This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ben is better than Eli

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]Great game! So happy the Steelers won!
    [/quote]

I'm not. Now we get a whole offseason of Ben is better than Eli threads []
    [/quote]
    Why can't you except the Ben is better now? Of course Eli can still catch up but right now he is behind Ben.
    [/quote]

It's just that I don't want 8 months of Ben is better threads... I just don't....
    [/quote]

well it's going to happen so be prepared. all the giants needed this year was a qb to not make mistakes and make big plays. they could have played tonight but eli prevented that from happening. blame him.

Comment

[quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[quote user="Harooni"]funny how when Eli does little for 3 qtr's and throws a td in the fourth he is a hero but if ben does it. he is riding his Defense.
      face it both are good Qb's and BB could have been had for much cheaper. thats just facts, we got a SB from Eli so its not like we got hosed but come on.
      [/quote]

Not disagreeing with your total post but points would have been put up had Steve Smith hung on to a pass at the 10 yard line.

[/quote]
      true, it happens , BB lost a few plays because of O holding. heath miller dropped a sure TD the 2nd qtr.

I agree with you both are good Qb's and Eli is ours so i understand the defending. but other posters not giving him credit is pretty silly.

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue_10"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"]Please don't remind me that we have Moss instead.
        [/quote]

and eli basically rode a good defense last year. so i don't see their point. the only thing i do see is jealousy of the qb we could have had. ben is definitely has a better arm and doesn't need plax to have a good season or game. ben is also tough to take down.
        [/quote]

Hey moron. Pittsburgh's defense was ranked 1st this year and a couple of other years since 2004. Giants haven't had a #1 defense since 1993.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[quote user="Harooni"]funny how when Eli does little for 3 qtr's and throws a td in the fourth he is a hero but if ben does it. he is riding his Defense.
          face it both are good Qb's and BB could have been had for much cheaper. thats just facts, we got a SB from Eli so its not like we got hosed but come on.
          [/quote]

Not disagreeing with your total post but points would have been put up had Steve Smith hung on to a pass at the 10 yard line.

[/quote]
          true, it happens , BB lost a few plays because of O holding. heath miller dropped a sure TD the 2nd qtr.

I agree with you both are good Qb's and Eli is ours so i understand the defending. but other posters not giving him credit is pretty silly.
          [/quote]

He definately deserves credit, I thought he was gonna get the MVP. I guess Santonio with the 130+ yards was the only reason he didn't.

Comment

[quote user="Hampton27 missed"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He definately deserves credit, I thought he was gonna get the MVP. I guess Santonio with the 130+ yards was the only reason he didn't.

[/quote]

It was either gonna be Harrison with the 100 yard TD or Holmes with his big game. Ben played well, but I don't think he deserved it.

Terry McCauley and his officiating crew were the real MVPs....

Comment

[quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[quote user="BigBlue_10"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"]Please don't remind me that we have Moss instead.
              [/quote]

and eli basically rode a good defense last year. so i don't see their point. the only thing i do see is jealousy of the qb we could have had. ben is definitely has a better arm and doesn't need plax to have a good season or game. ben is also tough to take down.
              [/quote]

Hey moron. Pittsburgh's defense was ranked 1st this year and a couple of other years since 2004. Giants haven't had a #1 defense since 1993.

[/quote]

that's because the giants didn't embrace spagnuolo's scheme until after the 4th game or so. your comment is nonsensical because you seem to imply that having a good defense means being ranked #1. eli still rode a good defense to the super bowl. the fact that we had to rely on a miracle play while big ben doesn't just makes the giants look bad. people are going to be saying that we won on a fluke. and add to that we couldn't win a single playoff game this year in defense of our title makes us look like one and dones.

Comment

[/quote]

Here's my problem--you can be just as manipulative with the facts as any Eli lover.

Eli had the ball 1 time in the first quarter of the SB.
                Set the mark for longest drive (time)
                And I believe it was also record number of consecutive 3rd down conversions (all passes if I am not mistaken)

He didn't throw a TD in the 4th, he threw 2 (also a record for a winning QB)
                I assume that the one you were referring to was the game winner (also a record)

Ben had a fantastic game today
                , but I just can't understand why you have to continually misrepresent Eli's game to make your point.

Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

[quote user="Hampton27 missed"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't forget the 9 catches Holmes had.

Great game and congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers, now in Superbowl Immortality.

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="trueblue45"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"][quote user="trueblue45"]this is such a bizarre thread. Eli last year clearly outplayed Ben this year. It's not a big deal because Ben played fine tonight and that touchdown throw was wonderful and an even better catch by the MVP Santonio Holmes, but honestly, overall, Big Ben was just kind of...meh.[/quote]
                    Eli was nothing special for most of the game last year too.
                    [/quote]

Ew...what's that comment all about? It was a tense three quarters against an 18-0 team until the Giants came in and took that championship by the throat. Eli came in with two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. Big Ben was fine tonight, but like I said, after what I saw last year, meh...

The Steelers D was brilliant, especially that well-studied pick off Warner's unfortunate pass at the end of the half. Ben had nothing to do with that.

He was an admirable participant in tonight's win, but well, meh...[/quote]
                    The Giants had 3 points through three quarters. That was nothing special.
                    [/quote]

It was a tense standoff on both sides and a great three quarters of football to watch. I wouldn't say nothing special because of the scoreboard.

The Patriots had, I think, 7? Was it 7? The point is, the fourth quarter was thrilling--like the final moments of this one was. I don't quite see how Ben comes out on top though. He was solid.

Anyway, both Eli and Ben are good QB's. But, I have to throw this in 'cause I love the Giants...Eli got the MVP. I'm defending the team I love, but really, if I thought Ben outplayed Eli of last year, I would say so. Don't feel bad. We have a good QB too. He'll win you another one.

Comment

It was only a matter of time before a thread like this was made...

Why is Ben better? Because he has one more ring? That doesn't necessarily mean that he is better than Eli. I think in reality, both of them are even, but you can't really honestly compare the 2 because they both play in different systems with different coaches and different players. You can't realistically compare 2 players unless they both play in the same system with the same coaches and the same players.

This offseason is gonna be FUN...

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue_10"][quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that's because the giants didn't embrace spagnuolo's scheme until after the 4th game or so. your comment is nonsensical because you seem to imply that having a good defense means being ranked #1. eli still rode a good defense to the super bowl. the fact that we had to rely on a miracle play while big ben doesn't just makes the giants look bad. people are going to be saying that we won on a fluke. and add to that we couldn't win a single playoff game this year in defense of our title makes us look like one and dones.
                        [/quote]

Who cares what people think? Had we won it this year, they would of called it another fluke. Last year, the defense started playing well in game 3.

We were 12=4 this year. The Giants beat Tampa, Cowboys. Greenbay and the undefeated Pats and it wasn't only the defense that did it.

Comment

I'd be happy with either one. It's hard to lock down one. For the people who say hey Ben wouldnt have cost us the extra picks that is without a doubt true, but you have to trust your scouting department to get your guy. Going into the draft we thought he was hands down going to be the best QB out of the three and maybe our scouting thought the other two wouldnt turn out as well, who really knows. He may not be the best but he sure isnt the worst, but he's our guy and thats how it's gonna be.

Comment

Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.

Comment

[quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]

yea only QBs and WRs play in a football game.....dont be a dummy.

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"]He's making plays all over the field and avoiding sacks. And to think that we could've had him. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. []
                                [/quote]TROLL!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X