Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your're favorite non superbowl/championship giants season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    for me it was 2008. We were so dominant that year. Had Plaxico never did what he did, we would've probably would've repeated.

I'll never forget how we ran for nearly 300 yards on the Ravens. Epic.
    I agree about our dominance in the league in 2008, but I reject the notion that Burress cost us the SB.
    If you recall, after he signed that contract extension after SB 42, he really wasn't playing all that well the entire year leading up to him shooting himself.
    I remember many a post complaining about how it looked like Burress was dogging it after getting his money!
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      They really did back into the playoffs. I was at that horriific 10-3 game against the Saints week 16. Then a bunch of things had to happen on Sunday (Giants game was Saturday) for them to make the playoffs and they all happened.
      good stuff, a season I recall where things broke bad in the final week was 1988, letting the jets ruin our season was bad..went from winning the division to being outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
        I agree about our dominance in the league in 2008, but I reject the notion that Burress cost us the SB.
        If you recall, after he signed that contract extension after SB 42, he really wasn't playing all that well the entire year leading up to him shooting himself.
        I remember many a post complaining about how it looked like Burress was dogging it after getting his money!
        yea but having the threat of him forced dbs to play off and not have as many in the box, him being gone not only effected the other recivevers it hurt the running game.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          OK I was 12, but I'm pretty darn sure it was Ernie Koy. We need to ask YA.
          Duhon is absolutely correct... it was Aaron Thomas, in the NO end zone that had a 3 foot black border around the entire endzone, inside the lines., and inside of that was gold. All the black was in bounds. Aaron caught the short little pass on the left side, easily inside that 3 ft. black section, not even close to the OB line... there wasn't a Saints player near him... and the ref immediately called him OB, forgetting that Black was good.
          No replay.

Comment

Working...
          X