This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ben is better than Eli

It is a good debate but until Eli can brin home another won Big Ben will win it every time. Ben had a better team around him this year. Some of Eli's mainmates sort of let him down. Plax did in a big way. Antonio Pierce did by showing up out of shape. Toomer did by throwing the team under the bus in an interview. Jacobs did but not on purpose....his injuries cost us though. I love our team but we had too many players seeking out the spot light this year and believing their own hype. You may see that on the Steelers now but you didn't before the game today. They humbled themselves behind Ben, who is good but not great, and because they had faith in the system they got the job done.

I love Eli and his skills are right there with Ben's. They do different things at the position. Eli is more accurate and has a better arm. Ben is a master at avoiding pressure. They are both cool under pressure and don't let mistakes ruin their day. One on one it is pretty close but in a sport where the man at that particular position will shoulder all the blame and get all the credit whether they deserve it or not I have to give the edge to Big Ben. It's all about the hardware as we remind Eagle fans eeryday.....Ben 2 Eli 1. The competition is far from over. Until next year

Comment

Lawl, I'm going by what will be the toughest to do in those conditions. Sure the Giants and Plax may make a play to burn the other team (Hixon almost burned them) but the chances are much less. As a DC, you go withyour best chances. In 25 MPH winds, the DC will play the short field, they will NOT keep their safeties back. They will focus on the running game no matter.

Comment

I think theres even quotes of Jim johnson saying he changed the gameplan because plax wasnt going to be in....

Comment

Let me put this to rest. Ben has two Super Bowl Championships. With that in mind he has zero Super Bowl MVP's. What does that say? He shows up but isn't the best at the game nor does he play the best at the end. He is good and has a great D behind him, but the real star was Holmes. Eli can win games but apparently cannot play in the wind. I don't know but I would say as of right now its Ben 2 and Eli one. We measure greatness based on championships, so for now Ben has the advantage.

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkDave"]

It is a good debate but until Eli can brin home another won Big Ben will win it every time. Ben had a better team around him this year. Some of Eli's mainmates sort of let him down.

[/quote]
            sorry Eli had the #1 rushing attack, #3 defense and a very good Oline. this nonesense that pitts and sandaigo have better teams around there QB is pure bs and a slap in the face to the rest of our good team.

Comment

[quote user="LuckOfTuck"]Please don't remind me that we have Moss instead.
              [/quote]

this is the root of the problem. the dropped balls. hixon, moss can't do anything. noone could get open once plax was out.

ward can catch but jacob's is not a good screen type back. bradshaw is not used enough and gilbride didn't change once plax got hurt.

last year was one of the most exceiting things i've ever seen in my life. maybe pittsburgh feels that way now, but if warner does not throw that pick at the end of the 2st half the cardinals win.

as well the lack of discipline and utter crap that the steelers showed especially #92 punching the guy twice was disgusting.

maybe ben is better, i don't know. the whole story has not ended yet. we beat both of these teams this year. both of them!

plax is healthy and gilbride changes play selection and if carney didn't choke we may have won again!

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkDave"]

It is a good debate but until Eli can brin home another won Big Ben will win it every time. Ben had a better team around him this year. Some of Eli's mainmates sort of let him down. Plax did in a big way. Antonio Pierce did by showing up out of shape. Toomer did by throwing the team under the bus in an interview. Jacobs did but not on purpose....his injuries cost us though. I love our team but we had too many players seeking out the spot light this year and believing their own hype. You may see that on the Steelers now but you didn't before the game today. They humbled themselves behind Ben, who is good but not great, and because they had faith in the system they got the job done.

I love Eli and his skills are right there with Ben's. They do different things at the position. Eli is more accurate and has a better arm. Ben is a master at avoiding pressure. They are both cool under pressure and don't let mistakes ruin their day. One on one it is pretty close but in a sport where the man at that particular position will shoulder all the blame and get all the credit whether they deserve it or not I have to give the edge to Big Ben. It's all about the hardware as we remind Eagle fans eeryday.....Ben 2 Eli 1. The competition is far from over. Until next year

[/quote]

Come on.. Ben's arm is much stronger then Eli's and he is much more accurate

Comment

[quote user="Bluefan10"][quote user="LuckOfTuck"]He's making plays all over the field and avoiding sacks. And to think that we could've had him. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. []
                  [/quote]

What do Joe montana and Eli manning have in common?

Superbowl MVPs and only QBs to throw 2 TDs in the 4th quarter....Also i hate you[/quote]

Only Eli did it when his team NEEDED A TOUCHDOWN! Montana needed a field goal. So the edge goes to Eli.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="NewYorkDave"]

It is a good debate but until Eli can brin home another won Big Ben will win it every time. Ben had a better team around him this year. Some of Eli's mainmates sort of let him down.

[/quote]
                    sorry Eli had the #1 rushing attack, #3 defense and a very good Oline. this nonesense that pitts and sandaigo have better teams around there QB is pure bs and a slap in the face to the rest of our good team.
                    [/quote]The Giants have a great team. That said ya can't discount the effect the whole Plax thing had on and off the feild. It was just too weird, we were smooth sailing up to then and it was like blowing a tire doing 70 mph, completely unexpected, impossible to ignore and left everybody pretty shook up.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]I think theres even quotes of Jim johnson saying he changed the gameplan because plax wasnt going to be in....
                      [/quote]

He did say that, but I think he would of used the same game plan either way knowing the conditions of the game. I also think the Giants would have capitolized in the passing game without those winds.

No DC will worry about the long passing game under those circumstances. Dumpoffs to Westbrook killed us in the first game and that's why I was pissed off at our defense. (Our defense had the advantage too and they couldn't caritolize)

Comment

[quote user="ManningBowl"][quote user="NewYorkDave"]

[/quote]

[/quote]and Rooni says he's a better kisser.

Comment

[quote user="Mua Dib"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="NewYorkDave"]

[/quote]
                          [/quote]The Giants have a great team. That said ya can't discount the effect the whole Plax thing had on and off the feild. It was just too weird, we were smooth sailing up to then and it was like blowing a tire doing 70 mph, completely unexpected, impossible to ignore and left everybody pretty shook up.[/quote]
                          i see your point, but we won the very next game though.

Comment

[quote user="Champs212542"][quote user="Bluefan10"]He's making plays all over the field and avoiding sacks. And to think that we could've had him. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. []
                            [/quote]

What do Joe montana and Eli manning have in common?

Superbowl MVPs and only QBs to throw 2 TDs in the 4th quarter....Also i hate you[/quote]

What do Jon Kitna and Eli manning have in common? They both threw the most interceptions in 07 season...comparisons are dumb when trying to prove a point as you can see.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="NewYorkDave"]

[/quote]
                              [/quote]

We did have a great team but obviously it wasn't good enough. Our offense let the abscense of one man dictate what we did. The Steelers offense was much worse then ours but never let the play of their offensive line and the injury to Hines Ward slow them down. Not to mention the lack luster running game led. This was a team game and they got the job done as a collective whole. We did not. And Eli's mates DID let him down. Pierce is fat and out of shape and he proclaims himself as the leader of our defense. Plus he is out at night clubs drinking three days before a game. I can pretty much bet my life that Harrison and Polamalu haven't seen the inside of a night club since last off season. Our team is defintiely more talented and has the tools but we need to refocus on football.

And I do not think it is a slap in the face to say the Super Bowl champs had a better all round team....and I said nothing at all about San Diego....they suck. I hate Rivers and Tomlinson has no heart.....oh yeah and Merriman is a cheatin steriod using punk.

Comment

[quote user="ManningBowl"][quote user="NewYorkDave"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know who's arm is stronger, but I heard Eli has a very strong arm. Stronger than Peytons.

Comment

Working...
                                X