Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Edwards' release a message to Falcons players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ray Edwards' release a message to Falcons players

    Not sure if any seen this, and no.. I don't think we should sign him, just thought it was kind of crazy..


    Regardless of record, the 8-1 Atlanta Falcons said they will evaluate their team every week. If players thought they were hollow words, the release of Ray Edwards on Monday sent a clear message.
    "It's scary," rookie offensive lineman Peter Konz said, managing a weak smile, via the Associated Press. "It makes you think. But if you do the right things, get the job done on the field, you don't have to be too worried about it€
    Edwards signed a five-year, $30 million contract ($11 million guaranteed) in July 2011 to compliment defensive end John Abraham in the pass rush. He has done little in his 25 games with the Falcons, posting just 3.5 sacks last year and zero in nine games to start this season.
    The big name bombed out big time. Coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff weren't afraid to eat the sunk cost and move on with players who were more productive. Any player can be replaced at any time.
    The locker room got the notice.
    "It's a wakeup call," safety Thomas DeCoud said Wednesday. "The message has been received."
    Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...alcons-players

  • #2
    We need a wakeup call, unfortunately not gonna happen with these coaches.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
      Not sure if any seen this, and no.. I don't think we should sign him, just thought it was kind of crazy..


      Regardless of record, the 8-1 Atlanta Falcons said they will evaluate their team every week. If players thought they were hollow words, the release of Ray Edwards on Monday sent a clear message.
      "It's scary," rookie offensive lineman Peter Konz said, managing a weak smile, via the Associated Press. "It makes you think. But if you do the right things, get the job done on the field, you don't have to be too worried about it€
      Edwards signed a five-year, $30 million contract ($11 million guaranteed) in July 2011 to compliment defensive end John Abraham in the pass rush. He has done little in his 25 games with the Falcons, posting just 3.5 sacks last year and zero in nine games to start this season.
      The big name bombed out big time. Coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff weren't afraid to eat the sunk cost and move on with players who were more productive. Any player can be replaced at any time.
      The locker room got the notice.
      "It's a wakeup call," safety Thomas DeCoud said Wednesday. "The message has been received."
      Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.



      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...alcons-players
      IF we did this the Giants would be a totally different football team!

      WOW! Osi and Tuck would wake up big time! if they are not the ones getting cut

      Stand with Cruz!
      80

      Comment


      • #4
        NY Jets will pick up Ray Edwards.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm sure the members of our Dline saw this and realize we could do the same (or at least at the end of the season) if they aren't living up to the level of their contract. I think this type of situation would apply to players like Tuck and Canty who have signed monster contracts with us, but maybe haven't met expectations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Totally agree! Our guys do need a wakeup call. If things continue the way they are, I don't think letting Osi, walk and Canty or Tuck being release is out of the question... They are making big money for doing pretty much nothing. We can pay rookies or vets a lot less money to do the same thing..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
              NY Jets will pick up Ray Edwards.
              They can pick up Osi at the end of the season

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                They can pick up Osi at the end of the season
                They can have Osi now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                  They can have Osi now.
                  LMFAO
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                    They can have Osi now.
                    lol, I don't think it would hurt us much at all. Tracey could probably miss tackles and get no pressure for us..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                      IF we did this the Giants would be a totally different football team!

                      WOW! Osi and Tuck would wake up big time! if they are not the ones getting cut
                      I understand, but I feel that this tactic is cut throat. Did they try benching the guy or send him to a sport psychologist. He probably has the Oliver Perez syndrome. lol He got paid and then don't perform.
                      Lets go, Giants!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        We need a wakeup call, unfortunately not gonna happen with these coaches.
                        You are absolutely correct! Look how long it took them to get rid of Sinorice Moss!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                          They can have Osi now.
                          I say we save Osi for the playoffs. He's still good for one or two game changing sack/fumble.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                            I say we save Osi for the playoffs. He's still good for one or two game changing sack/fumble.
                            But is 1 or 2 playes worth the money we pay him? Not at all...

                            I'd rather have consistant play than 2 big plays. If you have consistant play, there is no need for big plays like that..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                              But is 1 or 2 playes worth the money we pay him? Not at all...

                              I'd rather have consistant play than 2 big plays. If you have consistant play, there is no need for big plays like that..
                              lol I was being half sarcastic. but last year he was basically invisible and injured, and then boom! we get in the playoffs and it looks like 2007 all over again. Im still holding out for a little Osi magic.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X