Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Football: Phil Simms

Thanks for the memories, Rosie
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Ahhhh thanks bro ! Great, great memories ! One of my idols back in the day, tough SOB that blondie !!!
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Those were bright days for us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          Yeah, being a Giants fan in this era sucks......

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            They really were
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Was Simms one of the top 5 QBs? I know he played in one SB but I didn't watch any Giant games or football during that era.

Comment

Who cares if he was a top five QB... he's a legend to us. You Ole Miss fans get on my nerves. These are my childhood Giants, the ones that after 30 years bought a championship back to New York. They'll hold a place in true fans hearts forever!!

Comment

Was just asking, don't know anything about the guy other than he's currently a sports broadcaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    Was Simms one of the top 5 QBs? I know he played in one SB but I didn't watch any Giant games or football during that era.
                    Yes. I recall seeing somewhere that Simms was considered the 5th best QB during the 80's.

Comment

great stuff Roosevelt.
                      the younger generation just doesn't know what it's like
                      to have a team and a QB that is going to walk onto a field
                      and totally dominate the other team. we never "came back" in the 4th QTR, we just ran the clock out.

this generation of Giants and fans might very well be "elite"
                      back then they weren't elite.....they were sledgehammers.
                      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Great job, fun reminising...

Comment

Working...
                        X