Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Phillips On Trip To Washington

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#axzz2DkeC0uQ9

Excerpt: "The Giants on Sunday boarded their charter Amtrak train for their trip to Washington, DC for Monday night’s game against the Redskins and safety Kenny Phillips went along for the ride with his teammates.Phillips is listed as doubtful to be able to play in the game after he aggravated a right knee injury in last week’s victory over the Packers. He is unlikely to be able to heal in time for Monday night’s game but by making the trip, the Giants are at least holding out hope that Phillips might improve enough to give it a shot." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-02-2012, 04:30 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Williams and Beckum did not make the trip.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'm assuming JPP is fine? I know he's listed as questionable but I've heard nothing else.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Phillips says he'll play. I believe him. We'll need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          I'm assuming JPP is fine? I know he's listed as questionable but I've heard nothing else.
          Let's hope he's OK to play

Comment

He is not playing. As good as he is when he is playing he will be a liability out there of he is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              He is not playing. As good as he is when he is playing he will be a liability out there of he is injured.
              Phillips or JPP?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Phillips or JPP?
                KP.

Comment

KP.
                  JPP is more critical, or is he? KP makes the multiple safety schemes humm

Comment

JPP is more critical, or is he? KP makes the multiple safety schemes humm
                    Tough call on hat one. How cold anyone pick over JPP? Then again, the secondary seems to get torched without KP.

Comment

Glad to hear that KP will give it a try. I'm hoping for the best, but also understand that there is a chance he cant go.

As for JPP---I think he will be fine. And as for Williams, maybe the Giants ought to think about putting him on the IR. All I have been hearing the passed few weeks is how is would be ready to go. Originally he was supposed to be on the mend and looked good to go after the bye, well here we are, 2 games after the bye. It just has been disappointing to not see him out there and contributing, but I know I know, injuries are part of the game, and its not his fault for being hurt.

This is a big game, a divisional game that could pretty much lock the division up for the Giants should they win.

Comment

No one is more important on that d then jpp - he is an animal and of the best ends in the game. KP certainly does sure us up on the back end but every pressure we get is based on JPP taking on two defenders and often beating both.

Comment

Tough call on hat one. How cold anyone pick over JPP? Then again, the secondary seems to get torched without KP.
                          I think JPP is the key on the line along with Kiwanuka. Amukamara has done a great job and Stevie Brown as well, for the most part. When Phillips is in, Rolle gets to play the position he was brought in to fill and the 3/4 safety defense is getting better with each game.

We could have a shoot out on our hands.

Comment

I think JPP is the key on the line along with Kiwanuka. Amukamara has done a great job and Stevie Brown as well, for the most part. When Phillips is in, Rolle gets to play the position he was brought in to fill and the 3/4 safety defense is getting better with each game.

We could have a shoot out on our hands.
                            Lets not hope for a shootout against RG. What I'm hoping is PF has seen enough film on RG this go-around, that we can effectively minimize his effectiveness. (nothing wrong with some wishful thinking, eh?)

Comment

What about Keith Rivers? I haven't heard anything about him, is he going to play?

Comment

Working...
                              X