Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We lost because of poor execution....period.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they better shore up the bad execution because New Orleans can put up points in a heartbeat. And they don't settle for field goals either. Its a convoy of 6's. The fact that Tynes is getting too much work doesn't speak well for the offense. Gilbride and Coughlin better stop being too conservative because the NFC East right now is a jump ball.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
      this doesnt tell me how they adjusted to our scheme but its okay. you're assuming they adjusted because they played better in the second half. It could very well be a result of them just executing better. I dont remember their defense being much different in the second half in terms of stopping the run but i would have to go back and rewatch the game.
      Really? Because they have the 3rd ranked run defense or whatever. Ahmad ran through all of them in the first half and in the second half he could barely get a yard. And maybe they did just play better, thats certainly a possibility, but we couldnt switch some things up ourselves? If something isnt working, fix it or find other solutions. Someone else on here said the coaches adjusted but the adjustment didnt work, find something else! We are too smart to be limited to run run pass. Instead of the long ball, go short, go no huddle! Eli's 7 step drop back waiting for guys to get open down the field isnt always going to work. That was successful last year, this year teams are countering that. Again, penalties didnt help either and the 3 FG's were absolutely uncalled for. We really should have beaten them 35-10 but we just get so conservative and you can't tell me teams dont start to figure that out.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Really? Because they have the 3rd ranked run defense or whatever. Ahmad ran through all of them in the first half and in the second half he could barely get a yard. And maybe they did just play better, thats certainly a possibility, but we couldnt switch some things up ourselves? If something isnt working, fix it or find other solutions. Someone else on here said the coaches adjusted but the adjustment didnt work, find something else! We are too smart to be limited to run run pass. Instead of the long ball, go short, go no huddle! Eli's 7 step drop back waiting for guys to get open down the field isnt always going to work. That was successful last year, this year teams are countering that. Again, penalties didnt help either and the 3 FG's were absolutely uncalled for. We really should have beaten them 35-10 but we just get so conservative and you can't tell me teams dont start to figure that out.
        the gameplan was to control the clock and thats what we did on offense. toward the end there was a holding penalty that killed us.
        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

the gameplan was to control the clock and thats what we did on offense. toward the end there was a holding penalty that killed us.
          So you are saying we lost because of a holding penalty?

Comment

So you are saying we lost because of a holding penalty?
            no but it killed that drive

~Big Mike~

Comment

I liked the initial game plan, but I think that when they started taking away the run in the second half, we needed to air it out more, especially agianst a crappy pass defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                I liked the initial game plan, but I think that when they started taking away the run in the second half, we needed to air it out more, especially agianst a crappy pass defense.
                We should have, they completely took away the run. Good job for them, we should have aired it out more, maybe not 70 yards down the field but short passing having the defense on their heels.

Comment

Relax children. It can be both. KG might have not called the "perfect game" but he shouldn't have to in order for us to win. Also, had it not been for penalties, we may not even be arguing over this. Bennet caught that 3rd down, we score a TD (or kick a FG) and who knows how this game may have ended up.

Comment

Originally posted by TickleMeEli View Post
                    Relax children. It can be both. KG might have not called the "perfect game" but he shouldn't have to in order for us to win. Also, had it not been for penalties, we may not even be arguing over this. Bennet caught that 3rd down, we score a TD (or kick a FG) and who knows how this game may have ended up.
                    There is no such thing as a perfect game.

Comment

this brings me back to my original point. instead of running the ball on 2nd and 7, eli has the ability to see if the defense is taking away the run. He can easily audible to a short pass. The fact that he kept sticking with the run on 2nd down tells me the defense didnt do much differently in the second half. Eli is smarter than that.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                        Where the Giants D failed was in allowing Griffin to convert First Downs time after time dude...... what they held him to only distorts the picture, giving the Defensive play a false look of success! Holding teams on third down has been the Defense's bugaboo all season.Eli was 20/33 for 280 with a TD and zero INT's.....where are all these errant passes people are talking about?Cruz had a 100 yds receiving.....Bradshaw 100 yds rushing....the numbers of the game, and our eyes tell the story of what was to blame for this loss.........Gilbrides playcalling, penalties, and the D allowing the Redskins to convert first downs.Look at the game again and count how many times Gilbride called for the delayed draw up the middle for no gain when Eli was having a good throwing day. Don't tell me it wasn't the playcalling that takes a lions share of the blame here, because it most definitely does!
                        The first time they had the ball they made one first down and then punted. The next time they had he ball they scored a TD on a fluke play. The next time they had the ball they punted. Then they had a drive down to the Giants 13 yard line and had to settle for a field goal. The second half started with a Giants punt and then the defense forced a turnover. Then Washington had a nice drive for a TD. The next time they had the ball they punted again. I'm not seeing where the Washington offense was having their way with the Giants defense. As for play calling, he coached where not called for a single penalty and hey didn't over grow a pass.

Comment

what everybody seems to be over-looking is the fact that the Washington gameplan
                          was ALSO to run the clock down and make it a short running attack ball control game.
                          their coaching staff did not want a shootout because of their 31st ranked pass defense would
                          get lit up by Eli and company.
                          they know we have a defense that sucks against the run....an underweight D-line and high school LBers.

they passed 21 times and ran 31 times. their plan was a short game
                          whereas they usually throw it 32 times (average).
                          that would LIMIT THE NUMBER OF POSSESSIONS for Eli , and ball control to have a chance of winning.
                          they did not want a shootout.

we came out in the 2nd half and fell right into their trap. they wanted that kind of game .

we were totally wrong in our approach. we should have thrown 50 times .

out- coached again.
                          Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012, 11:35 AM.
                          due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                          my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

This is like the cut vs uncut debate, everyone arguing because they are mad, anger is simply displaced onto two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by TickleMeEli View Post
                              This is like the cut vs uncut debate, everyone arguing because they are mad, anger is simply displaced onto two different things.
                              well , i hear venting is healthier than letting the blood pressure build up.
                              we gotta stay healthy..... i don't wanna lose my spot to the "next fan up"....ha-ha.
                              Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM.
                              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

We should have, they completely took away the run. Good job for them, we should have aired it out more, maybe not 70 yards down the field but short passing having the defense on their heels.
                                Bradshaw ran for 103 yards. They did NOT completely take away the run.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X