Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bondy: RG3 & Co. Worthy Giants' Foes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Griffin gets so much hype because he's having such an insanely impressive season. Not only is he a highlight machine, the guy has a ridiculous 4:1 TD to INT ratio, and 67.4% completion percentage. Any QB would love to have that line.

    As for the Giants getting no respect - come on now. Really? They're constantly referred to as one of the best teams in the league, and Eli, one of the best QBs. This is in spite of their recent string of incompetent performances.
    Vick 2.0

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DLT View Post
      Skins fan here and Ill give my POV. I do think you guys are underrating us in the hype catagory. At the end of the day your boy Parcells is right in that you are what your record says you are but we arent any regular 5-6 team.'

      Lets examine the 6 losses. Lets take the 4 losses first. We had a 4th quarter lead in all of them except for Cincy in which we were tied. Its not like we were getting blown out. We lost leads. Our 1st loss came at STL in which we led I think 21-6. Thats the game we lost Orakpo & Carrackter in. Thats already coming off of our 2 starting Safties in Merriweather & Jackson being out for injury & suspension. The Rams came back and took the lead because of the D. Nothing to do with RG3. Still, we are down 3 late but driving. Its 3rd down and thats when RG3 hits Morgan who made 2 huge mistakes. One mistake is that if he turns inside he has an easy 1st down and we probably end up sconring a TD with the momentum. Instead he goes outside, gets tackled short, then gets a 15yd penalty for throwing the ball at Finnegan. Then Cundiff goes on to miss the FG and we lose by 3. Keep in mind we were without Garcon who got hurt in the 1st quarter of he st game of the year. Our O was suppose to be based on him.

      Next L is at Cincy. I talked on here about how the Shanny's go conservative at home for some reason but whatever. Again, we are without a ton of defensive starters and then our other best player on O in Trent Williams goes down. Jordan Black who was out the league just months before, comes in and gets destroyed. RG3 got lit up. We go down 24-7. We come all the way back to tie it up in the 4th 24-24. The game game ends with us again driving in Cincy teriitory down 38-31. Its actually 1st down from there 19 when we give up a late sack followed by a penalty on Kyle Shannahan which dooms us.

      Our 3rd loss came against the undefeated Falcons. Shanny goes conservative again but we are actually leading them 10-7 with 2min left in the 3rd and we have the ball when Cousins comes in the game for an injuried RG3. Are you trrying to say that we had no chance to win that game if RG3 stays in? The 4th loss was to you and we all know what happened in that one. The last 2 losses were a lil more convincing but the Pitt game aided by the 12 drops which even the Pitt fans said drasitcally changed the game.

      We have the bye. Merriweather comes back and loooks like a straight beast. Leading us in tackles, monster hits, and in interception in his 1st game of the year. He does that all in one half and tears his acl. Gone for the year. If we didnt have the injuries on D then we look totally different. If we have Garcon and or Davis then we look alot different. Dont forget we thought Jamal Brown would finally be healthy thsi year but his missed the whole season. We start Tyler Polumbo who may just be the worst tackle in the league.

      The biggest thing was Garcon. He changes everything. We are 4-1 wth him in the lineup even though he's only been healthy for 1 quarter until last game. He's still not healthy but its the best he's felt since that opening quarter. Then you factor in RG3 is a rookie so you can tell the coach was holding him back some early but is not doing that at all now. Are alot of what I said excuses? Sure but Im just trying to say why some are hyping us moreso then you normally would a 5-6 team. People think if we get Garcon, Davis, Brown, Merriweather, Rak, Jackson, etc...... healthy next year then we could be very good, thats not including adding other pieces.

      Someone said we wont win because of Snyder but thats not true. Snyder is strictly an owner now. Bruce Allen is the GM and Shanny makes all the decisions. We mgiht not win but it wont be because of Snyder is doing stuff. He's turned it all over to them. I think right now we are playing our best ball of the year. Sure it was Philly & Dallas but we probably wouldnt have beat them before teh bye and we definitley wouldnt have beat them like we did. We got healthier and energized while there is now no chains on the O. The whole playbook is open. Again, RG3's 300 yard games have all came with Garcon in the lineup even though he's only played a few games. Thats why we are 4-1 with him even when he hasnt been healthy or done much. It changes us

      If...if....if if. That is precisely why Bill P says you are what your record says you are. That simple. If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle, but guess what.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JimC View Post
        If...if....if if. That is precisely why Bill P says you are what your record says you are. That simple. If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle, but guess what.
        Im the one who quoted Parcells and I already said that is the case. My point is alot of you are asking why people are hyping a 5-6 team so much and that is the reason why. They dont think we are that far off from being good.

        As for the writer, to take it even further as your top future division rival, he brings up our age and I wrote about that on the Skins board recently. RG3 is a rook, Morris is a rook, Robinson is a 2nd year guy, and the big 3 of Trent, Davis, & Garcon are all just coming into there prime. We have no old guys on O so I think we will only get better, espically with the Shanny's mind.

        At the end of the day its all talk. We have to prove it just as you did but Im just giving you reasons for the hype. Its ok to be skeptical but I think we are on the right path

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1209949

          "....Resides instead near the Capital Beltway and bears a racist nickname that no respectful columnist should ever type..."
          lol. Who does this guy think he is???

          Comment


          • #20
            RGIII is exponentially more talented than Vick ever was.

            With that said, his career will only be 7-8 years. Running QB's like him eventually get hurt, though he has an advantage that, unlike Vick, he always looks to make plays with his arm before he tries to make plays with his legs.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
              lol. Who does this guy think he is???
              That guy needs to get that stick out of his arse.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                RGIII is exponentially more talented than Vick ever was.

                With that said, his career will only be 7-8 years. Running QB's like him eventually get hurt, though he has an advantage that, unlike Vick, he always looks to make plays with his arm before he tries to make plays with his legs.
                He's taken some big hits but I honestly dont feel nearly as bad about him as I did before the concussion for a couple of reasons. 1st is that he's smart & learns quick. Since then he's a much different runner. Hasnt taken near the amount of hard hits as before. He gets out of bounds or goes down quicker now and when he does get hit, he takes the punch off it well.

                The other reasons why I feel better is because of what I was telling alot of Skins fans. I said that he's getting hit alot and we are running alot of option stuff only due to injuiries. If Garcon is healthy then we throw alot more and run alot less options. That has been the case. We are throwing more & more and you can tell Shanny is getting more confident each game in throwning when 1st he was a lil cautious with a rookie and no Garcon.

                Last but not least, the Shanny's you can tell have also changed. Less option stuff and you honeslty get the sense that its not always real options. Meaning early RG3 could keep it whenever he wants but now it seems as though the play is designed to hand it off no matter what on most occasions. Also we dont run the QB draw anymore although I could see that starting to come back since defenses probably think we wont do it again

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Skins fan here and Ill give my POV. I do think you guys are underrating us in the hype catagory. At the end of the day your boy Parcells is right in that you are what your record says you are but we arent any regular 5-6 team.'

                  Lets examine the 6 losses. Lets take the 4 losses first. We had a 4th quarter lead in all of them except for Cincy in which we were tied. Its not like we were getting blown out. We lost leads. Our 1st loss came at STL in which we led I think 21-6. Thats the game we lost Orakpo & Carrackter in. Thats already coming off of our 2 starting Safties in Merriweather & Jackson being out for injury & suspension. The Rams came back and took the lead because of the D. Nothing to do with RG3. Still, we are down 3 late but driving. Its 3rd down and thats when RG3 hits Morgan who made 2 huge mistakes. One mistake is that if he turns inside he has an easy 1st down and we probably end up sconring a TD with the momentum. Instead he goes outside, gets tackled short, then gets a 15yd penalty for throwing the ball at Finnegan. Then Cundiff goes on to miss the FG and we lose by 3. Keep in mind we were without Garcon who got hurt in the 1st quarter of he st game of the year. Our O was suppose to be based on him.

                  Next L is at Cincy. I talked on here about how the Shanny's go conservative at home for some reason but whatever. Again, we are without a ton of defensive starters and then our other best player on O in Trent Williams goes down. Jordan Black who was out the league just months before, comes in and gets destroyed. RG3 got lit up. We go down 24-7. We come all the way back to tie it up in the 4th 24-24. The game game ends with us again driving in Cincy teriitory down 38-31. Its actually 1st down from there 19 when we give up a late sack followed by a penalty on Kyle Shannahan which dooms us.

                  Our 3rd loss came against the undefeated Falcons. Shanny goes conservative again but we are actually leading them 10-7 with 2min left in the 3rd and we have the ball when Cousins comes in the game for an injuried RG3. Are you trrying to say that we had no chance to win that game if RG3 stays in? The 4th loss was to you and we all know what happened in that one. The last 2 losses were a lil more convincing but the Pitt game aided by the 12 drops which even the Pitt fans said drasitcally changed the game.

                  We have the bye. Merriweather comes back and loooks like a straight beast. Leading us in tackles, monster hits, and in interception in his 1st game of the year. He does that all in one half and tears his acl. Gone for the year. If we didnt have the injuries on D then we look totally different. If we have Garcon and or Davis then we look alot different. Dont forget we thought Jamal Brown would finally be healthy thsi year but his missed the whole season. We start Tyler Polumbo who may just be the worst tackle in the league.

                  The biggest thing was Garcon. He changes everything. We are 4-1 wth him in the lineup even though he's only been healthy for 1 quarter until last game. He's still not healthy but its the best he's felt since that opening quarter. Then you factor in RG3 is a rookie so you can tell the coach was holding him back some early but is not doing that at all now. Are alot of what I said excuses? Sure but Im just trying to say why some are hyping us moreso then you normally would a 5-6 team. People think if we get Garcon, Davis, Brown, Merriweather, Rak, Jackson, etc...... healthy next year then we could be very good, thats not including adding other pieces.

                  Someone said we wont win because of Snyder but thats not true. Snyder is strictly an owner now. Bruce Allen is the GM and Shanny makes all the decisions. We mgiht not win but it wont be because of Snyder is doing stuff. He's turned it all over to them. I think right now we are playing our best ball of the year. Sure it was Philly & Dallas but we probably wouldnt have beat them before teh bye and we definitley wouldnt have beat them like we did. We got healthier and energized while there is now no chains on the O. The whole playbook is open. Again, RG3's 300 yard games have all came with Garcon in the lineup even though he's only played a few games. Thats why we are 4-1 with him even when he hasnt been healthy or done much. It changes us
                  I love how Redskin fans give you two pages worth on why their team deserves hype and playoff consideration...blah..blah....blah who cares just play the game. Not saying you guys don't have a good team...but it's just sickening that you guys come on here looking for respect. The fact is EVERY team has injuries so did we and we still won.
                  sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by 1986Bavaro View Post
                    I unfortunately live in Washington. The sportscasters are as good as the theater in DC - not. They are delusional about Grif. If you analyze his performances, he is never put in difficult situations. He ususally dumps the ball off. That is why he has a high completion percentage. His big passes have been against poor defensive backs (including a Giant) after play action. The way to beat Grif is to contain him, make him pass beyond the first read and cover. Knocking him on his keyster about 20 times a game will help to tenderize him. By the way, I do think he is talented. He is on TV here all the time which is hard to take considering what an ugly face he has been cursed with
                    I live down here too and it is annoying because he is on TV all the time. He looks like a roach with braids.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                      RGIII is exponentially more talented than Vick ever was.

                      With that said, his career will only be 7-8 years. Running QB's like him eventually get hurt, though he has an advantage that, unlike Vick, he always looks to make plays with his arm before he tries to make plays with his legs.
                      I donít think he is more talented than Mike Vick was. Mike Vick when he is on is way more lethal than the roach with braids.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                        I love how Redskin fans give you two pages worth on why their team deserves hype and playoff consideration...blah..blah....blah who cares just play the game. Not saying you guys don't have a good team...but it's just sickening that you guys come on here looking for respect. The fact is EVERY team has injuries so did we and we still won.
                        again, Im not looking for respect. I was trying to tell you guys the reason why some are saying its a tough game for you or that we could win. You guys keep saying why all the hype for a 5-6 team. Im just telling you the reasons for it. I could care less if you respect us or not. Dallas fans said all the same thing last week when some said we may win or when some Dallas fans said it would be a tough game. They said since when are the 4-6 Skins some great team that we should fear. Now its the same this week. You may win and you may kill us but Im just answering you guys question on why some may think its a tough game even though we are 5-6

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by DLT View Post
                          again, Im not looking for respect. I was trying to tell you guys the reason why some are saying its a tough game for you or that we could win. You guys keep saying why all the hype for a 5-6 team. Im just telling you the reasons for it. I could care less if you respect us or not. Dallas fans said all the same thing last week when some said we may win or when some Dallas fans said it would be a tough game. They said since when are the 4-6 Skins some great team that we should fear. Now its the same this week. You may win and you may kill us but Im just answering you guys question on why some may think its a tough game even though we are 5-6
                          Of course it is a tough game, all division games in NFCE usually. However, I think this one is over quick. I am thinking we win by at least 2 TDs.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                            I don’t think he is more talented than Mike Vick was. Mike Vick when he is on is way more lethal than the roach with braids.
                            RGIII has shown more consistency in one season than Michael Vick has shown in any of his seasons. Vick has never really been that good.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                              I don’t think he is more talented than Mike Vick was. Mike Vick when he is on is way more lethal than the roach with braids.
                              Young Vick was a slightly better mobile athlete but he doesn't even compare to RG3's intelligence. RG3 has easily surpassed Vick when it comes to presnap decisions and reads.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                                I don’t think he is more talented than Mike Vick was. Mike Vick when he is on is way more lethal than the roach with braids.
                                Im the biggest Vick fan there is but there is no way I even take the best Vick over RG3. He's never had the head or accuracy. Even when he finally got right in Philly, he then went right back to sucking. I thought he had finally put it all together but it didnt happen even with all there weapons. Not all his fault. The line sucks but he still shouldnt be that bad or average.

                                The #1 reason I actually take him over Vick or Cam is because of his legs. No one looks at that. Coming out I knew he would be a good passer. Maybe not this good but I knew he was different & better than them because he was a pure passer who looked to throw 1st. I actually thought his legs were overhyped. He didnt have any juke moves in College like Cam, not the quickness like Vick, and he actually looked alot slower to me then they said.

                                Even in the Summer it seems like our defensive players were saying he's ok as a runner but not Vick and doesnt have that kinda burst. RG3 said he's holding back because its practice. Then the games start and in his 2nd & 3rd games he has like 84 & 77 yards rushing. The next week Cam gets like 70 yards and the commentator says its just the 1st or 2nd time in his career that he's ran for that much. I was shocked but found out it was true. Then RG3 has tha 150 yard rushing game and a 76yd td. Combine that with all the miracle escapes.

                                He's 10x better as a runner then I thought he would be. He actually looks like Chris Johnson. Its like long smooth glides where he's going alot faster than he looks. Now I think he's more of a threat with his legs than Cam & Vick are when coming in I thought he wasnt even close to them as a runner. Even alot of the media were saying the same thing. They said he's not Cam. They said obviously Cam is bigger but he's also alot more shiftier and a natural runner. They said RG3 wouldnt be half the runner Cam is. I felt the same way but its been the total opposite

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X