Antrel Rolle Says Players Are To Blame, Not Coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    of course, EVERYONE will ignore an actual player saying "its on us", and continue to talk about the bad playcalling, lack of david wilson, insistance of keeping dehiel in.

blah, blah, blah, blah.
    That could be because an actual coach (Gilbride) said it is everything, including play calling.It's a stand up thing for Rolle to "defend" the coaches, but the coaches are just as important in the success and failure of the team.

Arguing that it is all on the players, and that the coaches share no blame in failure, is essentially saying that the coaches are unimportant and share no glory in success either. I don't buy that....
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

of course, EVERYONE will ignore an actual player saying "its on us", and continue to talk about the bad playcalling, lack of david wilson, insistance of keeping dehiel in.

blah, blah, blah, blah.
      It's just the nature of this place.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
        That could be because an actual coach (Gilbride) said it is everything, including play calling.It's a stand up thing for Rolle to "defend" the coaches, but the coaches are just as important in the success and failure of the team.

Arguing that it is all on the players, and that the coaches share no blame in failure, is essentially saying that the coaches are unimportant and share no glory in success either. I don't buy that....
        its not all on the players.

and its not all on the coaches.

but 90% of the threads and posts in this place put it on the coaches which is stupid and wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

its not all on the players.

and its not all on the coaches.

but 90% of the threads and posts in this place put it on the coaches which is stupid and wrong.
          Agreed, however it seems like 90% of those threads are created by the same 5-7 MB users or so

Comment

why, oh why to the keep going back to undisciplined football??
            They obvioulsy dont trust certain aspects of the D or its personell or the scheme.
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

blah, blah, blah, blah.

Ehh, Ill give you some of those. But not DD.

I think a majority of posters here are not excusing DD for his poor play and would like the coaches to do the same. That is all.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                I dont have all 22, but i remember a play where Nicks caught a deep slant across the middle while cruz ran a wheel route from the inside. The safety was eyeing in on where eli was looking and i couldnt help but feel if eli would have pump faked to nicks, he could have hit cruz deep down the side lines. Did you notice something like this while re watching the game?
                no pump fakes or look offs whatsoever

just play action, a roll out , and a launch

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  You know, sometimes I'm tired of hearing him talk, but its times like this that I like his style. This was a good read and good job by Rolle.
                  He has been doing this since he got here. The Redskins thing last season, and the AJ Green trash were the only things that I didn't like him talking about, but he is own man and I just have to deal with it.
                  Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
                    He has been doing this since he got here. The Redskins thing last season, and the AJ Green trash were the only things that I didn't like him talking about, but he is own man and I just have to deal with it.
                    At least he has a little bit of a fire under his *** I suppose.. lol

Comment

I agree with Rolle. I think some guys are dogging it.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                        I agree with Rolle. I think some guys are dogging it.
                        So do I, and it seems to be the guys that are getting paid! Canty, Tuck, Osi, Webster, Diehl, Snee.. blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                          So do I, and it seems to be the guys that are getting paid! Canty, Tuck, Osi, Webster, Diehl, Snee.. blah blah blah
                          as much as I hate saying it

after watching the all 22.....it would be difficult not to notice Tuck picking and choosing when to rush hard and when to just hold up the blocker and hug on passing downs

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

after watching the all 22.....it would be difficult not to notice Tuck picking and choosing when to rush hard and when to just hold up the blocker and hug on passing downs
                            It's quite sad actually.. if they weren't "stars" they would of been benched already. I can't comprehend why guys that we are paying millions to are just putting out a half assed effort.. I think this team has more than bad playcalling issues, it's more like some of the players dont give a **** issue..

Comment

I think Tuck is done after this season.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

honestly .....after watching the all 22 ....I put that more on Webster than anyone

Brown in clearly in his line of sight and not dropping into coverage

ok ....Brown bit on the play action ...but it is Coreys job to recognize that and run with their most dynamic player

everyone can say it is on Brown all they want.....I put it on Webster just as much
                                I tend to agree because Corey knew (or should have) that Brown was out of position.

The thing is though it seems like we keep having communication issues with our secondary. More so than are opponents.

Comment

Working...
                                X