Robert Griffin has mediocre game...hailed king

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
    While the 4 picks are impressive, he mostly throws safe short passes & quick outs to his recievers. He has lit up a few teams like NO, Dallas & Philly thru the air, but then again, those 3 teams don't exactly have a great secondary either.
    Tell that to the Giants.

Comment

thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
        While the 4 picks are impressive, he mostly throws safe short passes & quick outs to his recievers. He has lit up a few teams like NO, Dallas & Philly thru the air, but then again, those 3 teams don't exactly have a great secondary either.
        he averages more yards per pass than Eli
        Eli 7.4 ,
        RG3 8.2.
        same amount of drops....28 apiece.
        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Christie View Post
          If this RG machine is so good, why doesn't it reflect in the standings?
          he has a lousy defense.....except against us....
          due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
          my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.
            That's right, but some of the stuff is really going overboard. I mean it looks like Justin Tuck has a love-affair with the guy and I read an article where the writer was praising him for fumbling the ball, because he saw the receiver open. PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
              he averages more yards per pass than Eli
              Eli 7.4 ,
              RG3 8.2.
              same amount of drops....28 apiece.
              on passes rg3 doesnt do the option PA, his ypa is 5.7 or worst in the league for perspective

edit-and where r u getting ur stats from, i read an article yesterday that had his ypa at like 7.2 or something...

Comment

gruden even acknowledged as well as pretty much any fair analyst (altho it seems they hate to admit it) that rg3 is running a 1 read offense. a 1 read pass offense and 1 read option run offense.
                he does throw virtually nothing but high % throws, those quick up tempo swing passes to the wrs behind the los, the slant, and that seam pass 7-10 yds upfield. he throws a good longball, but with Safeties being paralyzed by that damn PA, its not as if his arm accuracy is whats the source for it. his success is based n that option pistol, and right now its wrking. im telling u guys, teams r gonna stop caring about the option and just level rg3 any time the option is presented, even when he hands it off. and washington will either ruin his career with injuries by not adapting, or they'll change to a real nfl offense and we'll see how rg3 is making 3 and 5 step drops...kinda confused as to why they dont do that at all, im not gonna lie, part of me thinks its bc shannahan is trying to hide a flaw...theres no reason to believe rg3 could handle what luck runs in indy while i could maintain luck could easily run what they do in washington

Comment

its hard to unlearn bad habits. i think this whole running a wildcat/spread option offense could end up being dentrimental to rg3 in the long run i really do

Comment

RG3 mediocre game? You must be a fantasy football nut. Fantasy football nuts like the original poster don't have a great understanding of what it takes to be a good QB. The stats did not show how effective he was. RG3 was able to make solid reads in the read option and gave Morris running lanes and Garcon the passing lanes when they needed to. Also RG3 was on the bench for damn near the whole 1st half. Please keep that dumb fantasy football insight out of real football forums....move this thread to entertainment please.
                    " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                      RG3 mediocre game? You must be a fantasy football nut. Fantasy football nuts like the original poster don't have a great understanding of what it takes to be a good QB. The stats did not show how effective he was. RG3 was able to make solid reads in the read option and gave Morris running lanes and Garcon the passing lanes when they needed to. Also RG3 was on the bench for damn near the whole 1st half. Please keep that dumb fantasy football insight out of real football forums....move this thread to entertainment please.
                      Thank you - please tell this to all these nuts saying the Giants D had a good game against RGIII because he "only" completed 13 passes (out of 21), he "only" ran 72 yards (but its ok because 46 was on one carry). People are thinking the Giants held RGIII under 200 yards passing - he could of thrown for 100 for all I care because whenever he needed a 3rd down pass, he got it.

You can look at numbers or you can look at the fact that RGIII did what he wanted to. The best defensive performance was the long drives by the O. If they **** the bed just a little less by turning one of those fg's to 6 we win.

Comment

He did what he wanted to do? Like fumble the ball and have one of his jus pick it up and run it in? The Giants defense held them down for most of the first half. They scored on a fluke play and where held to a field goal when they had a first down on the Giants 13 yard line. The second half started with the Giants punting and then the defense forcing a turnover. The Giants defense allowed a a whopping 7 points in the second half. Oh, and that 46 yard run didn't have a thing to do with the score. It was just a stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                          Thats where you are wrong sir, I haven't the slightest clue about fantasy football, nor do I care to learn about it either. What game were you watching? His performance was less than mediocre if u ask me. Just because he's elusive doesn't make him a great QB. They are a .500 team.
                          Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Christie View Post
                            Thats where you are wrong sir, I haven't the slightest clue about fantasy football, nor do I care to learn about it either. What game were you watching? His performance was less than mediocre if u ask me. Just because he's elusive doesn't make him a great QB. They are a .500 team.
                            RG3 was a threat everytime he had the ball in his hands. RG3 opened up all the opportunities for Garcon, Pauleson, and Morris. We left Garcon WIDE OPEN ON A SLANT PASS...and why is that? Because our linebackers were keying in on what RG3 was doing. Our offense even tried to keep RG3 off the field, and they did....and that was our only legitimate way of stopping RG3. RG3 singlehandley fooled our Defensive front and made them insignificent throughout the contest. I was hoping we switched to a 3-4 in the middle of that game.

Yes the Redskins are a .500 team as we speak, but that does not mean they cannot improve on that. If it wasnt for they sorry secondary they would of swept us this year. I cant stand RG3, but you have to give this man his respect....we did not have many possessions and as a rookie he had more poise than any1 on our team. And also remember that Alfred Morris is also a 6round rookie as his sidekick.

We have Eli Manning and a veteran Bradshaw and a 1st round rookie against a sorry secondary and no Orakpo....and our offensive looked like a hot mess. If it wasn't for Tynes, we would probably be a .500 team or even worse.
                            " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

They had 280 yards passing and a 100 yard rusher and the OL looked like a mess?

Comment

I have no problem with Giants fans acknowledging RG3's talent, but some of you are slobbering on his knob and it's quite frankly quite disgusting.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Working...
                                X