Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I just get this entire argument. 4 months ago we were discussing whether or not Hixon was going to make the team, and now we are arguing if he's as good as Mario Manningham?
    The guy was huge in the playoffs last year for us. He PROVED his worth. Hixon has never done a thing in the playoffs very little in the regular season either. and has actually played in 1 more playoff game than MM.
    I mean its like arguing as to whose a better QB, Peyton Manning or Alex Smith. You guys are making all these meaningless points and ignoring the big facts. Like "who's more productive?" Who's made the big plays when we've needed them the most?"
    Hixon has scored a grand total of 4 TD"s. Manningham has 19!. Manningham has more than twice the yards. Manningham has 3 playoff TD's. Hixon has none. Manningham had one of the greatest and most important catches in Giants history. Hixon has done nothing in big spots.

    Its completely silly here. This argument makes not sense at all.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • no , the argument is whether to pay MM 3.5 mil to be a #3 ,
      or to let him go and pay Hixon 600k to be a #3.

      even if you think he's better....he's not 3mil better , not for a #3 WR.
      Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM.
      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I just get this entire argument. 4 months ago we were discussing whether or not Hixon was going to make the team, and now we are arguing if he's as good as Mario Manningham?
        The guy was huge in the playoffs last year for us. He PROVED his worth. Hixon has never done a thing in the playoffs very little in the regular season either. and has actually played in 1 more playoff game than MM.
        I mean its like arguing as to whose a better QB, Peyton Manning or Alex Smith. You guys are making all these meaningless points and ignoring the big facts. Like "who's more productive?" Who's made the big plays when we've needed them the most?"
        Hixon has scored a grand total of 4 TD"s. Manningham has 19!. Manningham has more than twice the yards. Manningham has 3 playoff TD's. Hixon has none. Manningham had one of the greatest and most important catches in Giants history. Hixon has done nothing in big spots.

        Its completely silly here. This argument makes not sense at all.

        +1, I do like Hixon but MM is better... we just couldn't afford him.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by stormblue View Post
          no , the argument is pay MM 3.5 mil to be a #3 ,
          or let him go pay Hixon 600k to be a #3.
          Thats not what we're talking about at all.

          If you say that for cap reasons its better to keep the inferior player because he's much cheaper..... thats fine. I tend to agree because we have two outstanding WR's plus a high draft pick who has a great up side. You can't keep all your players in the cap era.

          from a business perspective..I'm fine with it. But some folks here are saying that Hixon is simply a better player than Manningham and I'm saying that by any standard, they are as wrong as they can be.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • after 14 pages its pretty clear some think one way and some think another...

            blah blah blah....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Thats not what we're talking about at all.

              If you say that for cap reasons its better to keep the inferior player because he's much cheaper..... thats fine. I tend to agree because we have two outstanding WR's plus a high draft pick who has a great up side. You can't keep all your players in the cap era.

              from a business perspective..I'm fine with it. But some folks here are saying that Hixon is simply a better player than Manningham and I'm saying that by any standard, they are as wrong as they can be.
              i believe the thread title is

              "can we now all agree that letting MM go was Dumb-Dumb-Dumb !! "

              the answer to the thread question is - NO ! it was not dumb because you can not pay 3,5 mil for #3 WR.
              now , people have slowly turned this it into an MM vs DH thread .
              but if comparisons are to be made between MM and other WR's , it should be Cruz and Nicks
              that he gets compared to , cuz they are the 3.5 mil guys.
              Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM.
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                here's some stuff to think about ;

                Barden catches 74% of his targets and averages 15,7 yards per catch
                Hixon catches 65% of his targets and averages 14.6 yards per catch
                Nicks catches 61% of his targets and averages 12.9 yards per catch
                Cruz catches 61%% of his targets and averages 12.4 yards per catch
                Randle catches 55% of his targets and averages 14.4 yards per catch

                you folks see what you want to see ...not whats really going on.
                THANK YOU! Do you have MM's #s?

                I remember telling people Barden catches almost everything thrown at him. Looks like I was right. Im surprised Nicks % is so low though. Cruz not havign the sharpest year either. Barden and Hixon are solid #3 WRs.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  THANK YOU! Do you have MM's #s?

                  I remember telling people Barden catches almost everything thrown at him. Looks like I was right. Im surprised Nicks % is so low though. Cruz not havign the sharpest year either. Barden and Hixon are solid #3 WRs.
                  this year with SF ...its 77% and 11.1 yards per catch.

                  but it's hard to compare with a different team's offense.
                  SF is that dinkity-dunk high % completion west coast stuff.
                  ( SF has that illegal stick'em too...LOL)

                  but last year with Eli...it was only a very poor 53%....and 13 yards per catch.
                  Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM.
                  due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                  my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                    this year with SF ...its 77% and 11.1 yards per catch.
                    I mean for us, maybe last year for example. SF is a completely different offense then ours.
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                      i believe the thread title is

                      "can we now all agree that letting MM go was Dumb-Dumb-Dumb !! "

                      the answer to the thread question is - NO ! it was not dumb because you can not pay 3,5 mil for #3 WR.
                      now , people have slowly turned this it into an MM vs DH thread .
                      but if comparisons are to be made between MM and other WR's , it should be Cruz and Nicks
                      that he gets compared to , cuz they are the 3.5 mil guys.
                      Actually the title of the thread is "Can we all now agree that letting MM go was Dumb Dunb. Dumb. It think thats self explanatory.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        I mean for us, maybe last year for example. SF is a completely different offense then ours.
                        Evidently not. evidently some here think that SF's offense is every bit the pass oriented offense ours is and that Alex Smith is every bit the prolific passer that Eli is.
                        As long as it supports their argument of course.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          So how do you explain the HUGE difference in productivity and impact on the team with the same guy throwing the ball to each?
                          Thats the thing MS, folks just want to look at stats as well as percentages and not what is often called the "intangibles." Mario Manningham stretched defenses and forced them to account for him freeing up others. MM was great for offense even when he didn't catch the ball. No matter how we look at it, our offense is not performing the same as it did with MM on the field. Lets hope that we fix what is wrong and make a strong run after this bye week.

                          It is kind of like when folks just take in to account the guy that gets the sack but not the other guy that pressured the QB to run that way.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Actually the title of the thread is "Can we all now agree that letting MM go was Dumb Dunb. Dumb. It think thats self explanatory.
                            LOL ...yeah i noticed that , but i don't throw stones unless i'm thrown at first.
                            i get enough grief from the homers around here as it is....ha-ha !
                            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              Please tell me ur not bringing up what mario's doing this yr in SF with a QB who passes very little compared to the giants and Hixon?? Thats pretty much the one thing most everyone managed to keep outta the debate because it means so very little... Obviously its a completely diffrent offense..

                              Also, no ones debating weather or not we should of let mario go, with Nicks and Cruz pending FA'cy looming sooner then later, but the debate has gotten to a "mario better then hixon or hixon better then mario" debate more then anything..

                              If Hixon were in SF, he'd not even be playing.. He'd be sitting behind Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, and Kyle Williams.. Shoot, they woulden't of had much interest in signing hixon, most likely...
                              Except Mario's stats last year at this exact point in the season were virtually identical to this years. 33 catches for 400 yards.

                              Remember, my analysis was not just of performance, but of performance AND pay since the topic of the thread was the RESIGNING of mario. In that regard, there is little doubt I am correct. I think even the 49ers would agree he has not earned his paycheck, especially considering they signed him to be the starter and he is 3rd on the depth chart.
                              Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-20-2012, 12:48 PM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                I mean for us, maybe last year for example. SF is a completely different offense then ours.
                                this year with SF ...its 77% and 11.1 yards per catch.

                                but it's hard to compare with a different team's offense.
                                SF is that dinkity-dunk high % completion west coast stuff.
                                ( SF has that illegal stick'em too...LOL)

                                but last year with Eli...it was only a very poor 53%....and 13 yards per catch.
                                due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                                my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X