Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When was the last time????

    The New York Giants Put up 50 points against a team??????? New England continues to do it, and the Saints are almost following suit. Why can we not put these types of games together to keep my blood pressure from spiking?!!!!!! Someone has to have an answer.

    We lose to scrubs over half the time and the other half....we are borderline squeaking out a win!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  • #2
    sorry, putting teams away is not our style.

    Comment


    • #3
      Teams like the Pats and Saints are pass happy teams.

      We are (or try to be) a ground and pound team. The only reason we passed a lot last season was because our O-line was shot along with our run game.
      We CAN put up those type of numbers, but that would require consistent play calling and execution on both sides of the ball.


      We also don't run up the score, like fourth&forever addressed.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • #4
        Gilbride and our receivers dropping balls all over the place is why.

        Comment


        • #5
          last game of the season 1986 put up 55 on the Packers is the last one I remember

          the team has put up a bunch of 40 burgers in recent years

          as long as we have one more point than our opponent I'm good to go

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            Teams like the Pats and Saints are pass happy teams.

            We are (or try to be) a ground and pound team. The only reason we passed a lot last season was because our O-line was shot along with our run game.
            We CAN put up those type of numbers, but that would require consistent play calling and execution on both sides of the ball.


            We also don't run up the score
            , like fourth&forever addressed.
            Exactly! Giants don't run up the score. The best example I can think of was when we played the 9ers this season. We held them to 3 and when it was pretty clear that the game was practically over, what did we do? We handed the ball off to Bradshaw to run up the middle. Now don't get me wrong, that is the best thing to do so that we are guaranteed to run the clock down instead of taking the riskier approach of going to the air and potentially getting an incomplete pass to stop the clock (or worse).

            However, that's what differentiates us from teams like NE. They can clearly have a big enough lead within the 2 minute drill and take a knee to run out the clock and will still go for TD's. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they do that, all for the sake of stat padding. Do I want us to win with bigger margins than one possession scores? Of course. Is it necessary to win by 4 scores when it was clear a long time ago the game was over? No.
            Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

            Comment


            • #7
              I hate NE with a passion & love our 2 wins over them in the SB but I give em credit when it comes to stepping on their opponents neck when they are down, they are king! They impose their will on their opponent & leave them with no doubt that the outcome of the game is already over midway thru the 4th qt if not earlier.

              If we had played this way vs the Eagles in 2010, instead of getting all conservative, we win the division that yr. Hey, as long as the other team has it's starters in the lineup, it means they haven't quit, then you don't take your foot off the gas either. NE plays to annihilate their opponent, I can respect that approach.

              You don't like them going for it on 4th down up by 20, stop em! Classless, nah, they are just showing you that they can impose their will on you & you are helpless to do anything about it.

              Wish we played with that mindset.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                I hate NE with a passion & love our 2 wins over them in the SB but I give em credit when it comes to stepping on their opponents neck when they are down, they are king! They impose their will on their opponent & leave them with no doubt that the outcome of the game is already over midway thru the 4th qt if not earlier.

                If we had played this way vs the Eagles in 2010, instead of getting all conservative, we win the division that yr. Hey, as long as the other team has it's starters in the lineup, it means they haven't quit, then you don't take your foot off the gas either. NE plays to annihilate their opponent, I can respect that approach.

                You don't like them going for it on 4th down up by 20, stop em! Classless, nah, they are just showing you that they can impose their will on you & you are helpless to do anything about it.

                Wish we played with that mindset.
                Apparently, you didn't see the Pats blow games to the Seahawks and Cardinals this year, and try like hell to blow one to the Jets . .. . .

                Comment


                • #9
                  When we get a lead, the offenses and defense goes in a coma, and then it becomes a close game in the 4th quarter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    as good as the giants are at coming back and winning games, teams like the saints and pats are just as good at keeping their foot on the gas and overpowering weak teams from the start as we saw today. i like the way the giants play, but i sometimes wish our team and coaches has that kind of killer instinct. would certainly put a few years back on all of our lives lol.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, their D is not that great again this yr. I saw the Jets & Hawks games & how they almost blew the game vs the Jets & the comback by Seattle, that may be another reason they run up the score, their D might blow a close one. Be that as it may, NE has scored 50+ on teams more than any other team these past 7-8 yrs. They also tend to win alot of their games by double digits as well. Matter of fact, this is the 2nd time this yr they put up 50+ on a team & their 3 losses are by a combined 4 whopping pts! They've outscored their opponents by 133 pts. So they tend to win by alot & lose by very little.

                      At 7-3, they are already 3 up on the rest of the pathetic AFCE teams & should finish with the # 2 seed at the very least. #1 seed if they beat the Texans in a few weeks. Texans & 49ers are the only 2 tough teams left on their schedule, so 12-4 or 13-3 again for this team.

                      If the Giants can make it to the SB again, I don't know if I want us facing NE a 3rd time as 3rd time might be the charm for them. And you know they would want nothing more than to destroy & humiliate us 58-14 as payback for their 2 SB losses to us.

                      Kinda want a shot at the Ravens for payback on our only SB loss or Pit due to the fact that a Giants/Steelers SB would be a slobber knocker slugfest!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
                        The New York Giants Put up 50 points against a team??????? New England continues to do it, and the Saints are almost following suit. Why can we not put these types of games together to keep my blood pressure from spiking?!!!!!! Someone has to have an answer.

                        We lose to scrubs over half the time and the other half....we are borderline squeaking out a win!
                        50+ points is a college score. This is the NFL, not fantasy football. Defense wins games and rings here. And I'll take the gint's squeaks all year long.

                        Bottom line - who would you rather be in the last 4 years: New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, or the Giants?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                          50+ points is a college score. This is the NFL, not fantasy football. Defense wins games and rings here. And I'll take the gint's squeaks all year long.Bottom line - who would you rather be in the last 4 years: New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, or the Giants?
                          That is not fair to the fans and their health.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The Pats have lost Gronk for at last a month as a result of running up the score. It looks nice but it's fairly silly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm just saying that if we have a 10+ pt lead on a team, it be nice to see us still attacking the defense & trying to score enough pts to make the other team know this is an un-winnable game. The Giants hardly ever make the opposing team think that way. NE has a habit of doing that on a consistent basis.

                              You don't know how I hate when we win a game over Dallas or the 9ers by less than 10, how their fans are saying they could have still won the game if not for A-B or C. In a blowout, they can't say s%$^! Heck, GB & 9ers players/ fans still think they should have won their playoff games last yr & thought the better team lost.

                              And we actually dominated GB in the playoff win & they still think they shoulda won! I just wish we could go on a run where we just totally dominate teams from the start of the game till the end. 86' Giants beat SF & the Skins by a combined score of 66-3 in the divisional & NFC title games! Then we destroyed Denver 39-20 in the SB! That 86' team will always IMO, be the best Giants team ever!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X