GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    Let's face it. We weren't able to stop them. We kicked FG's when they scored TDs. They executed we didn't. We lost fair and square.
    They scored two freaking touchdowns, one was flukey as hell, and we lost by ONE point. We didn't get blown out of the water.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chazj1 View Post
      We have a PLAIN vanilla offense - if players execute it can work.

We havent tricked anyone in years

we havent added a "wrinkle" in years

No misdirection plays

No end arounds - just to keep people honest

We have no identity as an offense short of ELI making a great play - those seam passes where things of beauty

If Eli is the identity of this offense - we should live and die with it - deflating the ball to keep RG3 off the field was a bone head move and it cost us.

You can tell by how many posts I have made today that I am not happy and I think we were OUTCOACHED
      Count me in as one of the people that think Eli deserves the majority of credit for our offensive success.

Gilbride saves his most aggravating game plans for the NFC East.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by ManningToJPP View Post
        http://www.giants101.com/2012/12/03/...best-there-is/

Hey guys,

Say what you want about my main man Kevin, but he is my boy for life. He proves the doubters wrong when it counts, and throws in a vanilla gameplan to keep other teams off balance. He is almost as cool as Martellus Bennet.

Tina Turner wrote this song specifically for Kevin Gilbride...

"I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          Link/proof?
          The proof is that it is obvious our defense was not going to stop them and we should have went for it. Heck, Tuck and Osi were just transfixed and fantasizing about Bobby Gee 3 that there was no way our defense was going to contain him with 4 minutes left on the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
            The proof is that it is obvious our defense was not going to stop them and we should have went for it. Heck, Tuck and Osi were just transfixed and fantasizing about Bobby Gee 3 that there was no way our defense was going to contain him with 4 minutes left on the clock.
            Lucky drops also made the game closer, if they actually caught the wide open passes the score would be much higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
              The proof is that it is obvious
              In that case it shouldn't be difficult to cough up some tangible proof. We stopped them just that prior drive.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• I didn't realize the OC told his players to commit lots of penalties and not execute their plays. He really is at fault isn't he?

Comment

They scored two freaking touchdowns, one was flukey as hell, and we lost by ONE point. We didn't get blown out of the water.
                  Of course we didn't get blown out of the water. They weren't able to stop us on offense as well. The big difference was they scored TDs and we didn't. We're the Kings of kicking FGs. It's bound to bite us in the butt at some point, and it did last week. Heck, against Green Bay, we pretty much scored touchdowns and subsequently blew them out. If we scored an extra TD here, we win. As crap as our defense is, they only gave up 17 points. If you want to place blame, the offense is more to blame for only being able to put up 16 points.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

They scored 2 touchdowns, we scored one.
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Not to mention the missed FG, too.

Mostly, the penalties freaking killed up.

Comment

Of course we didn't get blown out of the water. They weren't able to stop us on offense as well. The big difference was they scored TDs and we didn't. We're the Kings of kicking FGs. It's bound to bite us in the butt at some point, and it did last week. Heck, against Green Bay, we pretty much scored touchdowns and subsequently blew them out. If we scored an extra TD here, we win. As crap as our defense is, they only gave up 17 points. If you want to place blame, the offense is more to blame for only being able to put up 16 points.
                        Why not blame the entire team? The penalties were brutal. The offense couldn't score. The defense couldn't get off the field in the 2nd half. ST's missed a FG and had several costly penalties that absolutely killed our field position (primarily in the 2nd half).

There's enough blame to go around where one side of the ball needn't be singled out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          Why not blame the entire team? The penalties were brutal. The offense couldn't score. The defense couldn't get off the field in the 2nd half. ST's missed a FG and had several costly penalties that absolutely killed our field position (primarily in the 2nd half).

There's enough blame to go around where one side of the ball needn't be singled out.
                          I think the difference is that we have come to expect our defense to be mediocre with a few big plays... our offense on the other hand is supposed to be among the best in the league, something that we haven't seen for most of the second half of the season. I think as long as we are continuously told that Eli is "elite", our O coord is greatest offensive mind in the NFL and that our receiving group is the best... we will probably continue to expect them to play like they are.
                          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• Originally posted by ManningToJPP View Post
                            http://www.giants101.com/2012/12/03/...best-there-is/

Hey guys,

Say what you want about my main man Kevin, but he is my boy for life. He proves the doubters wrong when it counts, and throws in a vanilla gameplan to keep other teams off balance. He is almost as cool as Martellus Bennet.
                            does gilbride play D? could kilbride not stop a nose bleed, never mind the run? there is plenty of blame to go around,,he is only part of the problem.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, but there's a reason for that. Trying to run the ball too much when that's the other team's strength is pure Giants "hard-headedness" from the coaching staff. When the other team is weak against the pass, then you pass the ball the vast majority of the time. At least one sequence in the 2nd half we ran on first AND second down and then had 3rd and long. We ran the ball well in the first half, but not the 2nd, but we didn't change our playcalling to adjust for that. Gilbride should shoulder a lot of the blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                                Tina Turner wrote this song specifically for Kevin Gilbride...

lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X