Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Cruz Close to Signing Entertainment Management Deal with Jay-Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    every generation thinks the new generation's music is ****.
    we are all of the biased opinion that the music we grew up on was the best.

    many , many decades ago....and being from the woodstock generation ;
    i remember thinking that "disco" was surely the onset of armageddon.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

    Comment


    • #92
      Screw you and you're so called 'rap' or 'rock' or 'RnB', I'll just go and listen to the classics... My bro's Beethoven & Mozart <-- Sarcasm or red

      Lol you guys crack me up some times
      Last edited by IamGiantsfan; 11-17-2012, 05:00 PM.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by stormblue View Post
        every generation thinks the new generation's music is ****.
        we are all of the biased opinion that the music we grew up on was the best.

        many , many decades ago....and being from the woodstock generation ;
        i remember thinking that "disco" was surely the onset of armageddon.
        I am with you on that to a certain degree...but from a rap perspective, the old school heads from the late 80's and early 90's actually rapped about real stuff.....social inequality, racism, other life problems that people could relate to....now rap videos look like pornos, it's all a bunch of half naked women, clowns throwing money around and bling, no substance or soul what so ever, and thus the quality of the music is garbage

        I do agree however, that the kids that are young today will eventually grow up and hate whatever the world has to offer 10 years from now and remenise about the "good" days when rappers were throwing money in the air with half naked girls in the video....it's sad but that's the way life is, it's just a cycle

        Comment


        • #94
          The difference between the rap of yesteryear and today's rap is that rap was a form of poetry (or street poetry). They rapped about the struggle and growing up in rough situations, real life issues and political injustice.

          Today's rap talks about getting girls, money, cars, jewelry, smoking and drinking for entertainment.
          Not just rap either.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by IamGiantsfan View Post
            Screw you and you're so called 'rap' or 'rock' or 'RnB', I'll just go and listen to the classics... My bro's Beethoven & Mozart

            Lol you guys crack me up some times
            Not all rap is bad, same with rock and RnB. Every decade has its bad apples.
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • #96
              Dont Believe the Hype.

              Comment


              • #97
                Does this mean Gillbrides mustache will be joining the Illuminati?
                https://twitter.com/kingchuck810 Join me every kickoff.

                http://www.youtube.com/user/mrchuckknoxx/featured

                LIKE on The New Facebook Page for Exclusive NEW Videos. Featuring I AM LT - https://www.facebook.com/mrchuckknoxx

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Not all rap is bad, same with rock and RnB. Every decade has its bad apples.
                  It was a joke...

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                    I am with you on that to a certain degree...but from a rap perspective, the old school heads from the late 80's and early 90's actually rapped about real stuff.....social inequality, racism, other life problems that people could relate to....now rap videos look like pornos, it's all a bunch of half naked women, clowns throwing money around and bling, no substance or soul what so ever, and thus the quality of the music is garbage

                    I do agree however, that the kids that are young today will eventually grow up and hate whatever the world has to offer 10 years from now and remenise about the "good" days when rappers were throwing money in the air with half naked girls in the video....it's sad but that's the way life is, it's just a cycle
                    Skulls and crossbones and death bandanas
                    A liqueur store in every corner in Atlanta
                    Cops riding round tossing niggas in the slammer
                    Tell me whatís wrong i could really use some answers
                    Nowadays everybody wants to be a rapper
                    About 2 years ago everybody was a trapper
                    Obviously money is what everybodyís after
                    Cos slavery aint changed itís a modern day disaste
                    r Now these are my words from me to you
                    Everything you do from your shades to your shoes
                    From your chains to your coupe came from the two
                    Trust me i would know i was raised on the two
                    Ok, now let me just get your attention
                    Imma turn the tables so you donít get defensive
                    Imma put my bull**** aside for a second
                    Cos i cant be fake, cos God wont let me
                    I used to wear a grill because it was the trend
                    Not because i liked it, i just wanted to fit in
                    Then i got Eastside tatted on my skin
                    And i tried to get dreads but my hair was too big
                    But i was lost, i ainít know who i was
                    What else was there to do besides look like a thug
                    So in my senior year at Columbia High I dropped out of High School when i got signed
                    B.o.B was the name, i ainít like Bobby Ray cos i was ashamed
                    But you can call me Bobby Ray from this day forth and I could give a damn about the fame and fortune
                    Honestly i donít even listen to rap Cos when i turn the radio on, out comes crap
                    And if you make good music thats ok,
                    but On the radio that they donít play
                    Its easy to see we created a beast
                    Cos everybody wants to hear what they donít need
                    And now all the rappers got a stoller to give you
                    That bull**** music so they can continue to live
                    The position that iím in is quite an interesting predicament i will admit
                    But you can count on me cos iím refusing to give in
                    Cos imma give you music cos we need it to exist, *****
                    So imma play my guitar, rap about aliens and sing about star
                    s Til you understand thatís what we are
                    So we aint got to struggle no more so we donít starve
                    I swear to God i love you with every bar
                    We all got problems that need to be solved
                    So while i got the mic imma speak my thoughts
                    And imma keep it real til the day i fall

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IamGiantsfan View Post
                      It was a joke...
                      WOW, YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT IT IN RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kidding, my bad.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • 90s, best music era of all time!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Early Nas was siiiick. I guess the 90s of all these guys was where they peaked. Wu tang 36 chambers, forever, Nas illmatic, tribe's low end theory, midnight marauders...Busta, DMX, Biggie, Gangstar... They all are prima donna rappers now. I saw a special on the real Rick Ross, from Cali, he claimed the dapper was a complete phony and used to be a rent a cop. Just uses his name and history of one of the biggest drug dealers, but never sold a dime. It's all BS now.
                          Nas is still doing his thing. Life Is Good and Distant Relatives and even Untitled was hot. People just wanna dance nowadays instead of listening to lyrics. He can't rap about the projects and petty hustling no more because that's not his life. He does go down memory lane but he doesn't put on a front like he's the Kingpin of Queensbridge.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                            I am with you on that to a certain degree...but from a rap perspective, the old school heads from the late 80's and early 90's actually rapped about real stuff.....social inequality, racism, other life problems that people could relate to....now rap videos look like pornos, it's all a bunch of half naked women, clowns throwing money around and bling, no substance or soul what so ever, and thus the quality of the music is garbage

                            I do agree however, that the kids that are young today will eventually grow up and hate whatever the world has to offer 10 years from now and remenise about the "good" days when rappers were throwing money in the air with half naked girls in the video....it's sad but that's the way life is, it's just a cycle
                            The mid 90's and early 2000's had a few gems. Like YA said, there's still good music out there, it's just not commercial.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                              The mid 90's and early 2000's had a few gems. Like YA said, there's still good music out there, it's just not commercial.
                              Agreed...the underground is more strong than ever....but again, in the 90's the mainstream was actually good. Now you have to go to the underground to find quality. Back in the 90's, the mainstream was artists like Tupac, Nas, Biggie, NWA.....the mainstream today is just a bunch of nonsense.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                                90s, best music era of all time!!!!
                                Amen....this is basically my life motto....everything just seemed better in the 90's...even pop groups were better back then than now. Even shows like the Simpsons or movies lol. I don't know why but lately everything is so fake and corporations just ruined originality.

                                I look at it like genetically modified foods. They mass produce stuff to feed the masses, but it's not as good for you as the organic natural way (aka real independant artists just being themselves)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X