This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ben is better than Eli

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"]He's making plays all over the field and avoiding sacks. And to think that we could've had him. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. []
    [/quote]

You are an idiot, the difference is the OC for Pitt. He for the most part keeps him in decent situations. Play action and rolll. He is not better than Eli. Eli is the victim of an idiot OC/

Comment

[quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]
      checkmate!!

Comment

[quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]

That's dumb logic. Ben still had Hines and Holmes, 2 SB MVP as receivers. I say if Eli has those guys, he does well as well.

Hines, Holmes > Hixon, Toomer

Comment

[quote user="Hampton27 missed"][quote user="BigBlue_10"][quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[quote user="BigBlue_10"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"]Please don't remind me that we have Moss instead.
          [/quote]

and eli basically rode a good defense last year. so i don't see their point. the only thing i do see is jealousy of the qb we could have had. ben is definitely has a better arm and doesn't need plax to have a good season or game. ben is also tough to take down.
          [/quote]

Hey moron. Pittsburgh's defense was ranked 1st this year and a couple of other years since 2004. Giants haven't had a #1 defense since 1993.

[/quote]

that's because the giants didn't embrace spagnuolo's scheme until after the 4th game or so. your comment is nonsensical because you seem to imply that having a good defense means being ranked #1. eli still rode a good defense to the super bowl. the fact that we had to rely on a miracle play while big ben doesn't just makes the giants look bad. people are going to be saying that we won on a fluke. and add to that we couldn't win a single playoff game this year in defense of our title makes us look like one and dones.
          [/quote]

Who cares what people think? Had we won it this year, they would of called it another fluke. Last year, the defense started playing well in game 3.

We were 12=4 this year. The Giants beat Tampa, Cowboys. Greenbay and the undefeated Pats and it wasn't only the defense that did it.

[/quote]Save your breath. You had to know the Trolls would be out in full force after this one. I could hear the lizards slithering as soon as Ben hit Santonio in the endzone.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]
            checkmate!!
            [/quote]what exactly is it you as a Giants fan arewinning here rooni? Did Eli retire? Nothing been decided.

Comment

[quote user="Mua Dib"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]
              checkmate!!
              [/quote]what exactly is it you as a Giants fan arewinning here rooni? Did Eli retire? Nothing been decided.[/quote]
              i'm not winning anything, he made a valid point. a point that imo ends the discussion. Plax counts for 40percent of Eli's career Td's. 6 games without plax 3 td's for eli. there was a huge drop, one can only conclude that Plax's freakish abilty was the key to Eli's success. it doesn't mean i love the steelers now. i can't name you their starting oline. i will always love the giants as long as I live,but i'm not blind.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]
                checkmate!!
                [/quote]

This may be the dumbest point of them all. Ben has two very good receivers in Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. When Plax went down our receivers became a very mediocre bunch. Tonight, Ben was very good, but I thought that the Steeler playcalling really helped him. Of his 21 completions, how many were little screen passes or to guys who were absolutely wide open? When was the last time you saw a Giant receiver as open as Hines Ward was on that first completion of the night? There was nobody within a 10 yard radius of him.

Comment

[quote user="Delicreep"][quote user="Harooni"]funny how when Eli does little for 3 qtr's and throws a td in the fourth he is a hero but if ben does it. he is riding his Defense.
                  face it both are good Qb's and BB could have been had for much cheaper. thats just facts, we got a SB from Eli so its not like we got hosed but come on.
                  [/quote]

Here's my problem--you can be just as manipulative with the facts as any Eli lover.

Eli had the ball 1 time in the first quarter of the SB.
                  Set the mark for longest drive (time)
                  And I believe it was also record number of consecutive 3rd down conversions (all passes if I am not mistaken)

He didn't throw a TD in the 4th, he threw 2 (also a record for a winning QB)
                  I assume that the one you were referring to was the game winner (also a record)

Ben had a fantastic game today
                  , but I just can't understand why you have to continually misrepresent Eli's game to make your point.

[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"]It was only a matter of time before a thread like this was made...

Why is Ben better? Because he has one more ring? That doesn't necessarily mean that he is better than Eli. I think in reality, both of them are even, but you can't really honestly compare the 2 because they both play in different systems with different coaches and different players. You can't realistically compare 2 players unless they both play in the same system with the same coaches and the same players.

This offseason is gonna be FUN...
                    [/quote]

If Eli won the SB this year, then I'm certain people here would be saying Eli was "better". In fact, I'll gaurantee it. Flip side of the coin to those exact same people. Is Ben now "better"? Tough to swallow isn't it.

Sad part is, that a lot of people here are just sour grapes and not giving Ben his due.

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"][quote user="Mod_C"]It was only a matter of time before a thread like this was made...

Why is Ben better? Because he has one more ring? That doesn't necessarily mean that he is better than Eli. I think in reality, both of them are even, but you can't really honestly compare the 2 because they both play in different systems with different coaches and different players. You can't realistically compare 2 players unless they both play in the same system with the same coaches and the same players.

This offseason is gonna be FUN...
                      [/quote]

If Eli won the SB this year, then I'm certain people here would be saying Eli was "better". In fact, I'll gaurantee it. Flip side of the coin to those exact same people. Is Ben now "better"? Tough to swallow isn't it.

Sad part is, that a lot of people here are just sour grapes and not giving Ben his due.
                      [/quote]

yea alot of people's arguments for eli being better than ben was that eli was sb mvp whereas ben played awful in his sb win. That cant really be said any more.

With that said, who cares

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]

That's dumb logic. Ben still had Hines and Holmes, 2 SB MVP as receivers. I say if Eli has those guys, he does well as well.

Hines, Holmes > Hixon, Toomer
                        [/quote]

We were 12-4 this year and Plax played in 8 games. Eli has won without Plax and against the 2 teams that played in tonights game. Pay no mindto the ignorant.

Comment

[quote user="Delicreep"][quote user="Harooni"]funny how when Eli does little for 3 qtr's and throws a td in the fourth he is a hero but if ben does it. he is riding his Defense.
                          face it both are good Qb's and BB could have been had for much cheaper. thats just facts, we got a SB from Eli so its not like we got hosed but come on.
                          [/quote]

Here's my problem--you can be just as manipulative with the facts as any Eli lover.

Eli had the ball 1 time in the first quarter of the SB.
                          Set the mark for longest drive (time)
                          And I believe it was also record number of consecutive 3rd down conversions (all passes if I am not mistaken)

He didn't throw a TD in the 4th, he threw 2 (also a record for a winning QB)
                          I assume that the one you were referring to was the game winner (also a record)

Ben had a fantastic game today
                          , but I just can't understand why you have to continually misrepresent Eli's game to make your point.

[/quote]

PLUS, people around here still try to say it was the defense that got us the win last year.

and while BOTH sides of the football need to show up to win a game, I don't remember our defense making any 100yd TD-preventing/TD-scoring interceptions. do you?

so, I guess all those folks should lay this victory on the Steelers' defense, no?

bottom line: 2 rings is better than 1.... no one can argue that. but 1 ring is all you can ever hope for... and sometimes that's asking too much (Marino, Kelly, etc.)
                          also, Eli gave us a performance that will go down in SB history and so was named MVP... so far Ben's teammates have outshined his performance each time.

being purely objective, either QB could lead my team anytime. I do happen to think Eli is a classier guy and there is something about his vibe that resonates better with me. I don't think you'd ever hear Eli yelling out "what's up now O-line?! what's up now O-line?!" or whatever Ben was yapping about on the podium tonight....

Comment

[quote user="jgrangers2"]

checkmate!!
                            [/quote]

This may be the dumbest point of them all. Ben has two very good receivers in Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. When Plax went down our receivers became a very mediocre bunch. Tonight, Ben was very good, but I thought that the Steeler playcalling really helped him. Of his 21 completions, how many were little screen passes or to guys who were absolutely wide open? When was the last time you saw a Giant receiver as open as Hines Ward was on that first completion of the night? There was nobody within a 10 yard radius of him.

[/quote]

Seriously how do you know that WRs haven't been getting open? Do you have the sky cam for the entire game? Do you attend all the games? There's little possible way that anyone can say that our WRs get no seperation with any sort of certainty. And at what point to you give Eli the pass where maybe he's just trying to get the ball to the wrong receiver and missing the wide open guy? Again, we'll never know because we can't see the entire field every play.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Mua Dib"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="Bumm"]Ben wins without Plax. Eli doesn't. Nuff said.[/quote]
                              checkmate!!
                              [/quote]what exactly is it you as a Giants fan arewinning here rooni? Did Eli retire? Nothing been decided.[/quote]
                              i'm not winning anything, he made a valid point. a point that imo ends the discussion. Plax counts for 40percent of Eli's career Td's. 6 games without plax 3 td's for eli. there was a huge drop, one can only conclude that Plax's freakish abilty was the key to Eli's success. it doesn't mean i love the steelers now. i can't name you their starting oline. i will always love the giants as long as I live,but i'm not blind.
                              [/quote]

Plax only caught 4 of Eli's 21 TDs this year.

Comment

Pittsburg beat an underdog so that makes Ben better. wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X