Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    KG is probably one of the worst OCs in NFL. We win in spite of him.
    Uh, I'm a huge KillDrive critic, but that is ridiculous. There are at least 2 that are worse... :-)

    He is way to predictable, but if the players execute, it looks good anyway.
    Jerry Reese sucks

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
      KG is probably one of the worst OCs in NFL. We win in spite of him.
      Come on man... He's not close to the worst OC in the NFL. 2 SB rings since he took over the OC Job. Give him a break. How many other OC's have 2 SB rings since 2007 season? Maybe the Steelers right or wrong? I'm not saying he's the best but one of the worst????? no way Jose.

      Comment


      • #18
        It's a real head scratcher when he draws up plays designed to be a few yards shy of a first down when its 3rd down.

        Comment


        • #19
          Notice how many amazing OCs we have on these boards?
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BigBlue wins View Post
            It's a real head scratcher when he draws up plays designed to be a few yards shy of a first down when its 3rd down.
            Every single play in the playbook (excluding clock management and special teams) is designed for a touchdown FYI.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
              Come on man... He's not close to the worst OC in the NFL. 2 SB rings since he took over the OC Job. Give him a break. How many other OC's have 2 SB rings since 2007 season? Maybe the Steelers right or wrong? I'm not saying he's the best but one of the worst????? no way Jose.
              Okay, maybe not the worst but he is not very good. He is a bad OC. Is it a coincidence that after Killdrive transitioned from QB coach to OC that Eli became a better QB?

              Actually, although they are successful, Pittsburgh Steelers went out and brought in a new OC this year and it has really helped Ben Rapistfatburger out. Maybe we should bring in a new one too.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Uh, I'm a huge KillDrive critic, but that is ridiculous. There are at least 2 that are worse... :-)

                He is way to predictable, but if the players execute, it looks good anyway.
                I can go with that. There may be 2-4 that worse than Killdrive but that is it. Our offense executes well in spite of Killdrive.

                Odd that some folks want to say we threw up stinkers on offense against Pittsburgh and Cincinatti then our offense lit up Green Bay and it is due to Killdrive’s game planning. Gee, something to do with that may be because Cincinatti and Pittsburgh have very respectable defenses and Green Bay does not.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  Notice how many amazing OCs we have on these boards?
                  I just don't liek the fact I can call half of his plays before the snap. Imagine what DC's can do with all the gameplanning they do and film they study on him? When it works though, he looks great. I've been saying we need to run more quick slants and screens to the RB this year. Gilbride NEVER does. Then last game, Bradshaw on that screen pass, BOOM, 60+ yards to the 1. Defenses aren't going to be able to stop it because Gilbride never calls it. When was the last time Cruz sprinted off a slant at the snap? I dont remember once this year, and I think it would be so effective because teams have to respect his speed.
                  Jerry Reese sucks

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ManningToJPP View Post
                    I will agree with the notion that he is very inconsistent.

                    But perhaps it may be by design?

                    For Example: He orchestrated the 2 worst offensive games weve seen in recent memory vs Cincy and Pitt (ironically 2 teams not in the NFC = no harm in playoff picture other than the losses) and the next game vs GB, Kevin writes a magnificent game plan and we put up 30+ on the pack,

                    So maybe his inconsistencies are on purpose? Probably not, but its worth take a closer look.

                    But besides all of that, overall KG does a good job. He will make you want to pull your teeth out some games, and others you will want to cuddle with him alllll night long.
                    I think the biggest difference in the Green Bay game was execution.....the entire team, starting with the offensive line, came out focused.

                    I've been a frequent critic of Gilbride, but I have to respect what he's done running the offense. I think the lion's share of the credit goes to Eli Manning, but it's still KG's system, so he deserves credit as well.

                    But "the best there is?"......no. The best in the business doesn't lose to a Philly team that is absolute roadkill right now.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                      Very easily because it is true.
                      Provide evidence of its truth, then. You're welcome to your opinion, but there are only one set of facts.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                        I think the biggest difference in the Green Bay game was execution.....the entire team, starting with the offensive line, came out focused.

                        I've been a frequent critic of Gilbride, but I have to respect what he's done running the offense. I think the lion's share of the credit goes to Eli Manning, but it's still KG's system, so he deserves credit as well.

                        But "the best there is?"......no. The best in the business doesn't lose to a Philly team that is absolute roadkill right now.
                        Philly wasn't roadkill when we played them. Their defense at the time was one of the best against the pass, particular deep throws.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          consistency or results....take your pick....I like results......
                          Well if we play bad we are going to have poor results, if we play good we are going to have good results. Add those two together in one season and you get Kevin Gilbride's system
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                            Every single play in the playbook (excluding clock management and special teams) is designed for a touchdown FYI.
                            Lol what, bro?

                            I hope you are just joking around being a silly guy.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              Philly wasn't roadkill when we played them. Their defense at the time was one of the best against the pass, particular deep throws.
                              That's the thing... they built their defense to counter us, like they always do... since they're garbage, they'd rather be able to specifically beat us than win a lombardi.

                              That's also why Romo was able to throw all day on them. Since their pass defense is designed to stop the deep throw, they can get annihilated with slants just like us...

                              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                                consistency or results....
                                take your pick....

                                I like results......
                                +1
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X