm thinking about guys that can make unbelievable plays on the field by themselves. There are very few quarterbacks in that category.

              "So yes, Eli has been a tremendous team player. He has been MVP of the Super Bowl twice. I know that. But the way I look at it, the answer is no."

              Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2C8Eaubto

              Here we go again.....
              Honestly, he is right. He has been a mess for the last 4 games. Out of the elite QB's in the NFL, how many of those guys have had 4 game slumps like this? I like Elli as our QB, but I have to agree with Simms on this one.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Simms can kiss my ***!
                Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

                Comment


                • #9
                  oh boy here comes the Simms hate now. lets go look at simms home record for nov/dec its pretty darn good . and not in an era where you cant sneeze on a qb like today,

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This thread will have 10 pages minimum close of business today.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                      "No, he is not one of the elites," Simms said in quotes distributed by CBS. "Because when I hear the word elite, I'm thinking about guys that can make unbelievable plays on the field by themselves. There are very few quarterbacks in that category.

                      "So yes, Eli has been a tremendous team player. He has been MVP of the Super Bowl twice. I know that. But the way I look at it, the answer is no."

                      Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2C8Eaubto

                      Here we go again.....
                      NO, here YOU go again....thanks for nothing, sir!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Rodgers had a bad stretch of games too in the very beginning of the season and no one was saying he wasn't elite. Eli will turn this around.
                        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          20 page thread in 3 days, book it.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            oh boy here comes the Simms hate now. lets go look at simms home record for nov/dec its pretty darn good . and not in an era where you cant sneeze on a qb like today,
                            Simms was a good manager! Never made the plays that Eli has made!
                            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              Rodgers had a bad strech of games too in the very beginning of the season and no one was saying he wasn't elite. Eli will turn this around.
                              maybe TC got simms to call eli out, seems to work when eli is called out he rises to the challenge

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X