Giant Football: LT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Football: LT

There's a moment of orderly silence before a football play begins. Players are in position, linemen are frozen, and anything is possible. Then, like a traffic accident, stuff begins to randomly collide. From the snap of the ball to the snap of the first bones, closer to 4 seconds than 5.

One-mississippi - Joe Theismann, the Redskins quarterback takes the snap and hands-off to his running mate. Two-mississippi - it's a trick play, a flea-flicker. And the running back tosses it back to the quarterback. Three-mississippi - up 'til now the play's been defined by what the quarterback sees; it's about to be defined by what he doesn't. Four-mississippi - Lawrence Taylor is the best defensive player in the NFL. And has been from the time he walked onto the fielded as a rookie. He will also change the game of football as we know it... Legendary quarterback Joe Theismann never played another down of football.

Now, y'all would guess that more often than not, the highest paid player on an NFL team is the quarterback. And you'd be right. But what you probably don't know is that more often than not, the second highest paid player is, thanks to Lawrence Taylor, a left tackle. Because, as every housewife knows, the first check you write is for the mortgage, but the second is for the insurance. The left tackle's job is to protect the quarterback from what he can't see coming. To protect his blind side

Best part of that movie hands down.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Great post F, but everyone one needed help stopping Lawrence.

One thing I forgot about was how strong his hands were.

He was an incredible football player. The greatest Giant player of all time.

Comment

very cool.......
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Nicely done F-Bomb!

Comment

Too bad Taylor would have drawn about 9,000 flags a season...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Getting nostalgic Rosie ? I don't blame you !
              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

A men among boys .
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

The Michael Jordan of linebackers. He paved the way for players like Armstead, Strahan and young Tuck but it seems the further and further we get away from this era, young Giant fans are forgetting what Giants football is all about. 41-0 over the Vikings is Giants football, what we did to Atlanta last year is Giants football, what we did to the Pats in SB 42 is Giants football. We love defense more than offense in NY... it is what it is.

Comment

That's the real LT! Thanks for posting the video. I would love to see this team do throwbacks with those uniforms. I always liked "GIANTS" written on the helmets better than the "NY".

Comment

"Like a bunch of CRAZED dogs!!!!!"
                      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

LT is the reason why linebacker is my favorite position in football.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                          The Michael Jordan of linebackers. He paved the way for players like Armstead, Strahan and young Tuck but it seems the further and further we get away from this era, young Giant fans are forgetting what Giants football is all about. 41-0 over the Vikings is Giants football, what we did to Atlanta last year is Giants football, what we did to the Pats in SB 42 is Giants football. We love defense more than offense in NY... it is what it is.
                          Absolutely.

When the Giants lose because of bad offense, it bums me out.

When the Giants lose because of bad defense, it makes me sick.

It's something that is genetic in Giants fans.....it's passed down from father to son. I remember as a little kid when the crowd chanted DE-fense!!!!.....my old man would crank up the TV.....my mom would have a frown on her face, but it didn't matter.....it was Sunday afternoon, and the Giants were on.

I'd love it if the Giants had the horses to go back to a 3-4..... I'll take an All-Pro Linebacker over an All-Pro Defensive End any day of the week.
                          Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 11-17-2012, 07:33 PM.
                          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

I sure miss those great defenses we had.

Lawrence Taylor was the Best. I really hope he gets his house in order and finds some peace.

Comment

thanks Rosey..I can watch those clips all day!

Comment

Working...
                              X