Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants dline one of worst in league right now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants dline one of worst in league right now

    There needs to be a change and I would completely fine tune things.I would not play Tuck or Osi cause they aren't getting the job done.Lets play Ojomo,Broha and see what they bring.The reason why the team struggles is because the core is not motivated every year and I am sick and tired of this.At the end of the year major changes to the core needs to be made and youth needs to be brought up from within,developed,signed,and drafted.

  • #2
    Eli,Jpp,Nicks are fine.The rest are all not safe cause there is too much overrated players with big contracts not producing.We can easily shake up 15 - 20 players after the year.

    Comment


    • #3
      So we will field a two man offense and a one man defense?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by experto View Post
        There needs to be a change and I would completely fine tune things.I would not play Tuck or Osi cause they aren't getting the job done.Lets play Ojomo,Broha and see what they bring.The reason why the team struggles is because the core is not motivated every year and I am sick and tired of this.At the end of the year major changes to the core needs to be made and youth needs to be brought up from within,developed,signed,and drafted.
        I wonder how much of the low sacks are due to the Giants, and how much is a direct reflection of teams going with quick patterns.

        We need to consider that players with 2 rings (e.g., Tuck, Osi) may not turn it on until the team's back is to the wall. I'd prefer if this were not the case, because that is playing with fire.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
          I wonder how much of the low sacks are due to the Giants, and how much is a direct reflection of teams going with quick patterns.

          We need to consider that players with 2 rings (e.g., Tuck, Osi) may not turn it on until the team's back is to the wall. I'd prefer if this were not the case, because that is playing with fire.
          We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
            I like how you used the word 'IF". Such a politician.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              This Dline getting worse is no mystery. Tuck and Osi is not consistent anymore. Its sad when I think of the Giants front 7, I think of JPP , Joseph and even Kiwi before I think of Tuck and Osi. Osi has been inconsistent for years, he shows flashes of greatness when he plays backup tackles and then disappears. Tuck is a good player when he is not feeling sorry for himself.

              Osi and Tuck did very well throughout their careers....they did help us generate a pass rush opposite of Strahan for the 1st time in Giant history and helped us overcome the loss of Strahan. They are at the point of there careers where you start to slow down. Its time for the younger guys like JPP, Joseph, Marvin Austin to take over.
              " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

              Comment


              • #8
                this is nothing new. As fans we already know this....
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
                  Bingo! If the Secondary and the LBs can't buy the linetime to get there by covering up a reciever for 3-5 seconds then no matter how good our line is they aren't going to be able to get to the QB.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
                    The LB's should be considered in this equation as well... both for run stopping and covering the short underneath throws.

                    The question is... is it the players or is it the "bend don't break" style of defense that is the problem? Or, is it a bit of both?
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey....excreto is back!!!
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The quick strike used to be the way around the "vaunted" pass rush of ours but its simply not even necessary anymore... theres no qb pressure and if they do happen do get pressure I think the word is out that will will habitually over-pursue.

                        Sure they'll make a play now and then, but theres not the consistent pressure and our opponents qbs are quite comfortable.

                        Linval was our saving grace but he's dropped off too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by experto View Post
                          Eli,Jpp,Nicks are fine.The rest are all not safe cause there is too much overrated players with big contracts not producing.We can easily shake up 15 - 20 players after the year.
                          cruz is overrated?
                          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                          ~Big Mike~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Its hard when you have no help with no blitzes and the defense rushes 4 all of the time. Those 4 men need help.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                              Hey....excreto is back!!!
                              ROLF !
                              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X