X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y.A. Tittle

The greatest Giants QB of all time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMvmUiWOM_o
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

funny how every one *****es that these new rules are ruining the game, fines for what was a legal hit a few years ago when I see none of that stuff in a clip from just 50yrs ago.

No one used their head as a missle, but more importantly, ALMOST NO MISSED TACKLES. I think this mentality of hit em with your head as hard as possible and try to be as violent as possible is what damaged the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
      The greatest Giants QB of all time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMvmUiWOM_o

he looks like Eli, picks and all!

Comment

I don't think so. In fact it's hard for me to compare any of those 1950 and 60 QB's with the late 70's and 80's players and beyond. The game has changed dramatically, it might've been more of a brutal sport back then but there was a bunch of stiffs out there playing football. That's not a racial comment either, it's just saying that conditioning and preparations have changed. Foods we eat has changed, the length of the season, everything from the equipment on down. BTW, I didn't watch your vid so I don't know if you were joking or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
          I don't think so. In fact it's hard for me to compare any of those 1950 and 60 QB's with the late 70's and 80's players and beyond. The game has changed dramatically, it might've been more of a brutal sport back then but there was a bunch of stiffs out there playing football. That's not a racial comment either, it's just saying that conditioning and preparations have changed. Foods we eat has changed, the length of the season, everything from the equipment on down. BTW, I didn't watch your vid so I don't know if you were joking or not.
          Watch it!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
            funny how every one *****es that these new rules are ruining the game, fines for what was a legal hit a few years ago when I see none of that stuff in a clip from just 50yrs ago.

No one used their head as a missle, but more importantly, ALMOST NO MISSED TACKLES. I think this mentality of hit em with your head as hard as possible and try to be as violent as possible is what damaged the game.
            Its all relative! Guys went for the sure tackle in those days! Today they are head hunters trying to put you out of the game or end your career! Players are bigger, faster and stronger today!

BTW -- Did I mention that Eli is better then Simms?

Comment

I dont think football is dietary issue........Butkus was and still would be the best MLBer........Jim Brown the best RB........and on and on
              You probably never saw those "stiffs" play

Could the present day Heat beat the 68 Knicks??? NO way......not even close

Comment

YA only played here for 3 years.his career was SF49ers for 10 years.

that's like calling Joe Montana the greatest KC Chief QB of all time.
                due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

I don't even think Y.A Tittle (the poster on here) would agree with that assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                    I dont think football is dietary issue........Butkus was and still would be the best MLBer........Jim Brown the best RB........and on and on

I understand that you're an old fella and those teams and players hold a special place in your heart but I'm willing to bet if you timed the defensive lines of today against the 50's and 60's defensive lines, you'll see a huge difference. YA wouldn't have time to complete a pass to those slowpoke receivers.

Tell me something, what was the highest point total the '68 Knicks ever scored? Basketball changed too... what year was it when they incorporated the 3 point line?

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                      I don't even think Y.A Tittle (the poster on here) would agree with that assessment.
                      I would say Eli and YA were the 2 best Giant QBs....throw Simms in the mix as well of course

all tough SOBs

all great arms

but YA called all of his own plays and the velocity on his ball was something I had not seen from any QB after him until I saw Dan Fouts and John Elway

I swear when YA threw that ball you could almost hear it whistling past you

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                        YA only played here for 3 years.his career was SF49ers for 10 years.

that's like calling Joe Montana the greatest KC Chief QB of all time.
                        did Joe Montana bring the Chiefs to 3 straight Superbowls.......nope

YA had this team in 3 straight Championships and is absolutely in the argument as not only one of the best NY Giant QBs.....but one of the best QBs the NFL has ever seen

he was completing over 60% of his passes and throwing for over 3000 yds and 30 plus TDs in the days when you could mug receivers

also in 14 game seasons
                        Last edited by YATittle1962; 11-17-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post

I think the only way to compare different players from different eras is to compare each player to their respective level of competition.

For example, Babe Ruth had more home runs by himself than entire teams. If a player with his talent was put into the big leagues today, and had the benefit of modern equipment and training, he'd still be awesome.
                          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

its not my point......you think because track and field and swiming records fall that team sports also improve

quite the contrary.........the league had many less teams by half back in Jim Browns day...and the NBA in Walt Fraziers day.....the talent today is in fact diluted.

Great athletes "The Elite" come into this world every so often..........nothing to do with 5 hour energy drinks and Nautilis machines. Going back 20 years Magic, Bird and Michael Jordan dominated the NBA then........they would dominate it now

I feel sorry for any young NFL fans who did not get to see Jim Brown and **** Butkus play.......remember these guys did not even lift weights........they were naturaly god given superior.....place them now in their prime and they would annihilate the NFL. Those guys never even got hurt.....never sat out a game. Today's over musculed, barbell bred primadonna's get hurt putting on their shoes.

Their has been much discussion of late as to why modern athletes are always in the hospital and training rooms........the un-natural strength programs are likely the cause

Lawrence Taylor never lifted a barbell.......nor did Homer Jones or Bob Hayes. Jack Stroud is universally regarded as he strongest Giants player ever. I met the guy as a young waiter......he had so much muscule on his back he looked like a side of beef
                            Last edited by BParcells777; 11-17-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              did Joe Montana bring the Chiefs to 3 straight Superbowls.......nope

YA had this team in 3 straight Championships and is absolutely in the argument as not only one of the best NY Giant QBs.....but one of the best QBs the NFL has ever seen

he was completing over 60% of his passes and throwing for over 3000 yds and 30 plus TDs in the days when you could mug receivers

also in 14 game seasons
                              you got to see him play correct? how wouldyou compare him to ELi and Simms..if you had to?

Comment

Working...
                              X