No announcement yet.

Y.A. Tittle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Stormblue... How did that all work? Was that when Don Heinrich, the #3 QB would play the first guarter and Chuckin Charlie or YA would play the rest of the game. But you are absolutely right. YA Tittle going vertical to Del Shofner was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
      I'm curious to know where does poor Kerry Collins rank amongst Giants QB's? I mean the man did somewhat help pull us up from the depths of mediocrity. I'll remember that 41-0 beatdown of the Vikes forever. Lots of good memories with those Giants... some heartbreakers too but that comes with the territory.
      I agree with YA's assessment that YA, Eli, and Phil were 3 very great QB's, and why bother comparing or setting a rank.
      Beyond them you must put Charlie Conerly as a close 2nd to those 3.
      Then, I think you'd have to put Tarkenton...
      Then, Collins.
      So, I have Collins rated 6th

As far as Simms mobility... no question he was the fastest and most mobile between he, YA, and Eli... but he was a statue in the pocket and rarely looked to run. YA was actually surprisingly mobile in vid clips I've seen of him palying with the 49ers in his early years.

Comment

Originally posted by cva14 View Post
        Hey Stormblue... How did that all work? Was that when Don Heinrich, the #3 QB would play the first guarter and Chuckin Charlie or YA would play the rest of the game. But you are absolutely right. YA Tittle going vertical to Del Shofner was a thing of beauty.
        Heinrich was never a teammate of YA

and yeah for some reason Jim Lee Howell loved for Heinrich to start the game then put Charlie in ......not sure anyone ever understood why.... including the players and other coaches

during Tittles first season with the Giants Conerly would often come in if YA was struggling

and yes YA to Shofner was quite a sight

Comment

Working...
        X