RGIII wasn't the problem, Alfred Morris was

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGIII wasn't the problem, Alfred Morris was

The ONLY reason we couldn't tee off on RGIII last night (outside from Osi, Tuck, Joseph, and JPP sucking) was because Alfred freaking Morris could not me stopped.

The commentators went on rants about how "amazing" RGIIIs play actions were, but they didn't have to be, the Giants would have respected the run if I was handing off to Morris. Two games against us and he alone has over 300 yards. That's awful and the real reason we didn't win the game. If we were able to force RGIII to pass it's a different ball game.

Lets not forget RGIII's "MAGICAL" fumble for a TD that got John Gruden wet.

I agree Bob didn't do **** in that game, we just couldn't stop the run

Comment

Alfred Morris is a tank of a RB...can't believe he was a 6th rounder...

Comment

I agree ... Alfred Morris should be the one that's being pimped all over the place, not RGIII. I saw us stacking the box last night and AM still would run for 4-10 yards a clip.

I never saw him tackled at the spot of first contact once.

While the first inclination would be to rant and rave about our lack of tackling prowess, I don't think that was the case ... I think the kid is that good. Having said that Shannahan has been turning no-name running backs into stars for years now with his zone-block running scheme. I think he has an awesome fit to that scheme with AM, and that makes RGIII's life SOOOOOO much easier.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

The refs were a bigger problem.

Comment

Eh, they all kind of feed off of each other. The fact that RG3 can run to either side, turn the edge, and make huge gains with his legs opens up things for Morris between the OL in that zone scheme. He wouldn't be over 1000 yards in the majority of other NFL schemes since only a few other QBs are so threatening to a defense like RG3 is.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
              The refs were a bigger problem.
              Enough with the ref BS ... we got a couple of phantom calls ourselves (i.e. offensive pass interference by Paulson, offsetting personal fouls in the fumble scrum, etc ...).
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

So I guess you did not see RG3 get a first down on 1st and 10 after running for 7 yds? I guess that happens every game, my bad what am I thinking it's no big deal that the refs threw a flag every time the giants got something going.

Comment

We lost all forms of contain of RG3 from that option which opened up the hesitation and room for Morris. The dude is a monster but I think with a standard pocket QB, you wouldn't get those play action runs that he gets with RG3

Comment

The fact that Marvin Austin is a bust is also a problem.......and the fact that we can't find a stud LB in the draft or free agency.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
                      So I guess you did not see RG3 get a first down on 1st and 10 after running for 7 yds? I guess that happens every game, my bad what am I thinking it's no big deal that the refs threw a flag every time the giants got something going.
                      No and that's not why we lost the game.

Comment

So I guess you're ignorant enough to think that "fumble" was not an illegal lateral pass also right? Fans like you are the reason why the league still has refs like this, because you're blind clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                          Eh, they all kind of feed off of each other. The fact that RG3 can run to either side, turn the edge, and make huge gains with his legs opens up things for Morris between the OL in that zone scheme. He wouldn't be over 1000 yards in the majority of other NFL schemes since only a few other QBs are so threatening to a defense like RG3 is.
                          Exactly, Alfred Morris is a good back but he's also a 6th rounder with limited upside. The reason why Morris gets a large portion of his offense is that DEs and LBs are concentrating on containing RGIII and it leaves a lot of room for Morris.
                          Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

Its one without the other nothings happens. If Bob aint running the O dfenses crush Morris but due to hispower unless you committ you don't stop him. They're a good compliment for each other. Funny isn't it that 6 teams already beat the skins. So until they win the division hold on to the kings crown, okay!

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                              The fact that Marvin Austin is a bust is also a problem.......and the fact that we can't find a stud LB in the draft or free agency.
                              Our Dline supposedly is good against the run....blackburn, kiwi are supposedly good against the run....our safeties are supposedly good against the run...

What are the chances that us as fans overrate our own guys?

Comment

Working...
                              X