This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ben is better than Eli

this is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both good quaterbacks. Ben did the job last night and got his second superbowl in 4 seasons. I do beleive eli will have another shot at the superbowl beofre his career is over. But overall ability eli is better. That is not a knock on big ben

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Anyway, for the last couple minutes of the game and the half, I'll take Eli any day. However, for the rest of the game, I'd take Ben.

But god, Ben and his sacks would drive me insane if he was a Giant.

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]this is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both good quaterbacks. Ben did the job last night and got his second superbowl in 4 seasons. I do beleive eli will have another shot at the superbowl beofre his career is over. But overall ability eli is better. That is not a knock on big ben[/quote]
        You're wrong. Ben is clearly more talented than Eli.

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]this is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both good quaterbacks. Ben did the job last night and got his second superbowl in 4 seasons. I do beleive eli will have another shot at the superbowl beofre his career is over. But overall ability eli is better. That is not a knock on big ben[/quote]

Tha main difference is that Ben is much more accurate and throws a much better ball in bad weather. Is Big Ben bettr than Eli? Clearly the answer is "Yes", and only the Giant homers would say otherwise. I am a huge Giant fan, but also a realist - Ben is definitely a better QB, as he is bigger, stronger and a much better Athlete. In addition, Ben is a leader on the field, something Eli still lacks.

Comment

Good post Ernest. Also Ben can scramble and make something out of a dead play

Comment

Ben has the edge because he has more super bowls and I thought played pretty well last night. Eli will have another shot to make his claim for being better.

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]

Anyway, for the last couple minutes of the game and the half, I'll take Eli any day. However, for the rest of the game, I'd take Ben.

But god, Ben and his sacks would drive me insane if he was a Giant.

[/quote]They're both really remarkable young QBs but Bens sacks and ints would drive me crazy too.

Comment

[quote user="ErnestTBass"]

Tha main difference is that Ben is much more accurate and throws a much better ball in bad weather. Is Big Ben bettr than Eli? Clearly the answer is "Yes", and only the Giant homers would say otherwise. I am a huge Giant fan, but also a realist - Ben is definitely a better QB, as he is bigger, stronger and a much better Athlete. In addition, Ben is a leader on the field, something Eli still lacks.

[/quote]

Eli wasn't a leader on the field last year? He didn't lead his team into sub zero temps in Green Bay and come away with a win. He didn't hit Tyree in the endzone or Boss for that 44 yard gain in the Super Bowl (with pin point accuracy I may add)? He didn't pump fake the crap out of they guy who was on Burress when he hit him in the endzone to win the Super Bowl? He didn't lead us on the field this year against the Panthers in the best game played all year to clinch the conference? lastly, eli didn't go 9-14 for 150+ yards in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl agaisnt the best team of our generation and win the MVP?

Point is Eli is pretty good too. Ben is not clearly better. I think it is abetter debate then you give it credit for.

PS: Eli has a stronger arm then Ben.

Comment

More successful does not = Better.

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="ErnestTBass"]

[/quote]

Eli wasn't a leader on the field last year? He didn't lead his team into sub zero temps in Green Bay and come away with a win. He didn't hit Tyree in the endzone or Boss for that 44 yard gain in the Super Bowl (with pin point accuracy I may add)? He didn't pump fake the crap out of they guy who was on Burress when he hit him in the endzone to win the Super Bowl? He didn't lead us on the field this year against the Panthers in the best game played all year to clinch the conference? lastly, eli didn't go 9-14 for 150+ yards in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl agaisnt the best team of our generation and win the MVP?

Point is Eli is pretty good too. Ben is not clearly better. I think it is abetter debate then you give it credit for.

[/quote]
                      Then why does he throw so many ducks?

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="ErnestTBass"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                        [/quote]His brother throws Ducks, and He has all the stats

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="ErnestTBass"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                          [/quote]His brother throws Ducks, and He has all the stats[/quote]
                          No he doesn't.

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]
                            [/quote]How many is so many?

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]
                              [/quote]

Every quarterback throws ducks! Favre, McNabb, Ben, Rivers. You name a QB and I will bet my life they throw ducks. Eli didn't lead the league in pics this year. They were down substantially from last year. Peyton threw 6 in one game for crying out loud. The facts are that Eli is a quarterback in windiest stadium in the league. He fights more elements then Ben, Rivers, and certainly Peyton. He led us to a 12-4 record and we had a top 5 offense this year. You can not do that with a guy that all you Eli bashers claim Eli to be. He has his faults& he is not perfect but he is a fighter, he is intelligent, and he gets better evey year. I don't think you can ask for much more.

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="NewYorkDave"][quote user="ErnestTBass"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                                [/quote]

Every quarterback throws ducks! Favre, McNabb, Ben, Rivers. You name a QB and I will bet my life they throw ducks. Eli didn't lead the league in pics this year. They were down substantially from last year. Peyton threw 6 in one game for crying out loud. The facts are that Eli is a quarterback in windiest stadium in the league. He fights more elements then Ben, Rivers, and certainly Peyton. He led us to a 12-4 record and we had a top 5 offense this year. You can not do that with a guy that all you Eli bashers claim Eli to be. He has his faults& he is not perfect but he is a fighter, he is intelligent, and he gets better evey year. I don't think you can ask for much more.

[/quote]
                                True but Eli always seems to throw too many.

Comment

Working...
                                X