Mathias Kiwanuka Embracing Dual Role On Giants' Defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Rolle at Nickel is definitely a good approach but it would be nice to give different looks with a Will Hill, Stevie Brown or a Jayron Hosley helping out in that spot as well when certain matchups are better for Rolle to be at his natural safety spot. I think they do some of that anyway but to me exclusively Rolle at Nickel could eventually be exploited if they give that look all the time or too much. Defensive alignments need to be mixed up or eventually someone will exploit it. Fewell mixed up all defensive aspects beautifully Sunday and that needs to continue. I would add to your comment about the offense also. They need to run the ball efficiently (similar to the GB game) and not abandon it too soon. The balance against GB was perfect 26 runs 30 passes with 4.7 a rush. Need to keep that up!
    I don't know dude. When we play the three safety scheme I kinda think its better when Rolle plays close to the LOS. He's probably the best nickel we have and he reads the plays better down there.

Sometimes when he plays deep he takes bad angles so maybe Stevie Brown is better off back there where he can be more of a ball hawk. KP can be the sure tackler and Rolle can play a sort of LB/S hybrid depending on the down and situation.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

Comment

NICE! he is ALL IN ! gotta love the attitude! he rocks up front!

Comment

Working...
      X