This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ben is better than Eli

[quote user="trueblue45"]this is such a bizarre thread. Eli last year clearly outplayed Ben this year. It's not a big deal because Ben played fine tonight and that touchdown throw was wonderful and an even better catch by the MVP Santonio Holmes, but honestly, overall, Big Ben was just kind of...meh.[/quote]
    Eli was nothing special for most of the game last year too.

Comment

Great game! So happy the Steelers won!

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"]Please don't remind me that we have Moss instead.
        [/quote]

and eli basically rode a good defense last year. so i don't see their point. the only thing i do see is jealousy of the qb we could have had. ben is definitely has a better arm and doesn't need plax to have a good season or game. ben is also tough to take down.

Comment

[quote user="trueblue45"]this is such a bizarre thread. Eli last year clearly outplayed Ben this year. It's not a big deal because Ben played fine tonight and that touchdown throw was wonderful and an even better catch by the MVP Santonio Holmes, but honestly, overall, Big Ben was just kind of...meh.[/quote] I'm not a fan of Ben either, and he's certainly ridden on the coattails of his defense for those Super Bowl rings. However, Ben did come up big tonight with some key throws including the clutch throw to Holmes on the 2-point safety. Ben won this game tonight just like Eli won last year's game in the final 2 minutes. As for Eli having a great year in 2007 season, Eli had 27 turnovers. That's not great to me.

Comment

In the words of some of the posters who try to take away Eli's accomplishments in last years SB

The defense won this game. If Harrison doesn't get the 100 yard INT return at the end of the half, they don't win the game. Again, they won a SB with the refs in their back pocket and in spite of Ben.

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]In the words of some of the posters who try to take away Eli's accomplishments in last years SB

The defense won this game. If Harrison doesn't get the 100 yard INT return at the end of the half, they don't win the game. Again, they won a SB with the refs in their back pocket and in spite of Ben.
              [/quote]
              Please, the refs didn't cost the Cardinals the game, their defense did. Again, this is making you look jealous.

Comment

[quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]Great game! So happy the Steelers won!
                [/quote]

I'm not. Now we get a whole offseason of Ben is better than Eli threads []

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]In the words of some of the posters who try to take away Eli's accomplishments in last years SB

[/quote]
                  Please, the refs didn't cost the Cardinals the game, their defense did. Again, this is making you look jealous.
                  [/quote]

There was a BS roughing the passer penalty against AZ when was that... in the 4th?

And they SHOULD HAVE reviewed the final play... Warner's incompletion... You get the ball back and a 15 yard penalty on Pittsburgh if you're Arizona. That play should have been looked at. They didn't even stop to think about it. That was BS to the max.

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]Great game! So happy the Steelers won!
                    [/quote]

[/quote]
                    Why can't you except the Ben is better now? Of course Eli can still catch up but right now he is behind Ben.

Comment

yeah, that is true. they were at the 50 at the time, woulda put them at the 35. thats not even hail mary situation, thats 25 yard pass and run to boldin or fitz.

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="trueblue45"]this is such a bizarre thread. Eli last year clearly outplayed Ben this year. It's not a big deal because Ben played fine tonight and that touchdown throw was wonderful and an even better catch by the MVP Santonio Holmes, but honestly, overall, Big Ben was just kind of...meh.[/quote]
                        [/quote]

Ew...what's that comment all about? It was a tense three quarters against an 18-0 team until the Giants came in and took that championship by the throat. Eli came in with two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. Big Ben was fine tonight, but like I said, after what I saw last year, meh...

The Steelers D was brilliant, especially that well-studied pick off Warner's unfortunate pass at the end of the half. Ben had nothing to do with that.

He was an admirable participant in tonight's win, but well, meh...

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]Great game! So happy the Steelers won!
                          [/quote]

[/quote]
                          Why can't you except the Ben is better now? Of course Eli can still catch up but right now he is behind Ben.
                          [/quote]

It's just that I don't want 8 months of Ben is better threads... I just don't....

Comment

[quote user="trueblue45"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="trueblue45"]this is such a bizarre thread. Eli last year clearly outplayed Ben this year. It's not a big deal because Ben played fine tonight and that touchdown throw was wonderful and an even better catch by the MVP Santonio Holmes, but honestly, overall, Big Ben was just kind of...meh.[/quote]
                            [/quote]

Ew...what's that comment all about? It was a tense three quarters against an 18-0 team until the Giants came in and took that championship by the throat. Eli came in with two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. Big Ben was fine tonight, but like I said, after what I saw last year, meh...

The Steelers D was brilliant, especially that well-studied pick off Warner's unfortunate pass at the end of the half. Ben had nothing to do with that.

He was an admirable participant in tonight's win, but well, meh...[/quote]
                            The Giants had 3 points through three quarters. That was nothing special.

Comment

funny how when Eli does little for 3 qtr's and throws a td in the fourth he is a hero but if ben does it. he is riding his Defense.
                              face it both are good Qb's and BB could have been had for much cheaper. thats just facts, we got a SB from Eli so its not like we got hosed but come on.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]funny how when Eli does little for 3 qtr's and throws a td in the fourth he is a hero but if ben does it. he is riding his Defense.
                                face it both are good Qb's and BB could have been had for much cheaper. thats just facts, we got a SB from Eli so its not like we got hosed but come on.
                                [/quote]

Not disagreeing with your total post but points would have been put up had Steve Smith hung on to a pass at the 10 yard line.

Comment

Working...
                                X