Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
    if that's the case then why was Mario starting over Hixon?
    At the beginning of the season Hixon was starting above Mario iirc. It was Nicks, Hixon, Mario, Cruz, Barden, Jernigan, iirc. Hixon went down in week 2 with the ACL. Nicks was out of commission too. We sign Stokley for the Philly game. Mario temporarily became #1 receiver for that game, but Cruz quickly leapfrogged him into the #2 spot, basically replacing Hixon...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      I don't miss him not understanding the offense after 4 years
      I don't miss him bobbling balls every time one came his way
      I don't miss him cutting his routes short and leaving footballs hanging in the air
      I don't miss him not understanding how to read defenses therefor missing sight adjustments
      I don't miss him constantly squeezing his routes to the sideline leaving Eli nowhere to place the ball
      I don't miss him not being able to stay in bounds after catches
      I don't miss his much to be desired route running

      so no I cannot agree

      Hixon is twice the route runner
      has twice the hands
      and understands the defense both inside and outside
      plus he can play specials

      Hixon > Manningham all day.....and night
      Love Ya my friend, but I have to disagree.
      Manningham is twice the playmaker that Hixon is. And its playmakers that win football games.
      MM made a boatload of plays for our team over the past years, including the biggest one at the exact right time.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        I don't miss him not understanding the offense after 4 years
        I don't miss him bobbling balls every time one came his way
        I don't miss him cutting his routes short and leaving footballs hanging in the air
        I don't miss him not understanding how to read defenses therefor missing sight adjustments
        I don't miss him constantly squeezing his routes to the sideline leaving Eli nowhere to place the ball
        I don't miss him not being able to stay in bounds after catches
        I don't miss his much to be desired route running

        so no I cannot agree

        Hixon is twice the route runner
        has twice the hands
        and understands the defense both inside and outside
        plus he can play specials

        Hixon > Manningham all day.....and night
        while i agree that manningham did all the things you noted, i think he had a lot more natural talent than hixon. dont think the drop off in production is/will be that bad, but i think manningham posed more of a threat with the ball in his hands.

        that being said you left out "i dont miss him running backwards to lose a first down after already gaining necessary yardage"
        (even though hixon also did that a few games ago lol)

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Love Ya my friend, but I have to disagree.
          Manningham is twice the playmaker that Hixon is. And its playmakers that win football games.
          MM made a boatload of plays for our team over the past years, including the biggest one at the exact right time.
          No. Manningham i admit is better with the ball in his hands, but hixon is also capable of making big plays and he is faster. We've seen games in the past where hixon would make big plays on special teams and i even remember him catching a short pass vs the eagles and taking it 50+ yards.

          Hixon is the more complete receiver and even though he has been in a little slump lately, he is still on pace to having a better year than manningham had for us during the regular season last year. Hixon's biggest problem just like nicks is staying healthy.

          Hixon is faster has better hands and can run better routes. The only thing manningham has over him is he is quicker and more elusive with the ball in his hands
          Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-20-2012, 12:06 AM.
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

          ~Big Mike~

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
            This Colin Kaprenick is way better than Alex Smith
            +100%

            =========================================================================== ==============

            I hope we never face SF this season, they are a changed team.. all around !
            Last edited by BillTheGreek; 11-20-2012, 12:30 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Moke View Post
              I would love him back here, but he wanted more money and we just had to part ways.
              The thing that irked me about the money was that JR could have used the bunus money that he gave Osi that he didn’t have to toward the contracts for both MM and BJ.

              We really miss MM right now.
              Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 11-20-2012, 12:53 AM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                manningham 29 catches 298 yards 1 td
                hixon 26 catches 380 yards

                Are you overacting because you just saw him catch a pass?

                discuss the matter
                Mario Manningham stretched defenses because of his speed. Granted, he did drop more than his share of passes but he defenses had to account for him.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                  We didn't "let him go" he wanted to leave so that he would have an opportunity to start on another team.
                  Bingo !
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                    could we not have cut David Baas to save some money? Didn't San Fran stick us with that stiff
                    Because centers aren't important and we don't already have O line problems.

                    Jeez dude.
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      I don't miss him not understanding the offense after 4 years
                      I don't miss him bobbling balls every time one came his way
                      I don't miss him cutting his routes short and leaving footballs hanging in the air
                      I don't miss him not understanding how to read defenses therefor missing sight adjustments
                      I don't miss him constantly squeezing his routes to the sideline leaving Eli nowhere to place the ball
                      I don't miss him not being able to stay in bounds after catches
                      I don't miss his much to be desired route running

                      so no I cannot agree

                      Hixon is twice the route runner
                      has twice the hands
                      and understands the defense both inside and outside
                      plus he can play specials

                      Hixon > Manningham all day.....and night
                      +1
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Jaak, there's actual news out there now that the BYE is over, you don't have to dig into the archives of irrelevalnt threads
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                          No. Manningham i admit is better with the ball in his hands, but hixon is also capable of making big plays and he is faster. We've seen games in the past where hixon would make big plays on special teams and i even remember him catching a short pass vs the eagles and taking it 50+ yards.

                          Hixon is the more complete receiver and even though he has been in a little slump lately, he is still on pace to having a better year than manningham had for us during the regular season last year. Hixon's biggest problem just like nicks is staying healthy.

                          Hixon is faster has better hands and can run better routes. The only thing manningham has over him is he is quicker and more elusive with the ball in his hands
                          I do like Hixon...but the comparison between the two isn't even close. MM makes plays. He makes BIG plays. He turns 3 yard outs into 50 yard TD's. (see Dallas game a few years ago).
                          All this stuff about bad routes and being "dumb" is so overhyped. The kid had almost 1000 yards and 9 TD'd in 2010 in part time duty. Hixon has never approached that. Hixon is a role player. MM is a threat. No one is concerned that Domenik Hixon is going to burn them. MM has burned plenty of defenses.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            The way this thread is worded makes NO sense. If there was no salary cap, the answer is clearly yes. Did MM have some issues yes, but as a third receiver in this system he was very effective. He clearly would have helped when Nicks as out...

                            However, and unless MM was willing to take a much much smaller deal, the Giants had no choice. It's not just about this year, but the next few years. You can't tie that much money in one position (with contracts for Cruz and Nicks coming up)

                            Lastly, you just can't cut people either-one you don't get full salary cap relief and two you have to sign someone else to take his place. So, if you cut Bass you still have to find someone to play in his roster spot.

                            Get use to this because the Giants are going to be in the same position for the next few years with other players.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              prediction here. we will see this same thread when osi leaves.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Love Ya my friend, but I have to disagree.
                                Manningham is twice the playmaker that Hixon is. And its playmakers that win football games.
                                MM made a boatload of plays for our team over the past years, including the biggest one at the exact right time.
                                I agree with both of you . . . . there were a lot of things that were annoying about MM, but in the end he scared defenses and Hixon doesn't.

                                We also don't know what type of salary demands he was making to the Giants and what the Giants were willing to pay. That's a big piece of the puzzle.

                                P.S. I don't know why, but I find the fact that Jak misspelled "dumb" incredibly amusing.
                                Last edited by GMENAGAIN; 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X