Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
    You don't break up a SB winning team or you didn't back in the dynasty days anyway. An Eli took a pay cut to keep him to boot right? Didn't they restructure Eli's contract for salary cap space to try & keep players like Manningham?

Yep yep yep I agree it was dumb dumb & dumber

Why would someone restructure their contract to pay a #3 receiver #1 money?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Its called the eye test. just look at what they can do. Obviously it is too soon to say for sure that Kaep is better then Smith, but I tend to think that way as well.

I think Smith is a game manager, no better then average in this league. That is all. He was a bust his first 8 years. Harbough found a way to make him work, by being a game manager.
      ope

Kaep has a huge upside and he was my 2nd favorite QB of that class, behind Dalton. I guess I hit the nail on the head huh, unless you still think Cam is what he was his rookie year.

49ers are a real threat now with Kaepernick at the helm. Im serious. He is going to be a very good QB eventually.
      He's already a very good QB.....I hope the 49rs confer with Coughlin on this and bury the guy on the bench behind david deihl....uhhhhhhh I meant Alex Sanchez

uh I meant Alex SMITH....I'm losing it.............Thank God the Knicks are NBA leaders.......I;'m afraid my Giants are doomed for 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
        Just watching him come back to that first pass made me feel awful
        I believe that is what is called the salary cap.
        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          Why would someone restructure their contract to pay a #3 receiver #1 money?
          He didn't. He restructured (and thats not a pay cut, if it was the players association would cry foul) to get the Giants under the cap for this year. They just agreed to pay him more in the out years.
          He didn't do it to pay guys like Manningham. Manningham was gone from the start. He did it so we could manage our team that was over the cap.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
            Its not a high bar to jump over anyway.......but the guy was spectacular

He had a good game. In terms of a backup coming in and doing that would make him..........not the slightest bit unique at all. The advantage he has - as you've correctly pointed out - is that he doesn't need to be that good to be better than the incumbent.

That said, if he stays the starter I'd expect him to settle into the middle of the pack of QBs which is probably about right for him...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              You think wrong. Plax was a NY Giant in 2005
              @BlueSanta , @BP777 , @YAtittle1962

yup , totally blew that one , my bad BP.
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Its called the eye test. just look at what they can do. Obviously it is too soon to say for sure that Kaep is better then Smith, but I tend to think that way as well.

I think Smith is a game manager, no better then average in this league. That is all. He was a bust his first 8 years. Harbough found a way to make him work, by being a game manager.

Kaep has a huge upside and he was my 2nd favorite QB of that class, behind Dalton. I guess I hit the nail on the head huh, unless you still think Cam is what he was his rookie year.

49ers are a real threat now with Kaepernick at the helm. Im serious. He is going to be a very good QB eventually.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. I have completely forgotten about any/all of Kaep's previously crappy play and I now am convinced that this one game now certifies him as a great future NFL QB. Or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  What was I thinking????

Exactly! Lay off that eggnog, man....it's too early.

Comment

He didn't. He restructured (and thats not a pay cut, if it was the players association would cry foul) to get the Giants under the cap for this year. They just agreed to pay him more in the out years.
                    He didn't do it to pay guys like Manningham. Manningham was gone from the start. He did it so we could manage our team that was over the cap.

Wow. That an elite move! It's inarguable.

Comment

• I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hi

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Exactly! Lay off that eggnog, man....it's too early.
                        My sister-in-law's family are coming for the holiday....Its NEVER too early.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

My sister-in-law's family are coming for the holiday....Its NEVER too early.

No further explanation is necessary; I believe you completely.

Comment

• Manningham looks very good against the Saints today. He is so frigging quick . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                              Manningham looks very good against the Saints today. He is so frigging quick . . . .
                              He still catches with his chest, I wonder why he doesn't use his hands to pull it in.
                              sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

• Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                                Manningham looks very good against the Saints today. He is so frigging quick . . . .
                                Everyone looks good against a 32nd ranked defense.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X