Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm saying it's easy to say he's not going to get past the 20 when he didn't. He thinks, and I support his thinking, he can break one on every return. I find it interesting that there are a lot of fans clamoring for him to be given an opportunity on offense and here we are talking about his backing down on special teams. If he doesn't try, it's never going to happen.
    My point is that since he has realized that he will be limited on offense for the time being, he seems to be taking out EVERY kick that comes his way when he should just down the ball instead in certain spots. There are certainly situations on kick offs where you shouldn't attempt a return, as there are situations where you most certainly should attempt a return. That's all I meant.

    Comment


    • #32
      Well its starting to look like it maybe about the kids attitude more than anything else.... and the staff is trying to break him ... the staff pissed out some info this past week " cause they give a **** what we think ?!" or maybe to embarrass him into line ? well the kid pissed back.... I may well have done the same thing if that were the case....but of coarse this is all just assumption on my part.....whatever is where I'm at....play football and shut up

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

        Excerpt: "Last week, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and running backs coach Jerald Ingram summed up why David Wilson has been sparingly used at running back this season. And it all boiled down to one point: the first-round pick isn't a complete running back yet.

        Sure, Wilson is a great runner, as explosive as there is, they said. But he wasn't asked to be much more than a runner at Virginia Tech and as Ingram put it, 'at what cost is he explosive?'

        The coaches argued that the rookie still needs to improve in other aspects of being an NFL running back, most notably in pass protection, and a fumble on his second career carry against the Cowboys in the season opener certainly didn't help.

        But Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he can do everything that is asked of an NFL running back.

        "They say those statements, but I haven't put in a situation…to see if I could pick up a blitz," Wilson said today. "So I don't know if it's from my college film or what that comes from. But I'm just waiting for my opportunity to get out there."

        Wilson's been asked to pick up blitzes in practice and he said he hasn't had any problems." Read more...
        After winning 2 Superbowls within the last 5 years, you'd think I'd trust the coaches alot more.

        But really, this situation with Wilson is really testing me.

        I can only conclude that Wilson must truly suck during practice and in the film room, because he can't convince the coaches to give him a shot over a dude that can't even practice during the week.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

        Comment


        • #34
          I've said this before.
          I find it crazy that he has to master all of these things (blocking, pre-snap reads, shifting) in order to get more carries. I'm not even talking about starting. You mean to tell me he can't even split carries with Brown? Come on.

          I know this team doesn't rush rookies, I get it. I will patiently wait for Wilson, but it's getting kind of ridiculous.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
            After winning 2 Superbowls within the last 5 years, you'd think I'd trust the coaches alot more.

            But really, this situation with Wilson is really testing me.

            I can only conclude that Wilson must truly suck during practice and in the film room, because he can't convince the coaches to give him a shot over a dude that can't even practice during the week.

            They have created plays for him so we'll have to wait and see when they can get him and them on the field.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              I've said this before.
              I find it crazy that he has to master all of these things (blocking, pre-snap reads, shifting) in order to get more carries. I'm not even talking about starting. You mean to tell me he can't even split carries with Brown? Come on.

              I know this team doesn't rush rookies, I get it. I will patiently wait for Wilson, but it's getting kind of ridiculous.
              The problem is Wilson sits behind 2 running backs. There was a lot of speculation going into the BYE week that Bradshaw may be sidelined or even end up on IR after he had his "battery of tests." Today we learned he is practicing and that would indicate he's still the # 1. So, Wilson's time on offense is going to still be limited.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #37
                so he says he hasnt missed any blitz pick ups in practice since preseason training camp
                so he says he doesnt know why they said what they said
                so he doesnt know what they want him to improve with but he trust the coaches and what they see...

                he is either a total dumbass or the coaches are lying and dont communicate with him......
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  so he says he hasnt missed any blitz pick ups in practice since preseason training camp
                  so he says he doesnt know why they said what they said
                  so he doesnt know what they want him to improve with but he trust the coaches and what they see...

                  he is either a total dumbass or the coaches are lying and dont communicate with him......
                  Well I'd assume the coaches communicate since they do it with every other player so that leaves dumbass..

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    so he says he hasnt missed any blitz pick ups in practice since preseason training camp
                    so he says he doesnt know why they said what they said
                    so he doesnt know what they want him to improve with but he trust the coaches and what they see...

                    he is either a total dumbass or the coaches are lying and dont communicate with him......
                    I go for door # 1
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      The problem is Wilson sits behind 2 running backs. There was a lot of speculation going into the BYE week that Bradshaw may be sidelined or even end up on IR after he had his "battery of tests." Today we learned he is practicing and that would indicate he's still the # 1. So, Wilson's time on offense is going to still be limited.
                      he's gonna be #1 for years to come, sprinkled with Brown and then Wilson for one carry a game.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        he's gonna be #1 for years to come, sprinkled with Brown and then Wilson for one carry a game.
                        I'm not so sure Bradshaw will be the featured back going forward. Brown is doing well enough to share the load. I don't know how much longer Bradshaw will be here after this season. He's just not healthy and it's not like they haven't tried everything to fix his feet.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          I'm not so sure Bradshaw will be the featured back going forward. Brown is doing well enough to share the load. I don't know how much longer Bradshaw will be here after this season. He's just not healthy and it's not like they haven't tried everything to fix his feet.
                          I could see Bradshaw retiring or going to some middle of the pack team that needs a change of pace back a few times a game..

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                            I could see Bradshaw retiring or going to some middle of the pack team that needs a change of pace back a few times a game..
                            I wonder when his contract is up
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              They have created plays for him so we'll have to wait and see when they can get him and them on the field.
                              that just doesn't work. The whole "created plays"for Wilson only assures the defense that when he's in the game, he's probably getting the ball.
                              He just has to start taking snaps and work his way into the offense.
                              I know that TC has won 2 SB's and has earned some slack from us stupid fans, but he isn't infallible either.
                              I think he's being foolishly stubborn with this fumble thing. And as I said, you can't have these big punishment for fumbling, takes the playmaking right out of a young player. We need his objective to be making plays, and not simply holding onto the ball.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                enough is enough,,they go no huddle,,put the playbook in eli's hands, and get Wilson and Brown onto the field. lets roll the dice with our most explosive line up on the field and let the chips fall, period. no more what if, he can't, blah, blah. what they have been doing has not been working,,time to man up and put in some work, that's all I have to say.
                                Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 11-19-2012, 09:07 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X