This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ben is better than Eli

[quote user="Mua Dib"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]man, i just watched game againg last night on NFL network, and we were very lucky eli did not throw pick on that final drive. It was absoulute destiny, 2 times on final drive eli very nearly got picked. I don't know why everyone gets defensive about the fact that eli is just averege, and happen to not make big mistake in playoffs, he didn't have 1 spectaculer game, and we had awesome D, timley. turnovers, good run game, some big punt returns. I don't think it's a crime as some make it out, not nessicarily you, to state what everyone has seen with eli throughout career which is Just OK. We all root for him, but that don't make him what he's not yet.
    [/quote]
    because we live in Reality and they don't thats why they curse and get so defensive about Eli. the truth is he is good, up and down QB We wan thim to be great but that desn't mean we are blind.
    [/quote]The moon landing was shot on a hollywood set guy is giving lectures on living in reality. I'm sorry please go on.[/quote]

LOL touche, my exotic Eli lover. the truth will come out in time my friend. Humans can not safely pass through the van allen radition belts in a tin can from 1960. is 2009 and we still can't figure out how to do it safely.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Mua Dib"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]man, i just watched game againg last night on NFL network, and we were very lucky eli did not throw pick on that final drive. It was absoulute destiny, 2 times on final drive eli very nearly got picked. I don't know why everyone gets defensive about the fact that eli is just averege, and happen to not make big mistake in playoffs, he didn't have 1 spectaculer game, and we had awesome D, timley. turnovers, good run game, some big punt returns. I don't think it's a crime as some make it out, not nessicarily you, to state what everyone has seen with eli throughout career which is Just OK. We all root for him, but that don't make him what he's not yet.
      [/quote]
      because we live in Reality and they don't thats why they curse and get so defensive about Eli. the truth is he is good, up and down QB We wan thim to be great but that desn't mean we are blind.
      [/quote]The moon landing was shot on a hollywood set guy is giving lectures on living in reality. I'm sorry please go on.[/quote]

LOL touche, my exotic Eli lover. the truth will come out in time my friend. Humans can not safely pass through the van allen radition belts in a tin can from 1960. is 2009 and we still can't figure out how to do it safely.
      [/quote]Eli can.

Comment

[quote user="Mua Dib"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]man, i just watched game againg last night on NFL network, and we were very lucky eli did not throw pick on that final drive. It was absoulute destiny, 2 times on final drive eli very nearly got picked. I don't know why everyone gets defensive about the fact that eli is just averege, and happen to not make big mistake in playoffs, he didn't have 1 spectaculer game, and we had awesome D, timley. turnovers, good run game, some big punt returns. I don't think it's a crime as some make it out, not nessicarily you, to state what everyone has seen with eli throughout career which is Just OK. We all root for him, but that don't make him what he's not yet.
        [/quote]

We are dealing with people that would rather see David Carr because he played good once at the end of meaningless game in Minnesota (week17). Eli does it week in and week out in a run first offense and then always always takes the blame in a loss. Then he comes back out the next wee or next year and is unphased by the ridicule people love to toss his way. That is a guy I want behind center. he hasn't been great yet but he has been really really good. We win 12 games and you guys say it is all because of this and that. We lose one and you point the finger directly at Eli. Don't you thinkt hat is a bit of a double standard?

Comment

Most of the games we won Eli hans't even passed for 2oo yards with plenty of pass attempts.. The Giants are the best running team in the league and have a top 5 Defense.... Our pass Offense is mediocre and has been every year Eli's been under Center

Eli gets ripped for the playoff loss because he was terrible missingopen Wr's and throwing 2 Idiotic Int's.. The rest of the team played well enough to win... They just couldn't overcome a inept Qb.

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkDave"]

[/quote]

We are dealing with people that would rather see David Carr because he played good once at the end of meaningless game in Minnesota (week17). Eli does it week in and week out in a run first offense and then always always takes the blame in a loss. Then he comes back out the next wee or next year and is unphased by the ridicule people love to toss his way. That is a guy I want behind center. he hasn't been great yet but he has been really really good. We win 12 games and you guys say it is all because of this and that. We lose one and you point the finger directly at Eli. Don't you thinkt hat is a bit of a double standard?

[/quote]They have alot invested in Eli. Most of his detractors have been running thier mouths against him to anyone who would listen,since he was drafted. So after the SB last year the following monday at work or school or the bar or wherever everybody who had listened to the anti-eli rants were more than happy to hit these trolls with a loud "Eli really came through huh?" which of course made the Trolls hate him even more because he embarrased them with his success. Its a vicious cycle of abuse.

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="NewYorkDave"]

It is a good debate but until Eli can brin home another won Big Ben will win it every time. Ben had a better team around him this year. Some of Eli's mainmates sort of let him down.

[/quote]
              sorry Eli had the #1 rushing attack, #3 defense and a very good Oline. this nonesense that pitts and sandaigo have better teams around there QB is pure bs and a slap in the face to the rest of our good team.
              [/quote]

We did have a great team but obviously it wasn't good enough. Our offense let the abscense of one man dictate what we did. The Steelers offense was much worse then ours but never let the play of their offensive line and the injury to Hines Ward slow them down. Not to mention the lack luster running game led. This was a team game and they got the job done as a collective whole. We did not. And Eli's mates DID let him down. Pierce is fat and out of shape and he proclaims himself as the leader of our defense. Plus he is out at night clubs drinking three days before a game. I can pretty much bet my life that Harrison and Polamalu haven't seen the inside of a night club since last off season. Our team is defintiely more talented and has the tools but we need to refocus on football.

And I do not think it is a slap in the face to say the Super Bowl champs had a better all round team....and I said nothing at all about San Diego....they suck. I hate Rivers and Tomlinson has no heart.....oh yeah and Merriman is a cheatin steriod using punk.

[/quote]
              and Eli did not let them down vs the egals?
              [/quote]

Who stepped up for Eli? Dropped passes and missed opportunities lost us that game. Not Eli.

[/quote] whoa, did you watch game??? Eli was key factor from play one missing steve smith streaking to end of game.
              [/quote]

So Eli has to be perfect to get your respect? How about dumb calls by the coaching staff. Everyone inthe world knew Eli was going for the QB sneak on 4th and one. How about telgraphing every run by Jacobs and Ward? How about not using Bradshaw one goddamn time. The coaches got away from what we did best and put their hopes in guys like Hixon to get separation and make plays. Sure Eli made a couple of bad throws but the weather was terrible. Why did we not defer the ball and take the wind? That gave away field position for the rest of the game. Eli was definitely not perfect but the coaching staff did not put him in a good position to win that game. We put all our hopes into Hixon being phenomenal and he wasn't. That and Smith and Toomer were no where to be found. No one breaks away fromt he route whent he coverage is good.

I am not saying Eli doesn't deservesome blame but too many people want to put it all on him and that is not accurate at all

[/quote] Good post I have said this before and I will say it again this was a total team loss players and coaches alike divy it up how ever you want . My hope is that they all see there part in it, andlearn from it. If they do they will get better if they don't who knows.

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"]He's making plays all over the field and avoiding sacks. And to think that we could've had him. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. []
                [/quote]

You are WRONG!

Comment

[quote user="DMAT"]boy how quickly people forget....take this the nicest way possible.....your an idiot....look what eli did in last years superbowl and this year up until the team fell apart, and did u not see the 4 INT game ben had vs the giants in pittsburgh? And noI would still take ben over eli, bens been in 2 super bowls, and take away arizonas secondary looking like a high school team on that last drive, he'd have 0 TD's and a couple picks, but please, keep acting like youknow something, as i've stated, your an idiot[/quote]

arizona's defense was too hungry. they sensed a win and tried to muscle it away from pittsburgh, basically they tried to play pittsburgh style. ben and the steelers marched down the field on arizona's over aggressive defense. then pittsburghs defense showed arizona how it was done by stifiling warner on zona's last drive.

Comment

The fact that this thread even exists is a testament to the overwhelming ignorance of young football fans today.

Comment

If Arizona had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how we should have kept Kurt Warner. If the Titans had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how we should have kept Kerry Collins. If the Chargers had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how we should've kept Rivers. If the Colts had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how Eli will never live up to Peyton.

Comment

[quote user="ManningBowl"]

Most of the games we won Eli hans't even passed for 2oo yards with plenty of pass attempts.. The Giants are the best running team in the league and have a top 5 Defense.... Our pass Offense is mediocre and has been every year Eli's been under Center

Eli gets ripped for the playoff loss because he was terrible missingopen Wr's and throwing 2 Idiotic Int's.. The rest of the team played well enough to win... They just couldn't overcome a inept Qb.

[/quote]

So the 2 missed field goals had nothing to do with it. Every good offense starts with a good running game. Where was "Earth Wind and Fire" at the end? We didn't even use Bradshaw. Gilbride telegraphed every single run for the defense. If we have such a mediocre offense then why were top 5 in offense int he whole freaking league this year. We were 12-4 with top ranked offense....for a long time this year we led the league in total offense....probably would have stayed that way had Plax not scrwed us and BJ stayed healthy.

How about that? BJ is hurt every year he has plaedand at key times in the year. I love him but why does no one take a pund of flesh from him. After Plaxico all Eli has to throw to is an aging Toomer, Steve Smith, who is good but not a game breaker, and a guy that we ourselves overrated in Hixon. Gilbride didn't use Boss at all.

Eli derseves some blame but mediocre he is not. He makes all the throws most of the time. Eli haters want him to make all the throws all of the time. No QB does this.....no QB wins every year either. It is how that QB responds after a bad game that is what matters. And if you think a guy that throws 300+ every game is the key just take a look at Drew Brees. Dude was almost breaking records this year and he didn't even make the playoffs. Peyton didn't even win until Bob Sanders cam along and the defense got good.

I have faith Eli will respond and you should too.....what in his tenure has ever made you think otherwise. He will only be better next year as he has been every year since he has been in the league.

Comment

Talk about sour grapes.

Some of you need to look in the mirror. Had Eli won his second SB, this board would be full of Eli is better then Ben. So to those people, shut the hell up you hypocrites.

Comment

[quote user="Bashum_Blue"]The fact that this thread even exists is a testament to the overwhelming ignorance of young football fans today.
                            [/quote]

How is it ignorant?

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]

Talk about sour grapes.

Some of you need to look in the mirror. Had Eli won his second SB, this board would be full of Eli is better then Ben. So to those people, shut the hell up you hypocrites.

[/quote]Gee ya think? what with this being a Giants msg board and all?

Comment

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]If Arizona had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how we should have kept Kurt Warner. If the Titans had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how we should have kept Kerry Collins. If the Chargers had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how we should've kept Rivers. If the Colts had won, you'd have 8 months of threads about how Eli will never live up to Peyton.[/quote]

Unfrtunatelt that is the reality. You would think a playoff appearance every year, a Super Bowl win, and a SB MVP would be enough. People want Eli to be the second coming instead of just being Eli. I imagine Phil Simms went through similar times because he was not like Dan Marino.....In ten years after Eli retires with 2 or 3 rings on his finger and we are going throught he transitional phase at quarterback again maybe these peole will learn to appreciate him more.

Comment

Working...
                                X