Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by njg85m View Post
    Theres a difference between a Quarterback and a Game Manager. Alex Smith is a game manager, Mark Sanchez is a game manager. They're asked to execute a different plan with little risk and not asked to do much anything more.

    Tom Brady is a Quarterback, Peyton is a Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers is a Quarterback, Eli Manning is supposed to be a Quarterback.
    a QB leads the team to victory, and runs the offense. Right now Eli is doing none of that.

    I'm tired of excuses. Of course there are plenty of other players to blame, but Eli also has a share of it to account for.

    He's simply not playing like he is expected to.
    Tom, Peyton, Aaron and Drew are also all reduced to mere mortals when facing pressure. The Giants dont have superbowl rings if this werent true (specifically of Brady and Rodgers).

    Eli just needs to stop doing stupid things that compound the problem. Just take the sack.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
      If Eli had an offense like GB, or NE, N.O. or the "Peyton offense" (where he can do what he wants when he wants) Eli would have 20 TD's already or damn close to it and less TD's I guaran-damn-tee you that.
      You do realize that we beat 2 out of 3 of those teams in the biggest games, right? And in GB's case, it was due to their receivers not being reliable (lots of unexplained drops). In NE's case, their vaunted offense AGAIN failed to top 20 points against us in the most important game of the year.

      People have and teams have bad games. When they happen in a row it's a slump. Doesn't mean anything other than the coaching staff has to find a way to help the players work through it.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

      Comment


      • #93
        The system does suck and Eli has made the best of it. However, it is time for a new OC and a different system.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          You do realize that we beat 2 out of 3 of those teams in the biggest games, right? And in GB's case, it was due to their receivers not being reliable (lots of unexplained drops). In NE's case, their vaunted offense AGAIN failed to top 20 points against us in the most important game of the year.

          People have and teams have bad games. When they happen in a row it's a slump. Doesn't mean anything other than the coaching staff has to find a way to help the players work through it.
          Unexplained drops? Please watch the Packers. Their receivers drop numerous passes every game. Watch Finley, guy has hands of stone.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            If this is the interpretation we are using then I would say that the original posts here is irrelevant. By your definition the last kind of offense we would want Eli playing in is one that any QB could play in easily.
            Its like saying that a Santana song isn't "guitar player friendly" because it requires that the guitar player be really good.
            Our system puts a lot of responsibility on the QB. Lots of reads, including during the play. This kind of system enables an outstanding QB to be extremely productive. It also would be a bad system for a poor QB.
            So if the OP is looking for a system that any QB could play well in, I would say thats the wrong sysytem for our guy.
            This Passing game at its core is unstoppable when working perfectly. I love when someone tells me the Giants r too Conservative then say they throw 2 many deep balls

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
              The system does suck and Eli has made the best of it. However, it is time for a new OC and a different system.
              Yeah because its normal to fire an OC who has the team every year in the Top 10 in scoring

              Comment


              • #97
                its cute seeing the same faces in here complaining about eli's play even though they've been shut down so many times before.

                when will u guys learn
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                  its cute seeing the same faces in here complaining about eli's play even though they've been shut down so many times before.

                  when will u guys learn
                  bitterness perhaps?
                  Last edited by Rusty192; 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                    its cute seeing the same faces in here complaining about eli's play even though they've been shut down so many times before.

                    when will u guys learn
                    Too bad you missed the last 4 games. I was under the impression that you actually watched the Giants play.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                      you just take sniper fire?
                      You're going to have to explain to me what you mean by your statement, because I'm not following where you're going with it.
                      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                      John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Too bad you missed the last 4 games. I was under the impression that you actually watched the Giants play.
                        I did see Eli not at his best. I also so a holy like the pope oline. Anybody that sweats it or 180s their opinion dramatically about Eli is off their rocker
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                          I did see Eli not at his best. I also so a holy like the pope oline. Anybody that sweats it or 180s their opinion dramatically about Eli is off their rocker
                          No one is doing that at all. What some (including me) are saying is that he's played like crap the last 4 weeks and needs to pick up his game along with the rest of the team or 6-2 will turn into 6-10 in no time.
                          The "not at his best" crap is too ridiculous to respond to.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            No one is doing that at all. What some (including me) are saying is that he's played like crap the last 4 weeks and needs to pick up his game along with the rest of the team or 6-2 will turn into 6-10 in no time.
                            The "not at his best" crap is too ridiculous to respond to.
                            Is the sky falling yet?

                            And no u have completely lost ur mind. U went from hating, to agreeing he's a HOFer, to then sayin he never will. Your like a teen on the rag with your Eli mood swings
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                              Is the sky falling yet?

                              And no u have completely lost ur mind. U went from hating, to agreeing he's a HOFer, to then sayin he never will. Your like a teen on the rag with your Eli mood swings
                              The sky is only falling if we continue to play the way we are? Do you think thta effort on Sunday was good enough for us to beat most teams?
                              Didn't think so.

                              All I've said is that he's sucked for 4 weeks. Which he has. Great QB's don't play that badly for that long. For him its actually been 5 weeks.
                              Show me any of the elite QB's in this league who have had 1 TD and 6 picks in any 5 game stretch in their prime.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • This post is just not true and a classic we are on a two game losing streak thread - hate gilbride all you want he and coughlin run a downfield system that is favorable to the QB. GO BLUE.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X