No announcement yet.

Why are we wasting David Wilson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he can continue it, but the returns this week had as much to do with the saints special teams as it did Wilson.

he went about 4 games without a really decent return (up until last week).
    sigpic

Comment

David Wilson highlights

and some of you this kid has no vision,,he doesn't get, etc., etc. REALLY? just had to give the kid a legitimate chance and boom.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...0-3ab1923be264

Comment

Any player could get hurt at any time yes, but to stop him from doing backflips during a celebration is not going to happen. If you stop him, then you need to stop Bradshaw from jumping in the air and spiking the ball. You also need to stop guys from dunking the ball over the foul post and also guys from leaping in the stands.. Point being, 1 in a million change he will hurt himself doing that, like any other celebration so its a moot point..

Comment

a lot of people like to throw around 'Key Words', i wonder how many have actually played a running back position apart from backyard games

Comment

I really wish the internet here at work didn't block so much crap!

Comment

Was fantastic to see Wilson play like he did. The return team did fantastic, everyone made their blocks, no whiffs and the kid just explodes through the gaps. Awesome to see.

I would have loved to see him put his head down on the 3rd return and try and push straight through the punter instead of trying to squeeze past him. But Wilson probably through he had a shot to beat him with pure speed again.

Great performance against a dangerous Saints team.

Comment

i don't know if it's dangerous.....but it looks as stupid as the salsa.

i just don't like contrived childish exhibitions of "looka-me ! , looka-me ! celebrations with oneself.
                due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                  i don't know if it's dangerous.....but it looks as stupid as the salsa.

i just don't like childish exhibitions of "looka-me ! , looka-me ! celebrations with oneself.
                  spare me....the kid is 21 and just had a big day. Let him have some fun. He was riding the pine all year.
                  sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Big fan of him as a pick and of his body of work so far. Still, I'd like to see a bit more consistency from scrimmage and not "All-Or-Nothing" every time he touches the ball. I guess that comes with experience.

BTW, check out the official give Wilson a handshake after that first return of the video. Don't know why I find that funny.
                    Last edited by RagTime Blue; 12-10-2012, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                      spare me....the kid is 21 and just had a big day. Let him have some fun. He was riding the pine all year.
                      actually , he plays every game.....and tonight wasn't his 1st touchdown.
                      and i have always been against players acting like a fool after scoring a touchdown.
                      i have posted about it before.....just because its a NY Giant doing it doesn't change my opinion.
                      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

But the play that Manning enjoyed seeing the most was one that most didn't even notice.
                        "I said to him, 'Your best play was picking up that three-safety blitz on a play-action,'" Manning said.
                        Of all the things Wilson did on his record-breaking coming-out party, the rookie may be most proud of that.

this is a tidbit from an article on espn.com....eli referring to wilson's pick up of the blitz.

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                          actually , he plays every game.....and tonight wasn't his 1st touchdown.
                          and i have always been against players acting like a fool after scoring a touchdown.
                          i have posted about it before.....just because its a NY Giant doing it doesn't change my opinion.
                          Yeah cause you wouldn't celebrate a touchdown in front of 80,000 people...come on man.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Best play of the Night, Pass Protection, something that Wilson is Horrid At

that made me smile

Comment

i did and still do what Barry did,

I Love Wilson, but it's going to become like the Salsa, a contrived notion,

Comment

This thread is embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X