Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boomer says Cowboys win the division, and doubts Giants even make the playoffs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Hard to blame him after the Giants' recent exhibition on how not to play football.
    Precisely. Right now, today, it doesn't look good at all, so Boomer's comments were not off the mark at all. The Giants are playing badly in ALL areas, and I haven't seen a single glimmer of hope in the last 4 weeks to convince me that they can definitely turn it around. It's possible, of course, but some serious changes will have to be made in a few positions.
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
      Why do you guys view this as such a ridiculous statement? We are 6-4 and the rest of our schedule is the Packers, Redskins, Saints (who are as good as anyone in the NFL right now), Falcons, Ravens, and finally Eagles. The two "bad" teams on the schedule are a team that already beat us once, and another that almost beat us and is always a tough matchup.

The Cowboys mean while have the Browns and Bengals while we have the Packers and Falcons.

So again, why do you guys think that it's such a lock we make the playoffs?

Edit:The only thing we really have going for us right now is that 8-8 might be enough to win the division this year. and the Cowboys probably don't have enough time to catch up
      In responses to not enough time to catch up... The Cowboys aren't as far back as it may seem. The Giants, of course, have played one more game than the boys, and after this week a win against the Browns would put us at 5-5, with the Giants only being one game better at 6-4.

Do I think we'll win the division? It's possible. But I don't see anything from the Cowboys to suggest that we'll get our act together and finish games.

Comment

Great last time he said we had no chacne we went on a tear!
        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Cowboys play two games before the Giants play Greenbay. If they're 6-5, and Giants lose to join Dallas on 6-5, I think they take the division. They're a good team and they'll have an easier run in and all the momentum.
          sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
            Do I think we'll win the division? It's possible. But I don't see anything from the Cowboys to suggest that we'll get our act together and finish games.
            I think it all ends up being on how Romo and his receiving crew communicate from here on out. As long as they play consistent and mistake free football, the Cowboys defense should be good enough to carry them far into the playoffs. Out of the 4 units (Cowboys and Giants), the Cowboys D has been the most impressive and consistent squad.

Comment

The bye came at a good time.

Comment

poor boomer,,,you never even won a super bowl neverming being a suoper bowl mvp and you want to bang on eazy? give me a break mr. sour grapes.

Comment

If we don't fix this mess Dallas will come from behind and win the division, they have a better defense, better running game, and if Romo isn't turning the ball over can actually sustain drives and score TDs, something w'ere still struggling to do.

Comment

He's probably right.
                    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                      can anyone seriously blame him?

Based on the schedule? Absolutely not.

Comment

At this point nobody is an idiot for saying anything negative about this team.

Let me say this again.....

Over the last 3 weeks we are the worst defense in the league and 1 of the 3 worst offenses in the league. If we continue to play this way, we are not only not going to make the playoffs, we may not win another game.

Do I think that will happen? No. I have faith in our coaching to figure it out. But, I am also not going to pretend this team is better than it has been over the last few weeks.
                        sigpic

Comment

The thing that bothers me the most is that almost the entire team is playing bad. Last year they where waiting in the defense to get healthy and get better while the offense was clicking all year. This year they can't count on either side of the ball. Why all of a sudden is the entire team going to play better? There is probably 5-6 guys you can actually say are playing good football right now. That's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Nothing is ever a "lock." I think we'll beat Green Bay, Washington, New Orleans and Philadelphia
                            +2

Comment

Everyone stop moaning. Boomer's 100% right. If we continue to play like this, we're giftwrapping the division right to Tony Romo's doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by Overdrive92 View Post
                                Everyone stop moaning. Boomer's 100% right. If we continue to play like this, we're giftwrapping the division right to Tony Romo's doorstep.
                                Only for Romo to be one and done in the playoffs again.
                                Gotta be in it to win it

Comment

Working...
                                X