Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do kickers and punters belong in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They definitely deserve a spot in the hall of fame, they put teams in positions to win games. Whether its pinning an offense deep up against their own end zone, or scoring that game winning or game tying last second field goal.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Comment

It would be a shame if they didn't....

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        They are players too, don't see why not.
        It's simple. Because they are kickers and punters.
        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          It's simple. Because they are kickers and punters.
          Makes sense
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Yes cause what if they can tackle and cover on special teams as well? Kickers could do more than just kick the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hall of Fame View Post
              You sig copycat! haha jk
              I cast off the JPP Gangnam style for my current jackie chan pic...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Came across this interesting article about kickers and punters being inducted into the Hall of Fame. I never really gave it much thought, but there is a few players worth talking about. Adam Vinatieri was one mentioned in this article, and how Bill Belichick feels that Vinatieri earned his spot in Canton. I think Feagles should be mentioned in this conversation as well, he has definitely proven himself over the years. Sure they only play a minimal amount of time on the field compared to the rest of the team, but the position they play is just as critical to the game as any other position.

http://usat.ly/QMN3Io

http://nflricheisen.files.wordpress....2/07/tweet.png

" Punters are people too "
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Do coaches, owners, and broadcasters belong in the Hall of Fame?

Comment

Why don't we let concession stand workers in as well, they play a vital part in keeping the beer flowing during game time!
                    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      I cast off the JPP Gangnam style for my current jackie chan pic...
                      Lol his doesn't play as well as yours, his is a little fuzzy.
                      Gotta be in it to win it

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Christie View Post
                        Why don't we let concession stand workers in as well, they play a vital part in keeping the beer flowing during game time!
                        Lmao hell yeah
                        Gotta be in it to win it

Comment

Came across this interesting article about kickers and punters being inducted into the Hall of Fame. I never really gave it much thought, but there is a few players worth talking about. Adam Vinatieri was one mentioned in this article, and how Bill Belichick feels that Vinatieri earned his spot in Canton. I think Feagles should be mentioned in this conversation as well, he has definitely proven himself over the years. Sure they only play a minimal amount of time on the field compared to the rest of the team, but the position they play is just as critical to the game as any other position.

http://usat.ly/QMN3Io
                          id have to say no but they say Ray Guy for the raiders back in the day may be worthy..idk

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            I like the last paragraph as well:

Even just 2 years removed from Dodge-gate, some Giants fans don't seem to value the punter as much anymore either...
                            lol I will never, repeat, never take Weatherford for granted lol.

2 yrs ago when we'd punt the ball, I would cringe, and then celebrate if he just caught the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                              Even for those who actually vote, it's never that black and white. It's a valid question.
                              Huh? I wasn't saying it wasn't valid. Just funny that his name is hall of fame and he asked this random question. It's like if I made random posts about electricity. Obviously his is more relevant, but that's not my point.

Comment

Working...
                              X