No announcement yet.

Why are we wasting David Wilson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as he doesn't "Frerotte" himself I'm good.

Comment

I would not worry

He was doing things like that at VT

And one to pump up the blood some more

Last edited by mainaman; 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        How is a backflip dangerous? How is it anymore dangerous than any player jumping at any point during a game or in a celebration?
        You compared it to the salsa. You dont leave your feet ever, and certainly do not do a flip doing the salsa.
        "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Originally posted by DINO FLORIDA View Post
          I keep worrying he's gonna come down wrong and shred a knee ligament, or his ankle or achillies. He should find a better, safer way to celebrate his TDs!!
          **** Button. He says He is a little off on his landings.
          "There is winning and there is Misery"

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
            You compared it to the salsa. You dont leave your feet ever, and certainly do not do a flip doing the salsa.
            How do we know Cruz doesnt twist an ankle doing the salsa?

Exactly, its stupid to be worried about something that would be an absolute freak injury from a backflip or salsa when there are 300 pound defenders trying to drive these guys into the ground every play.

Comment

How do we know Cruz doesnt twist an ankle doing the salsa?

Exactly, its stupid to be worried about something that would be an absolute freak injury from a backflip or salsa when there are 300 pound defenders trying to drive these guys into the ground every play.
              So, you answer your own question? I usually agree with your point of view, this time I wont. A BACKFLIP IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A SALSA DANCE!! I wont argue this point anymore. You are wrong this time. TC needs to shut it down!

Comment

Originally posted by DINO FLORIDA View Post
                I keep worrying he's gonna come down wrong and shred a knee ligament, or his ankle or achillies. He should find a better, safer way to celebrate his TDs!!
                Dont worry, the posters would just blame the trainers anyways.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
                  So, you answer your own question? I usually agree with your point of view, this time I wont. A BACKFLIP IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A SALSA DANCE!! I wont argue this point anymore. You are wrong this time. TC needs to shut it down!
                  How? I keep asking this. How is jumping in the air more dangerous than a salsa?

Everyone keeps saying it, but the best they can come up with is "he could come down weird and tear up his leg". Which is total crap. Show that happening to any athlete anywhere ever.

Yes, Gramatica tore an ACL jumping straight up in the air.

Perhaps no player should be allowed to move at all in celebration, that would surely prevent injuries.

We are debating things that are like 1 in a million. Its pointless.

If we are that worried about protecting him from everything why let him drive home at night? Thats far more dangerous than doing a backflip
                  Last edited by slipknottin; 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Slip, you asked and shall get.

your quote
                    Everyone keeps saying it, but the best they can come up with is "he could come down weird and tear up his leg". Which is total crap. Show that happening to any athlete anywhere ever.

Yes, Gramatica tore an ACL jumping straight up in the air.

Comment

So is the argument you are making that no players shall ever be allowed to jump at all in celebration? Because it is far too dangerous?

Still waiting for this list of athletes that have torn up their legs doing a backflip...

Comment

How is a backflip dangerous? How is it anymore dangerous than any player jumping at any point during a game or in a celebration?
                        I suppose flipping would generate more momentum. A bad landing could break his ankle. The same could be said for Bradshaw's spike, though.

Wilson is experienced in performing these so it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

I'm gonna give coach some slack here. I don't think it was that one fumble way back when keeping DW off the field. Running backs need to block first in our offense and they weren't about to put him in if they had any concerns about this part of his game. i think it's great he's coming on at the end of the season - opponents don't have much film on him so it's a nice little surprise for everyone!

GO GIANTS!!!!

Comment

You guys need to relax....it's not any worse then doing the Lambeau leap and misses the wall and falling on your ankle. The kid has done this for years I think he knows how to land right...
                            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Wilson's been doing the flip thing since his early school days... He did it all through college too.. No big deal if you ask me.. been doing it for a decade.. If it doesn't worry TC, it doesn't worry me.. If he stops it you know that TC may have said something to him.. Glad to see him getting some touches and happy he shows excitement.. good days ahead.

Comment

So is the argument you are making that no players shall ever be allowed to jump at all in celebration? Because it is far too dangerous?

Still waiting for this list of athletes that have torn up their legs doing a backflip...
                                You want a list? COME ON MAN!! You are being ridiculous. He doesnt need to do that and risk injury, we are already giving him a chance to make a name and we have nobody else to fill in. He is being an idiot doing that crap. I am done discussing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X