Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Our mix is actually very good. 252 running plays and 280 passing plays.

    And your point about play action makes no sense. You claim that we run too much and then you complain that we have no play action because we don't establish the run.

    I'm sorry..your post is nonsense. the kid is simply playing lousy right now. We all hope he breaks out of it. (Soon would be nice). But his bad play is no one's fault but his own. This "blame everyone but Eli" rap is nonsense but unfortunately, predictable.
    No your statement is nonsense and false. My point about the play action is that with a run game averaging negative or 0-3 yards, there is no threat and thus the play action is laughable. Just like when we called play action in the red zone last game when the run was shut down all game long. What a great call that was...
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
      meh, only a few games. He was on fire earlier in the year. Let the WR's get healthy (or Eli get healthy. some say he tweaked his arm) and get their assignments and routes right. Catching balls might help if you are wondering why Eli hasn't had a TD in a month. Get the O-line cohesive again. Brown comes in to hopefully spark the running game. Every top QB has gone through a weird slump this year. Seems it's Eli's turn now. Of course that crap doesn't fly in this city.
      Slumps don't make you do dumb things on the field.
      Eli needs confidence to play well. When he doesn't have it, he starts panicking in the pocket like the old Eli and making rookie mistakes. That's not a slump. His on field mental game is for **** right now.
      And its been 5 games now. He actually played poorly in SF but everyone else played well. (There goes your "its everybody else's fault" theory. Lets not forget the pass he threw into a defenders hands in SF at the goal line which should have been returned 100 yards. He's not seeing the field, he has poor pocket presence right now.
      I'm sorry...right now he's "skittish"
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        No your statement is nonsense and false. My point about the play action is that with a run game averaging negative or 0-3 yards, there is no threat and thus the play action is laughable. Just like when we called play action in the red zone last game when the run was shut down all game long. What a great call that was...
        So play action works when you don't run the ball?
        That sounds nuts to me.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Slumps don't make you do dumb things on the field.
          Eli needs confidence to play well. When he doesn't have it, he starts panicking in the pocket like the old Eli and making rookie mistakes. That's not a slump. His on field mental game is for **** right now.
          And its been 5 games now. He actually played poorly in SF but everyone else played well. (There goes your "its everybody else's fault" theory. Lets not forget the pass he threw into a defenders hands in SF at the goal line which should have been returned 100 yards. He's not seeing the field, he has poor pocket presence right now.
          I'm sorry...right now he's "skittish"
          Your posts are "skittish"

          His pocket presence is fine, Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday. He had a guy grabbing his jersey when he threw second INT for crying out loud. He tried to make a play and it was a poor decision he should have taken the sack.

          When you can't do jack **** on offense you have the mindset that you have to make something happen. Unfortunately for us that something was a bad decision.
          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            So play action works when you don't run the ball?
            That sounds nuts to me.
            My point is play action is not working PERIOD. UNTIL we start running the ball at an efficient level we should not be calling play action very much if at all.... no one is fooled.
            "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
              Your posts are "skittish"

              His pocket presence is fine, Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday. He had a guy grabbing his jersey when he threw second INT for crying out loud. He tried to make a play and it was a poor decision he should have taken the sack.

              When you can't do jack **** on offense you have the mindset that you have to make something happen. Unfortunately for us that something was a bad decision.
              OK the premise of this thread is way off base.
              Very few QB's have as much control over their offense as Eli. Peyton and Brees do but few others. He has the power at the LOS to read the defense, adjust coverage, adjust routes, change the play. Not just the power but he has the responsibility to do so. He essentially runs this offense. To blame "play calling" is nonsense. Eli is not some rookie that runs the play thats called on the sidelines.
              This is not only not a QB unfriendly offense, its an offense that any veteran QB would kill to play in.

              This whole "blame everyone else" position is an insult to Eli himself, as if he has no control over the offensive strategy.
              The kid threw for 4900 yards last year in this offense. We threw it all over the place. And we're still throwing it much more than we run it still.
              Just stop with this.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                Your posts are "skittish"

                His pocket presence is fine, Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday. He had a guy grabbing his jersey when he threw second INT for crying out loud. He tried to make a play and it was a poor decision he should have taken the sack.

                When you can't do jack **** on offense you have the mindset that you have to make something happen. Unfortunately for us that something was a bad decision.
                All i see is excuses. Everyone is playing bad right now and that includes Eli. Even the coaches need to do a better job. For every interception eli throws that resulted from him getting pressured, there are probably 2 to 3 interceptions that eli should have thrown that were dropped by the defender. Not to mention he held on to the ball too long which resulted in his first interception in the game last week.
                Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-14-2012, 09:50 PM.
                Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                ~Big Mike~

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                  Your posts are "skittish"

                  His pocket presence is fine, Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday. He had a guy grabbing his jersey when he threw second INT for crying out loud. He tried to make a play and it was a poor decision he should have taken the sack.

                  When you can't do jack **** on offense you have the mindset that you have to make something happen. Unfortunately for us that something was a bad decision.
                  If our offense is playing lousy, I expect our QB to overcome it and make plays if he's truly great. Your excuse making offers proof that he needs great players around him to succeed. Its easy to play QB when you have plenty of time to throw, a good running game, and your receivers are wide open. Evidentally, you seem to be making the case that Eli can't play well unless these things are true.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                    lmao i almost smacked my laptop
                    Gotta be in it to win it

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Slumps don't make you do dumb things on the field.
                      Eli needs confidence to play well. When he doesn't have it, he starts panicking in the pocket like the old Eli and making rookie mistakes. That's not a slump. His on field mental game is for **** right now.
                      And its been 5 games now. He actually played poorly in SF but everyone else played well. (There goes your "its everybody else's fault" theory. Lets not forget the pass he threw into a defenders hands in SF at the goal line which should have been returned 100 yards. He's not seeing the field, he has poor pocket presence right now.
                      I'm sorry...right now he's "skittish"
                      Calm down a sec. I never said it wasn't his fault. He has not played well. And he is in a slump right now coupled with the rest of our offense. You sure make it seem like its all Eli Manning's fault. It's not like he has played like crap all year. He and the offense played very well the beginning of the season. So if Eli stops being "skittish" or stops showing "bad awareness" and our other problems aren't fixed, guarantee we still won't move the ball or score in the redzone.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                        For every interception eli throws that resulted from him getting pressured, there are probably 2 to 3 interceptions that eli should have thrown that were dropped.
                        Same can be said for touchdowns, champ.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                          Calm down a sec. I never said it wasn't his fault. He has not played well. And he is in a slump right now coupled with the rest of our offense. You sure make it seem like its all Eli Manning's fault. It's not like he has played like crap all year. He and the offense played very well the beginning of the season. So if Eli stops being "skittish" or stops showing "bad awareness" and our other problems aren't fixed, guarantee we still won't move the ball or score in the redzone.
                          The only thing I'm blaming Eli for is his own poor play. I'm not, nor have I, blamed any one player or coach for our team's poor play. Plenty of blame to go around.
                          But the OP is essentially excusing Eli's bad play by blaming the rest of the team and the offensive scheme. That notion I reject without hesitation. He has played badly for 5 weeks. The team played great at SF but Eli didn't. Can't blame the rest of the team that day.
                          I said after the Dallas game that we weren't going to get away with that kind of poor play anymore. Dallas and Washington handed us the game with 10 total turnovers. well starting with the Pittsburgh game, we weren't getting away with it. We have 6 games left and we better pick it up or we may not win another game. Not playing like this. And the QB is one of the culprits. He's the team leader, he's the QB, he has the ball on every play. Better team play will probably start with him.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            The only thing I'm blaming Eli for is his own poor play. I'm not, nor have I, blamed any one player or coach for our team's poor play. Plenty of blame to go around.
                            But the OP is essentially excusing Eli's bad play by blaming the rest of the team and the offensive scheme. That notion I reject without hesitation. He has played badly for 5 weeks. The team played great at SF but Eli didn't. Can't blame the rest of the team that day.
                            I said after the Dallas game that we weren't going to get away with that kind of poor play anymore. Dallas and Washington handed us the game with 10 total turnovers. well starting with the Pittsburgh game, we weren't getting away with it. We have 6 games left and we better pick it up or we may not win another game. Not playing like this. And the QB is one of the culprits. He's the team leader, he's the QB, he has the ball on every play. Better team play will probably start with him.
                            I'd like to think that. but we have a lot to clean up before we think our QB can fix the worlds problems. We can't even run the ball well. This thing is deep. I trust TC will figure the whole mess out. He's got two weeks.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Peyton is making Eric Decker and Demarius Thomas look like all-pro wideouts after working with them for a couple of months.
                              sigpic

                              Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                                Peyton is making Eric Decker and Demarius Thomas look like all-pro wideouts after working with them for a couple of months.
                                Rivers did it with some no-name guys a few years back. And so did Eli with guys like Steve Smith, Derek Hagan, and Jake Ballard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X