Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The more he practices, the better chance he'll play better than he has been
    We'll see
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      We also chose Wilson over an "NFL ready" running back Doug Martin. That's strange to me that they thought Wilson was the better back but he has so many flaws all of a sudden.
      Wasn't Martin off the board when we picked?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Wasn't Martin off the board when we picked?
        Well if we thought Wilson was the better back, we probably would have picked him over Martin if Martin were still available, right?
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          Well if we thought Wilson was the better back, we probably would have picked him over Martin if Martin were still available, right?
          I have no way of knowing that without seeing their draft board. But Tampa jumped ahead of us to take Martin so they seem to have thought we'd take him
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I have no way of knowing that without seeing their draft board. But Tampa jumped ahead of us to take Martin so they seem to have thought we'd take him
            That's true, but from Reese said they liked Wilson better. I'm hopeful that we do have the better back...
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              That's true, but from Reese said they liked Wilson better. I'm hopeful that we do have the better back...
              Did Reese say they wouldn't have taken Martin? I think Reese doesn't worry about things he can't control, like some team taking a player you like.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Did Reese say they wouldn't have taken Martin? I think Reese doesn't worry about things he can't control, like some team taking a player you like.
                Are you speaking in general or to me? Cause I didn't really care if we got Martin or not lol I just thought it was strange how everyone now is calling him NFL ready but apparently Wilson is better.

                I don't think Reese said that, no but if you say hey, we thought Wilson was better anyway, I'm going to think he's the better player and I would want to see ​that.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Are you speaking in general or to me? Cause I didn't really care if we got Martin or not lol I just thought it was strange how everyone now is calling him NFL ready but apparently Wilson is better.

                  I don't think Reese said that, no but if you say hey, we thought Wilson was better anyway, I'm going to think he's the better player and I would want to see ​that.
                  Generally, that was a "royal" you. I think drafts are far more orchestrated than we might believe. I think Reese knew exactly what he would do based on what was happening from picks 1 - 31. I've never been involved the draft process, obviously. But that's the sense I get.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • they have their projections and possibilities and contingencies all worked out ahead of time
                    too much at stake in this day and age to have only 15 minutes to decide.
                    but Reese ain't gonna say...."well Tampa jumped up and took our guy so we settled for Wilson"
                    Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM.
                    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                    Comment


                    • I believe the Giants wanted Martin regardless of what Reese says, Martin was clearly the better RB and more NFL ready and they wanted a RB who could contribute right away after this team was last in rushing last year, unfortunately he was already taken and they had to go with the next best RB available which was Wilson.
                      Last edited by Cloud57; 11-20-2012, 04:48 PM.

                      Comment


                      • i don't know why Martin would have been more NFL ready..
                        VA Tech only averaged 3 less passes per game than Boise state in 2011.

                        Wilson had to block as much as Martin.
                        by the way #5 was getting killed up until a few weeks ago.
                        i guess after about 160 touches Martin leaned how to block and be NFL ready.
                        in the meantime...they ran him anyway .
                        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                        Comment


                        • i dont think the coaches have been particularly fair to him, but i understand showing the rookie tough love. They keep going on about protecting Eli, which is important but i refuse to believe that there is absoloutely no schemes available where we can take advantage of his homerun speed in some capacity where Eli can get protection and still free up Wilson for screens or running plays. Gilbride has done an absoloutely disgusting job integrating him into the offense.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by plaxattack17 View Post
                            i dont think the coaches have been particularly fair to him, but i understand showing the rookie tough love. They keep going on about protecting Eli, which is important but i refuse to believe that there is absoloutely no schemes available where we can take advantage of his homerun speed in some capacity where Eli can get protection and still free up Wilson for screens or running plays. Gilbride has done an absoloutely disgusting job integrating him into the offense.
                            +1 concise and nice.
                            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              They should do play-action with Wilson on the field... since everyone is expecting a run everytime he gets on the field, EVERYONE would bite...
                              Dude, even the camera man would bite. thats how OBVIOUS it is when he gets in there. They know 90% of the time, hes in there for one reason, Flanker, HB counter or stretch. WHICH MEANS ITS A RUN TO THE OUTSIDE. Whats funny is hes projected as an inside runner, just as much as an outside runner. His ability to stay on his feet after contact is pretty impressive.

                              THE FACT IS THIS TEAM WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO USE ANY TALENT LET ALONE HIS TALENT.

                              Its not just a TC thing, KG sure as hell doesnt know how to use him. KG is busy using the same playbook from madden 99
                              Last edited by Generation Eli; 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM.


                              NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS



                              Originally posted by Generation Eli
                              1 and done, and its not even close

                              Packers 30
                              Giants 13

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                                +1 concise and nice.
                                yeah I totaly agree

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X