Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Steve Smith was never our #1. He was a possession receiver with a knack of finding holes in the zone and catching a lot of balls, especially on third down.
    Nope. Actually, he played the 1 for us in the 2009 season where he was the go to receiver. He started in 15 out of the 16 games and lined up a lot on the outside.. I remember that season well.[/quote]

Then he had microfracture surgery and he was never the same. He was a very good player for us until he got hurt.
    actually this isnt true. He started dropping passes and he was having a bad season before he even got injured. Hes had enough time to recover. Good players come back after these kinds of injuries.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

OK lets look at the indisputable facts. Both guys have played almost exactly the same number of games, so injuries are irrelevant. MM: 59 games, DH: 57 games.

Hixon: 89 catches 1218 yards 4 TD's

MM: 191 catches 2658 yards 19 TD's.

Case Closed.
      ok thats great but the thread is about the Giants being "Dumb Dumb Dunmb" to let him go. I say they werent dumb to let him go.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

OK lets look at the indisputable facts. Both guys have played almost exactly the same number of games, so injuries are irrelevant. MM: 59 games, DH: 57 games.

Case Closed.
        How many were STARTED by them though. Im willing to bet MM started a ton of his games and had more targets. If you get thrown the ball more, of course you will have better stats.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I really don't get you guys. Manningham has just been FAR more productive than Hixon in his career. And lets not forget his productivity in all our playoff games last year. he had a TD pass in every playoff game leading up to the SB and caught the biggest pass of the SB.
          Has Hixon even EVER caught a TD pass in the playoffs? Not sure but I'm guessing not.
          mario's had more tds in multiple seasons then Hixon has in his whole career, and NO, hixon never caught a playoff TD, all hes done is drop one should of been TD in the Philly playoff loss of 08, which was 100pct the turning point of that game.. Its not even remotley close to whos better, outta the 2..

To be honest, Hixon woulden't even be playing if Mario were still here.. If that don't tell u whos better, i don't know what will???lol

Sure i get hes gone, and i'm not saying we should of paid for him, becasue we probably shoulden't have, but it dosen't change the fact hes better then hixon.. He was better college player, he jumped em in the depth chart, hes made a thousand more plays, scored a ton more TDs, and a ton more critical TDs at that...etc Its night and day really...

Again, hixon is just another WR.. Good for depth, can give u a spot start, but u certainly don't want him starting for whole season.. I woulden't mind Mario starting alongside a Nicks or Cruz...

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            ok thats great but the thread is about the Giants being "Dumb Dumb Dunmb" to let him go. I say they werent dumb to let him go.....
            That may be what the OP started with but thats not what we are talking about. We are now talking about who is better, MM or DH. As for our being dumb, wevery team has to make cap decisions. I am fine with our decision because I think Randle is going to be an outstanding player. I also think MM made a mistake going to SF. Not the best place for him with that run first offense.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              How many were STARTED by them though. Im willing to bet MM started a ton of his games and had more targets. If you get thrown the ball more, of course you will have better stats.
              So you're saying the coaches agree with me that Hixon isn't a starting WR. In Hixon's 57 games, the coaches started him 13 times. In MM's 59, they started him 37 times.

Again....case closed.
              Last edited by Morehead State; 11-20-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

That may be what the OP started with but thats not what we are talking about. We are now talking about who is better, MM or DH. As for our being dumb, wevery team has to make cap decisions. I am fine with our decision because I think Randle is going to be an outstanding player. I also think MM made a mistake going to SF. Not the best place for him with that run first offense.
                I get it. I realize the direction the thread tool but I just wanted to get back on track........
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Ya, but all u have to do really is look at Hixons only season worth really looking at, which is 2008, where he played in all 16games and started 7, compared to Mario's first full season with us where he started 10games but only played in 14, and Mario destroys em...

57 822 5 for mario in 09..

43 596 2 for hixon in 08

U can count Hixon's TD's on 1hand for godsake.. Again, he woulden't even be playing if we still had mario..lol What does that tell u?

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    Ya, but all u have to do really is look at Hixons only season worth really looking at, which is 2008, where he played in all 16games and started 7, compared to Mario's first full season with us where he started 10games but only played in 14, and Mario destroys em...

43 596 2 for hixon in 08

U can count Hixon's TD's on 1hand for godsake.. Again, he woulden't even be playing if we still had mario..lol What does that tell u?
                    it tells me that Hixon had better value to the Giants with the rest of the WR corp than MM did because of the price tags....

Comment

Hixon's a career backup that can make a spot start from time to time, and Mario is a guy u can go to in a critical play in the postseason and win a SB or a NFC championship game...

Comment

Case Closed.
                        yes but have they played the same number of snaps? In 09 correct me if i am wrong but hixon played the 4 role. He only started in 2 games while manningham started in 10. hixon pretty much missed both the 2010 and 2011 seaons. If you are a reciever and you are 4th or 5th on the depth chart for the NYG's, how many snaps are you going to see per game? you may come in for 1 or 2 plays and on those plays the ball is probably not even designed to go to you.

Ramses barden has played in 9 games this year. You get the point.
                        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post

43 596 2 for hixon in 08

That's right. We were debating in August whether or not Hixon was making the team. If MM was still here, he may not have.

Comment

u
                            Originally posted by jax5338 View Post
                            while i agree that manningham did all the things you noted, i think he had a lot more natural talent than hixon. dont think the drop off in production is/will be that bad, but i think manningham posed more of a threat with the ball in his hands. that being said you left out "i dont miss him running backwards to lose a first down after already gaining necessary yardage" (even though hixon also did that a few games ago lol)
                            Hixon's numbers were better than Manningham's through the first 9 games with Hixon having sat out a game with a concussion. Hixon has a higher % of 1st down catches than all other receivers on the team.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              it tells me that Hixon had better value to the Giants with the rest of the WR corp than MM did because of the price tags....
                              ya, theres no doubt that Mario was 2pricey seeing how we have Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz coming up on FA'cy sooner then later, and there more important, but it dosen't change the fact hes better..

I agree, the giants coulden't fit Mario into there budget, and that makes sense.. Hixon will be jumped by Rueben Randle as soon as next yr, just as he'd be buried behind Mario this yr, if we still had em.. Hes a solid depth WR, whos true value came when he was returning kicks, because that is and will always be the time Hixon was playing his best ball for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                                yes but have the played the same number of snaps? In 09 correct me if i am wrong but hixon played the 4 role. He only started in 2 games while manningham starting in 10. hixon pretty much missed both the 2010 and 2011 seaons. If you are a reciever and you are 4th or 5th on the depth chart for the NYG's, how many snaps are you going to see per game? you may come in for 1 or 2 plays and on those plays the ball is probably not even designed to go to you.

Ramses barden has played in 9 games this year. You get the point.
                                He didn't play the same number of snaps because he didn't earn his way on the field. MM got the snaps because he was the superior player. We forget that when Plax went down in 2008, Hixon got his chance. He disappeared after the Washington game, and into the playoffs.
                                Just look at the playoff performances.
                                Hixon was in 5 playoff games with 2 catches and 37 yards and 0 TD's
                                Manningham was in 4 playoff games and had 13 catches, 189 yards and 3 TD's. And the SF TD was the game winner.

I just don't get the case being made that Hixon is a better WR than MM. there is no piece of information, objective or otherwise, that supports that view.

Comment

Working...
                                X